MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In August, 2015 *Updated 8/19

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    A new 1*? Really?

Yep. Surprise, they do want to attract new players.

1* Thanos.. as you collect infinity gems, he upgrades, all the way to 5*.

kdding.. but would be a cool feature.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    A new 1*? Really?

Yep. Surprise, they do want to attract new players.

1* Thanos.. as you collect infinity gems, he upgrades, all the way to 5*.

kdding.. but would be a cool feature.

Sounds more like a Voldemort *ahem* He who shall not be named type of mechanic. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Some of ya'll are so *bleeping* salty, just quit the game already.

NOTHING says you HAVE to have every character, stop whining because there are additional options, especially as they are building up a 4* game. They've increased 4* chances, they've added the ability to collect THREE 4* per PvP event, DDQ is a solid 4-5k a day, and there are other ISO discussions taking place that will most likely ease leveling those 4*s. If they don't release characters, people will whine, they release characters and people whine, jeez. If you feel that strongly about it, why are you guys even playing...

And yes, I'm just sick of the complaining, no the game isn't perfect, but people find reasons to whine about everything...its bloody annoying.

As for the thread 'YAY!' I was sad to see the spoiler thread nerfed, but if this can be kept up, it does distill the need for the thread to nil.

If I may, one other suggestion, I know it's linked elsewhere, but I'd also have a link to the MPQ Community Video in the first post to establish this as a 'catch all' thread. If someone in my alliance ask about the Vault, I can tell them the Sneak Peek Thread since it does (well those discussions) fall under the same umbrella.
    - Unreall
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of ya'll are so *bleeping* salty, just quit the game already.

NOTHING says you HAVE to have every character, stop whining because there are additional options, especially as they are building up a 4* game. They've increased 4* chances, they've added the ability to collect THREE 4* per PvP event, DDQ is a solid 4-5k a day, and there are other ISO discussions taking place that will most likely ease leveling those 4*s. If they don't release characters, people will whine, they release characters and people whine, jeez. If you feel that strongly about it, why are you guys even playing...

And yes, I'm just sick of the complaining, no the game isn't perfect, but people find reasons to whine about everything...its bloody annoying.

As for the thread 'YAY!' I was sad to see the spoiler thread nerfed, but if this can be kept up, it does distill the need for the thread to nil.

If I may, one other suggestion, I know it's linked elsewhere, but I'd also have a link to the MPQ Community Video in the first post to establish this as a 'catch all' thread. If someone in my alliance ask about the Vault, I can tell them the Sneak Peek Thread since it does (well those discussions) fall under the same umbrella.
    - Unreall

People are getting grumpy, must be near the end of a 7 day event.

Not sure who you were aiming this at, but i have been very much on board with the new 4* meta, and have full intentions on rostering the new 1* as well.
  • Post at the start of the thread, can't really insert my comments there.
    - Unreall
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    raise your hand if your going to pay 1000 HP for a slot for a new 1 star LOL

1 star falls down laughing

they just need to give it to everyone i could not see anyone playing PVE for a 1 star
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who says there'll be a PvE event for him? In the patch notes they announced 'A fresh, new player experience for those entering the game for the first time' hitting the game soon, and now they've announced a new 1*. Do the math.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    raise your hand if your going to pay 1000 HP for a slot for a new 1 star LOL

1 star falls down laughing

they just need to give it to everyone i could not see anyone playing PVE for a 1 star

You'll be flooded with them from standard tokens once they are added there.
  • So D3 needs to put Toddler Silvermane as a character icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Updated OP with next buff set and Deadpool Daily set.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

You guys do realize that one week has Cyclops as the only top tier character, and the next week has Hulkbuster, Prof X, Blade, Hood, and Thor, right?
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Changed my mind, I think the new character is Archangel.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards

If it's not some form of Falcon, you could run a Prof X/Falcon/*new character* super-tile-buffing never-die team.
  • Are there any updates on if the upcoming 4* values are correct?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Are there any updates on if the upcoming 4* values are correct?
    The numbers in this thread are still unchanged versus the most recent build, so they are correct, yes. As an unreleased character though, I can't say with 100% certainty whether that balance will stick through to release. I wouldn't bank on much, if anything, changing however.
  • IceIX wrote:
    The numbers in this thread are still unchanged versus the most recent build, so they are correct, yes. As an unreleased character though, I can't say with 100% certainty whether that balance will stick through to release. I wouldn't bank on much, if anything, changing however.
    The reason I'm asking is because the unknown 4* character has max level values of roughly 3.5x the base value (like a 3*), as opposed to the typical just under 2x for 4*.
  • IceIX wrote:
    The reason I'm asking is because the unknown 4* character has max level values of roughly 3.5x the base value (like a 3*), as opposed to the typical just under 2x for 4*.
    sounds like a job for phaserhawk
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker

How I would love that.

Will never happen. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

You guys do realize that one week has Cyclops as the only top tier character, and the next week has Hulkbuster, Prof X, Blade, Hood, and Thor, right?
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. Having 2-3 top tier characters boosted in a week means a lot of people will be playing the same team (more or less). Having one means you need to think about who to team him up with, having many means you have to make some tough choices.
    I'll be playing Cyclops and Squirrel Girl in Daken's PvP for full rainbow coverage. Should work well.
  • scottee wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I actually think its on purpose...especially considering how high up the characters are, they essentially balance themselves out. So one week we may have one dominant character, who isn't #1 so to speak, but when they do buff #1 and #2, they buff a bunch of other characters to make the fight more competitive.
    - Unreall