**** Sam Wilson (Captain America) ****

Comments

• Strengthening protect tiles? Must be an alternate version of professor x to counter jean's counter of professor x
  • If this is indeed Falcon-Cap, it seems strange to me to make a fusion of two 3* characters without including the core feature that gives them both their primary functionality- eliminating enemy countdown tiles. Buffing special tiles as a passive is nice, but I play Falcon for Redwing. Falcon and Cap together are my go-to for Survival nodes, but I don't see this character in that same role.
  • Does no one see the potential for strength?

Let's say you launch yellow. 5 protect tiles survive by the time you get red. Max level that's about 11k damage for 23 ap. Fair enough and enough to one-shot some characters.

Add in a teammate or two that also creates protect tiles and the damage increases, could be another hulk buster. 14 red ap is pretty dang high though.

That said, this will be a slow character and is a lot less awesome than Jean Grey IMO.
  • murmelmann8
    murmelmann8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I guess it's reed from fantastic four the movie is coming and the rest of the team is already here
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J wrote:
    Not to be a smarty pants, but are we sure this is a 4* character? The stats for the protect tiles and the damage done for the lowest level and at max level seem to be off. Normally a 4* will do about double damage/protect at max level, but here it does more than 3 times the values which is consistant for a 3* character I think.

Any ideas? Or is it just me that has noticed this and finds it odd? (Can't imagine that last bit to be honest... icon_lol.gif )

Unknown (Coming Soon)
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
    At Max Level: HP: 13934 Tile Damage: 82/64/73/11/10/11/4.0x
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Mmm...
    Should I use Loki to make all of those protect tiles into my attack tiles...
    Or should I use Doc Oct to nuke them all off of my board and one-shot the guy...

Such a tough call. icon_razz.gif

Anyways the character sounds cool and all, probably is some kind of falcon as I could imagine the two being on a team might be overwhelming.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Orion wrote:
    Who wants another new 3* character? There's already 40 of them out there to collect. If you aren't ready to collect this 4* person, then don't bother with the event. You'll save 7 days of sanity.

Lots of people do. It's a little frustrating to see the only characters being added are ones most of us can't afford to use without dropping the cost a flight to Japan on them. Collecting and leveling up 3* characters is time consuming, but viable for nearly everyone. Collecting and leveling multiple 4* characters is pretty much only viable for people who play nonstop and/or have money to burn. Not exactly encouraging casual players to stick with the game if all the rewards are characters you can't afford to use.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Who wants another new 3* character? There's already 40 of them out there to collect. If you aren't ready to collect this 4* person, then don't bother with the event. You'll save 7 days of sanity.

Lots of people do. It's a little frustrating to see the only characters being added are ones most of us can't afford to use without dropping the cost a flight to Japan on them. Collecting and leveling up 3* characters is time consuming, but viable for nearly everyone. Collecting and leveling multiple 4* characters is pretty much only viable for people who play nonstop and/or have money to burn. Not exactly encouraging casual players to stick with the game if all the rewards are characters you can't afford to use.

Yeah totally agree.

And it is not that we dont have enough new 4s to max coff Carnage, coff coff the thing, coff coff coff ant man coff coff coff coff jean grey, oh my god I got a cold!

This new char is clearly Falcon cap. He is not bad but not great either, red could really do some serious damage, but he is slow, a little bit like 3 captain. Blue though is a little underwhelming, it is just like regular falcon yellow. Sentry new best friend?

They tried to mix Captain and Falcon but I dont think they pulled a good mix

Ps : coff coff coff and I still need to max ProfX and Kingpin coff coff coff
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The worst part about his blue is that it would be best paired with...3* Cap.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If this is indeed Falcon-Cap, it seems strange to me to make a fusion of two 3* characters without including the core feature that gives them both their primary functionality- eliminating enemy countdown tiles. Buffing special tiles as a passive is nice, but I play Falcon for Redwing. Falcon and Cap together are my go-to for Survival nodes, but I don't see this character in that same role.

Pretty sure he's not meant to be. His yellow move converts *every* basic yellow into a protect tile. Every single one.

And then, after you've fired that off, at max level and 5 covers in red, every one of those protect tiles will boost the damage of his red move by 1109 damage on top of the nearly 8000 he already does. Not to mention you could pair him up with other characters that create a butt load of protect tiles for even more damage. Mystique and 2* Bullseye, perhaps? Blue matches increasing protect tile strength, fire off Mystique's blue to create purple tiles which then Bullseye makes protect tiles from?

Dude is going to be a freaking killer. Overpowered as all hell. I'll be amazed if he's released like this.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    If this is indeed Falcon-Cap, it seems strange to me to make a fusion of two 3* characters without including the core feature that gives them both their primary functionality- eliminating enemy countdown tiles. Buffing special tiles as a passive is nice, but I play Falcon for Redwing. Falcon and Cap together are my go-to for Survival nodes, but I don't see this character in that same role.

Pretty sure he's not meant to be. His yellow move converts *every* basic yellow into a protect tile. Every single one.

And then, after you've fired that off, at max level and 5 covers in red, every one of those protect tiles will boost the damage of his red move by 1109 damage on top of the nearly 8000 he already does. Not to mention you could pair him up with other characters that create a butt load of protect tiles for even more damage. Mystique and 2* Bullseye, perhaps? Blue matches increasing protect tile strength, fire off Mystique's blue to create purple tiles which then Bullseye makes protect tiles from?

Dude is going to be a freaking killer. Overpowered as all hell. I'll be amazed if he's released like this.

Except he can EASILY be countered with Loki. He isn't overpowered against a person. Maybe AI won't play him well, but a person can easily use Loki and render his yellow useless, and just get him killed in a couple of turns.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Looking at this character's abilities just make me feel bad for IW. She's supposed to be so good at protect tiles, but here we have someone who's better and can actually one-shot a character.
  • notamutant wrote:

Except he can EASILY be countered with Loki. He isn't overpowered against a person. Maybe AI won't play him well, but a person can easily use Loki and render his yellow useless, and just get him killed in a couple of turns.
    at this point everyone is easily countered by loki, first icon_thing.png ....
  • I'm assuming that he will count as 4* Cap America and not 4* Falcon. But this begs the question can we team up Falcon with Captain Amerifalcon? Or do u think they'll disqualify teaming both 3* Cap and Falcon with him?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming that he will count as 4* Cap America and not 4* Falcon. But this begs the question can we team up Falcon with Captain Amerifalcon? Or do u think they'll disqualify teaming both 3* Cap and Falcon with him?

I would assume that you won't be able to use Falcon, since they are the same person. It'll probably be Falcon 'Captain America' like Kamala Khan 'Ms Marvel.' You can still use KK with Ms Marvel. But it does get confusing since you cannot use 4hor and 3hor together even though they are different people. We'll see but I am positive that we'll see Falcon 'Captain America'
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    By logic if it's Sam Wilson, you should be able to use him with 3* Steve Rogers but not 2* Cap. The reason is the same reason why you can't pair 2*/3*/4* Thor - the shield (or Hammer in case of Thor).

2* Cap has the original adamantium/vibranium round shield from WWII. 3* has an "energy shield". 4* if Sam Wilson will have the original Shield. So in theory you should be able to pair this 4* with 3* Steve (again, assuming it's Sam Wilson/Cap). My hunch though is that Demiurge may consider this "confusing" and not allow it. But who knows what goes on in their minds (cause they so infrequently share what's on their minds).

This 4* actually has decent synergy with 3* Steve (even with the color overlap), so might be an interesting pairing if allowed. Of course it's academic to me cause I doubt I'll be able to get 10 covers on this 4* before the year 2022. icon_lol.gif

In any case you wouldn't be able to pair him with Falcon (same person).

Side note - you can read the pretty cool entry on Cap''s shield here: http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America's_Shield
  • There is no cap on the red ability?

Let's say he can be team up with falcon who creates 14 purple protect tiles and you use this ability.

14 * 1109 = 15526 + 7346 = 22872.

Let's just say that as a bonus, he was able to use his yellow and let's say he converted 8 basic yellow to protect tiles at the same time.

8 * 1109 = 8872 + 22872 = 31744. A little bit of an overkill.

HB has max damage, Carnage has max damage, Squirrel Girl, etc. This guy doesn't seem to have a limit.

Isn't that a bit OP? Not to mention all that protection.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except he obviously can't be partnered with Falcon any more than 4* Thor can team up with 3* Thor. Other than that, his best teammates would be people who (a) accelerate red; and (b) make protect tiles that aren't on yellow and don't require yellow AP. So, Hulkbuster.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:

True in the sense of fighting him, I suppose. But using him would mean you'd just target Loki and one-shot him with red as soon as you had it, then you're free to slap down your protection tiles as much as you'd like and no-one would hit you.

But yeah, on defense he might not be that smart. Depends if red follows yellow in the power activation order, I forget if it does.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J wrote:
    Didn't mean to say we were being lied to, just that it seems strange that the increase at max level seems to be rather large. And seeing as his red does an absurd amount of damage with a couple of protect tiles out maybe it was just a mistake... although even at just double stats his red would still do an insane amount of damage I guess. As for a 2*, there is also already a 2* Cap, and agree this sure doesn't look like a new 2*.

So I don't know, it just seems weird, and maybe it is just me getting a little bit bored with all these 4* releases icon_e_sad.gif

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe he was initially intended as a 3* but remade into a 4*? 3* increase in power from lvl. 70 to lvl. 166 is also about a factor of 2, roughly the same as a 4* increase from lvl. 70 to lvl. 270. So maybe his max level stats are correct and just the lowest lvl stats are off. All speculation, I'll stop now...
    3*s triple in power from base to max