Classic Star-Lord

Options
slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
acvr.jpg
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
Classic Star-Lord

blueflag.png 9 AP Element Gun: Freeze Ray - Star-Lord puts a stop to the enemy's plans by freezing their assets! Freeze up to two enemy special tiles and creates a random strength 20 blue strike tile on the board.
2 Covers: Strength 50 blue strike tile created
3 Covers: Freezes up to three enemy special tiles and stuns a random enemy for 1 turn.
4 Covers: Strength 75 blue strike tile created
5 Covers: Stuns up to two random enemies for two turns and creates a strength 115 blue strike tile.

redflag.png 8 AP Element Gun: Fire - Star-Lord lights up the battle with a blast of fire! Turn a chosen basic tile into a 2-turn countdown tile which destroys a 3x3 block of tiles dealing damage for each tile destroyed, but does not gain AP from it.
2 Covers: Turns any chosen non-countdown tile into a 2-turn countdown tile.
3 Covers: You may now transform two tiles.
4 Covers: Now destroys a 3x4 block of tiles but now costs 9 AP to use.
5 Covers: Now destroys a 3x5 block of tiles but now costs 10 AP to use. You may also now select enemy special tiles into a 2-turn countdown tile.

yellowflag.png 7 AP Element Gun: Air - A harsh gust of wind pushes the enemy away, breaking their defenses. Destroys a random basic or enemy protect tile plus two frozen tiles dealing 275 damage for each tile destroyed.
2 Covers: Can now destroy up to three frozen tiles, dealing 350 damage for each tile destroyed.
3 Covers: Can now destroy up to four frozen tiles dealing 450 damage for each tile destroyed.
4 Covers: Now destroys two random basic or enemy protect, strike, or attack tiles, dealing 550 damage for each tile destroyed.
5 Covers: Now destroys three random basic or enemy protect, strike, or attack tiles, dealing 675 damage for each tile destroyed.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really not a bad moveset at all! Not much to tweak.

blueflag.png Since it doesn't do any direct damage, lower the Ap cost some, maybe to 9?
    redflag.png add ability to overwrite enemy tiles at 5 covers, since the AP cost is close to cap red.
    yellowflag.png to make for build diversity, should add other types of enemy tiles that can be destroyed at 4 and 5 covers.

Very nice, and great Cover selection!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great job!!! I could totally see him or a character like this added to the game exactly as you've concocted here, with or without Malcrof's good suggestions.

And, as much as I love that cover then & now (the entire Annihilation saga was my favorite Marvel event of the 2000s), technically a "Classic" Star-Lord would look a little more like this: icon_e_biggrin.gif
    2037968.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Great job!!! I could totally see him or a character like this added to the game exactly as you've concocted here, with or without Malcrof's good suggestions.

And, as much as I love that cover then & now (the entire Annihilation saga was my favorite Marvel event of the 2000s), technically a "Classic" Star-Lord would look a little more like this: icon_e_biggrin.gif
    2037968.jpg

MarvelSpot6A__50498.1418832933.386.513.jpg?c=2
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    His air gun needs to do more dmg, since it costs more than Daredevil's purple.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:

i thought that as well, until i realized it does double the damage.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

i thought that as well, until i realized it does double the damage.

Misread the cost. I thought it was 14, for some reason.
  • slantedandenchanted
    slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Made a few adjustments. Malcrof, you're actually kind of right with your suggestions. I appreciate em! (:
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Made a few adjustments. Malcrof, you're actually kind of right with your suggestions. I appreciate em! (:

Won't let me upvote you for some reason, but you now have a very solid spec!