*** Loki (Dark Reign) ***

Comments

• Vhailorx wrote:
    Its true that Loki can't do anything about a sufficiently large ai cascades. But that's true of every character in the game, and Loki does provide significant protection from smaller cascades and match-4s/match-5s.
    tricking the enemy into a match 4 on turn 1/2 nearly always results in good times
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Its true that Loki can't do anything about a sufficiently large ai cascades. But that's true of every character in the game, and Loki does provide significant protection from smaller cascades and match-4s/match-5s.

Cage can at least protect him a bit from the match damage.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I've always enjoyed Loki, but for some reason in the latest PVE with him and R&G boosted, I just flat out love this Trickster god. I've been using him so much that it's gotten to the point where I just laugh out loud when the AI gets a string of 4+ cascades, and when I'm not using him I get more annoyed with ANY AI 4 match.

"Where are my Mischief tokens? Did I not take Loki? WHO DOES THAT?!!"

My Go To team for the higher nodes have been Loki, Grocket, Torchand it has been magnificent. Grocket can take a beating and as long as there's a Yellow match when he's low, it's all good. Definitely conditional, but I've full healed him WAY more times than I've had a yellow starved board. And Loki just keeps the AP rolling in.

As much as I despise 7 day events, this team has made it really enjoyable, but to me Loki is the superstar here.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a great Loki moment today in the Psylocke pvp, with Patch as my third.
    Had built up black and green to unleash Berserker Rage followed by Trickery, only for the AI to get a match 4 on purple, allowing Loki's Mischief counters cover up the remaining purples, leaving me free to slap down BR then 2x Psi-Katana. The game ended shortly after.
    Loki, you are a legend.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Nice!

Yeah I also find myself setting up the AI for 4 matches, or at least not taking them myself knowing that the AI will. He just totally changes how I play the game when I use him.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too love loki! I managed to get some lucky green pulls for him right after mischief was released, so he was a staple of my transition. Such a great character!

My biggest problem with him is that he too squishy to use regularly without a defensive cover (cage, spidey, etc), someone tanking for him (which can be hard as few characters have purple and black in that order), or burning through healthpacks like crazy. That prevents me from trying him with other interesting character combinations.

Otherwise, he is awesome, and mischief is perhaps the best character redesign in the history of the game.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    icon_e_sad.gif

Theres never a doc oct love thread icon_e_sad.gif

But I do like Loki, that I cannot hide. That beautiful board shake, that huge impact, the ability to exploit the enemy team AI... Its all so good if you ignore the hp.
    If Ragnarok were good I'd probably put him, loki, and LazyThor on a team and rejoice.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2015
    icon_e_biggrin.gif Yeah trickery & mischief happiness!

[IMAGE DELETED BY MODERATOR]

Mod note: Please don't use images containing profanity on these forums. If it would be disallowed in the text of your post, it shouldn't be included in an image. -DayvBang
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Loki in the game is great because the character is a jerk and his powers in the game make him a jerk- oh you happy about all those special tiles you have? Excited about that match 4 you found? ....
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    In my opinion, he is the ONLY character that we have ever gotten that is a nod to "lulz, we no hour game cheats" or what have you. He is a get out of jail free card. I guess Jeanie is too, but ONLY for the elite, so.....not really.

As someone who gets consistently Match-5ed on, sometimes 3 and 4 times a row within ONE turn of the AI, Loki is truly a life saver.

"Thanks", Devs.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I have said in other places that Loki's need a sound effect of laughing when Mischief initially triggers. I mean if we can get She-Hulk screaming, why no love for Loki? It'll be the icing on the troll cake.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been running Grocket, Loki and Colossus as my go-to team in Brotherhood. It's fun taking them up against Moonstone. icon_e_smile.gif
    "Ah-HA! Control Shift! Your precious strike tile are now mine!"
    "Ah-HA! Trickery! Those strike tiles are now our protect tiles!"
    "Ah-HA! Control Shift! The protect tiles are mine!"
    "Ah-HA! Trickery! We're back where we began!"
    And so on...
  • I have said in other places that Loki's need a sound effect of laughing when Mischief initially triggers. I mean if we can get She-Hulk screaming, why no love for Loki? It'll be the icing on the troll cake.

Not bad, but i suggest a part of this song instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

Or the full song, just to really troll the game and player.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    I have said in other places that Loki's need a sound effect of laughing when Mischief initially triggers. I mean if we can get She-Hulk screaming, why no love for Loki? It'll be the icing on the troll cake.

Not bad, but i suggest a part of this song instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

Or the full song, just to really troll the game and player.
    If we're adding songs to the game, I demand Gamora gets one too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RAQXg0IdfI
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Loki has definitely turned into my guilty pleasure character. I had the two power Loki back in the day and ended up selling him. The 3 power Loki is here to stay! I love teaming him with Patch and using him against 2* Bullseye. LOVE IT. I find myself laughing whenever Bullseye's Adamantium Bones triggers, thinking all those tiles will soon be mine! Same goes for Daken. My ultimate wish would be him stealing CD's as well, but that might lead to him being OP. Either way, he's become one of my favorites!
  • rawfsu wrote:
    Loki has definitely turned into my guilty pleasure character. I had the two power Loki back in the day and ended up selling him. The 3 power Loki is here to stay! I love teaming him with Patch and using him against 2* Bullseye. LOVE IT. I find myself laughing whenever Bullseye's Adamantium Bones triggers, thinking all those tiles will soon be mine! Same goes for Daken. My ultimate wish would be him stealing CD's as well, but that might lead to him being OP. Either way, he's become one of my favorites!

Yeah, he's also fun against another Patch or Classic Mags icon_twisted.gif
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    He's the only fully covered (though very poorly) 3 * I have, so I use him all the time.

Also, I understand that he's already one of the best characters in the game but I still think he needs a very slight boost, for Illusions. I'm not saying it needs to be as powerful as doc ock's manipulation but there should at least be some incentive for wanting to go 5 covers instead of 3. Moving 32 tiles has absolutely no benefit over swapping 22. My suggestion is to just keep it at 22 tiles for 4 and 5 covers, but make it either do a small amount of damage for each tile moved or reverse a few (not all) strike, protect, and/or attack tiles that you end up switching. Obviously that would need to cost more, but it would at least give some reason to have 5 covers for illusions. Or maybe I'm just annoyed because I currently have 5 for illusions instead of mischief and have been stuck like that for a while...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mostly played Psylocke / Patch / Loki in Fresh Cut - Once I settled on them, I didn't bother playing anyone else in the event because it was just so much fun. There is also a very tactical element with it, particularly vs another Loki, which added a lot more thought to my normal "set priority colour and chase it" malarkey.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Attention, devs! Loki sucks balls, nothing to see here, not the droids you're looking for, move along!

Stop making these flashing neon "nerf my favorite toon" threads guys! icon_mad.gif