SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPISE!!! Mojo.

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
3644031-mojo.jpg

You can't talk megalomaniacs without bringing up Mojo. He's crazy enough that he has his own universe in Marvel. If that doesn't sell you; make you think he's the real deal, then there's no pleasing you.

This one is a good cover. It's from Astonishing Tales #5 from 2009:

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/ ... ground.jpg

mojo-20051029041749752-1297797_320w.jpg

blueflag.png CUT!

blackflag.png Instant Replay

yellowflag.png Props and Effects

I haven't gotten into the abilities, really, but here are my thoughts. Cut stops enemy ability or timer tiles outright.

Instant Replay or / Ratings Driven could be a hyper inspiration ala Falcon, or maybe a take on Fastball Special, in that you deal additional damage, or even tack on free attack tiles from props and effects.

Props and Effects should be ability tile generators, on both sides of the field. It should be a bit Patch's Green and a bit Carnage's passive, in that both teams could benefit from it. MAYBE his "CUT" ability nullifies enemy ability tiles, all for the sake of ratings.

I'm not sold on colors, abilities, or even HPs. If he's a Loki Class HP character, than we can really dial up his abilities.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He should have a "mirror" type ability, a play on loki black, but cheaper and just creates friendly tiles without removing the enemy one. you have 1000 in strike tiles, now i have 1000 in shield.. type deal.

Instant replay, instead of strengthening tiles, could dupe them.. makes the name make quite a bit more sense!

Cut could be a hex bolt type thing, but with Big damage for enemy special tiles destroyed and no ap gain

thoughts?
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't know how exactly I can help you in terms of game balance like Malcrof, but at the very least, allow me to give you a nice nice description of each of the abilities Mojo has based on your ideas:

blueflag.png CUT!: Mojo is displeased by what he has seen in front of his eyes. He will deny all of his enemies any potential opportunities that can upstage and upset him as the executive producer. Shutdown every enemy-owned tiles by sealing X amount of them into Locked Tiles. (Max level has them all sealed up).

blackflag.png Instant Replay/Critical Acclaim: It is essential to have the most important highlights of the most critical development recorded in a show program. Mojo is powered by enthusiastic reception from his audience around the universe. Select one of your teammates and send him/her in an airborne state to drive up the hype of the drama. As the timer counts down, Friendly Tiles increase their strength by ???. When the timer is up, the selected teammate activates of the abilities at no cost, but takes ??? damage. (You can think about what happens when this reaches max level ;D )

yellowflag.png Props and Effects: Actors on both sides will need tools and theatrics to mesmerize the viewers across the galaxy. Mojo is at the very least generous enough to give his enemies equal opportunities to fight back with equipment only approved by the Spineless One. Generate 3 Strike tiles on both friendly and enemy's side. (Max level will be freely assign which colored tile will be friendly tiles and enemy tiles)

That's all I got for you, ronin! I hope my lore description makes Mojo interesting to read about him!
  • ronin_san
    Options
    What if we had an ability called GAG REEL that destroyed an enemy ability tile whenever Mojo matches his colors?
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    What if we had an ability called GAG REEL that destroyed an enemy ability tile whenever Mojo matches his colors?

To me, Gag Reel sounds like an ability triggered when Mojo is downed by the enemy. You know, like when a show program is over, there are ending credits that accommodates gag reels. Here, let me try describing my version of that to you:

purpleflag.pngGAG REEL: Mojo will still get the last laugh, even if it will cost him his life. When Mojo is downed, activate this ability to sabotage the enemy team. Destroy both friendly and enemy owned tiles to deal significant damage on whoever took down Mojo. (I'm thinking maybe between 750-1500 damage?)

Max Level: Steal enemy AP based on how many friendly/enemy owned tiles are destroyed.

That will get people to think twice before taking down Mojo icon_e_wink.gif
  • ronin_san
    Options
    How about a "final cut" or "script revision".

The cut could nix the lowest health player or deal damage to all but mojo.

The script revision could swap AP pools..