MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In August, 2015 *Updated 8/19

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    that yellow red combo only costs 4 more than old 4hor blue red combo and does like twice the damage....i'm not sure if this is kosher or not
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    that yellow red combo only costs 4 more than old 4hor blue red combo and does like twice the damage....i'm not sure if this is kosher or not
    FT is way more sustainable though, the charged tiles make getting additional casts way easier, and being able to chain stun the enemy team prevents a lot more damage than 1k and change in protects
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the sneak peak!

I like how the 4* characters are bringing even more synergy to the game. I can think of a bunch of 3* and 4* characters that would be fun to play with this new character. Keep it up!
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I'm going to throw a guess out there and say that this is Domino.
    There was a hint somewhere that this character is related to the new to be released X-Force Deadpool. Domino was a part of X-Force and can manipulate enemies attacks to fail/do less damage > defense tiles. And can manipulate allies attacks to work more effectively > buffing special tiles & utilizing assets in attacking.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Lee T wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    we are going to need an eternity to max them (or just stop trying).

I stopped trying.

4* PVE are time away from MPQ, I won't ever play the shield hop dance to get them in PVP and Ultron requires leaving my friend's alliance to obtain anything.. As long as there isn't a DDQ 4* equivalent, my 4* are basically PVE entry ticket for me.

Back then, before DDQ, the same was true for my 3*. I almost stopped playing the game out of discouragement when I realised I would probably never cover them all.

DDQ is the only reason I stayed.

Unless there's some major improvement concerning 4* in the foreseeable future, I will probably quit the game once I'll have covered all the 3* currently in my roster.
    I've pretty much done the same.
    DDQ only though I did try to do the fresh bracket thing with Hulk PvE and promptly lost interest after a single clear (though I did piddle around to earn a placement token for the remaining 2 subs).
    The drop rate for 3* and 4* are abysmal even if they are improved and the constant chase for covers has worn me out.
    The structure of this game demands too much of my time so backing away was initially difficult but as I was able to do other things without having to keep up with node clears it became easier.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Sam Wilson's Captain America perhaps?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    yep, looks like a 4star falcon to me...Captain AmericaFalcon
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously it's a 4* Moonstone. She's the best character in the game and is well overdue for the promotion to 4*.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get 4* Thor and X-Force buffed up now. Seriously this guy does 18K for 23 AP, or 801 dmg per AP. Seriously Thor would have to do 2 Power Surges and 2 Smites to overtake that dmg which would cost 38 AP and still only do 593 dmg per AP. And X-Force's X-Force needs a dmg boost.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Good stuff. Will this be updated in a couple weeks when most of the things spoiled here have already happened?

Hi. Yeah. The plan is to update the OP as the month continues and then begin a fresh new post each month. We do need something of a time buffer to let plans fall into place before we list out too far ahead.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Good stuff. Will this be updated in a couple weeks when most of the things spoiled here have already happened?

Hi. Yeah. The plan is to update the OP as the month continues and then begin a fresh new post each month. We do need something of a time buffer to let plans fall into place before we list out too far ahead.

Rather than update the OP, would it make more sense to do Sneak Peek: Week of...?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Added another upcoming character to the stuff for this month. 1* this time around!

Character thread is here for specific chatter about the character in question.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    A new 1*? Really?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Do we get a free roster slot for the 1* ?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    fmftint wrote:
    A new 1*? Really?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivVX4OU ... tu.be&t=20
    Edit: I'm a little surprised that that's the best clip I could find for that line... My Youtube-fu has failed me.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

LOL. Thanks for the sneak peek. I am happy to see a new character, that isn't a 4*, so thank you guys for that too. Since this is in the August Sneak Peek thread, is it safe to assume that this character will be coming in August as well?

EDIT-Just re-read your earlier post. Looks like it is.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow what a twist, that must be the rumoured new Spider-Man, who everybody expected to be a new 4*. It's quite a pity that's a 1* because he seems actually quite good! If he were at least a 2* I wouldn't mind rostering him if only for the shenanigans between his purple and 2* Bullseye's black. Poor Quicksilver's green is so bad that now it's mocked by a 1* ability.

Now I think of it... he's actually a better character than 3* Spider-Man (barring the lower level cap). Hopefully this will finally nudge the devs to buff up our beloved 3* webhead.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I'm so confused....

Do I use Venom/Bullseye/new 1* character for the Murderous Aim shenanigans or the Devour shenanigans?
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    in the current ISO-8 brotherhood PVE, I was hit by murderous aim while 2 crits were on the board. Good thing whoever was hit ( i think its was cmags) was down to only about 2k health but it was impressive nonetheless
  • fmftint wrote:
    A new 1*? Really?

Yep. Surprise, they do want to attract new players.