Retail release coming soon?

Options
Isay_Isay
Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited August 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
I happened across this today:
http://ps3trophies.com/trophies/04983-m ... zzle-quest

Looks like the Story parts of the game might be coming to a console/handheld near you?

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like a PsN downloadable. Hope it pops up in my PS+ freebie que! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isay_Isay wrote:

Looks like the Story parts of the game might be coming to a console/handheld near you?

So those are like the Google Play points i guess.

Just seems like it would be hard to play on a console. I would definitely not play it on a PS, Xbox-One at least you can use a keyboard/mouse, but would't touch it with the actual controllers.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Very interesting. Might give it a download if it is cheap enough just to see what the differences are.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Very interesting. Might give it a download if it is cheap enough just to see what the differences are.

The gold trophy mentions collecting 15 covers for a character, so maybe you don't have to worry about a cover limit. No more build debates!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Isay_Isay wrote:

So those are like the Google Play points i guess.

Just seems like it would be hard to play on a console. I would definitely not play it on a PS, Xbox-One at least you can use a keyboard/mouse, but would't touch it with the actual controllers.

It's not bad on a controller. I use to play the Original Puzzle Quest on my X-Box and never had a problem. Forgot how it worked but I don't remember it being difficult on a controller.

While looking at the achievement list:
    The Ocho: Match an eight of a kind.

Wonder if MNM is nerfed in this release lol
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Imagine the difference is Online Play against REAL PLAYERS! Ah the possibilities of being on a console.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Isay_Isay wrote:

The gold trophy mentions collecting 15 covers for a character, so maybe you don't have to worry about a cover limit. No more build debates!

If that is the case then that would be kind of boring imo. One of the most fun aspects of this game is choosing different builds and trying them out. Having everyone at 5/5/5 would be fun for a while but would get stale.
  • Turbosmooth
    Options
    It's not bad on a controller. I use to play the Original Puzzle Quest on my X-Box and never had a problem. Forgot how it worked but I don't remember it being difficult on a controller.

I played all the Puzzle Quests on DS and XBOX. While it was a great experience on both, the quick tile switch with the stylus made matches faster. While the graphics were so cool on XBOX, I ended up liking the DS version the best. I played through the DS 3x for the Easter Egg/alt-ending and different class. Although the Warrior Red tile change was pre-nerf on DS and was too good. Playing as the warrior made the game a breeze. It was the opposite but equally as crazy as pre-nerf X-Force. So you really needed to play as other classes to appreciate the challenge.

So now when I play MPQ on Android, the speed is even quicker with the finger. I will definitely try this game out on the console and probably even buy it, but my main version will probably remain the Android version (and I hate most mobile games).

About the 15 covers: I do not think you can build 5/5/5. I just think they keep a total of how many covers you have collected.