Help make the next Wolverine movie!

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in Off Topic
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33688933/hugh-jackman-asks-for-ideas-from-fans-for-his-final-outing-as-wolverine

It appears Hugh Jackman wants the fans to decide which plotline is his final Wolverine movie! check the article and let us know here what you want! (this is a just for fun discussion, but remember, major movie releases may get us new storylines and characters!!!!)

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the feel of Origins, but I hate the whole bone-claw piece, I grew up with Logan before they did that to him.
    I hated The Wolverine.

I'm waiting for a good Wolverine movie to come out.
  • Malcrof
    JVReal wrote:
    I like the feel of Origins, but I hate the whole bone-claw piece, I grew up with Logan before they did that to him.
    I hated The Wolverine.

I have a feeling that is why he is asking for fans favorite wolvie story arcs.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Old Man Logan seems pretty cool.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I know it's not going to happen, but I'd love to see Wolverine and the Hulk go at it on the big screen. Those are always great fights.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    I hated The Wolverine.

It's completely the other way around for me: the only X-movie worse than Origins is X3, and only barely... especially that abomination of an ending with Deadpool was really, really terrible.

The Wolverine at least felt closer in tone to the Wolverine in Japan comic arcs, even if the ending was very meh.

I'm not sure there's much left to explore in a Wolverine movie that doesn't require a ton of set-up. Old Man Logan, maybe, but with Fox unable to use Hulk that might not pack the same punch.
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I just read Old Man Logan the other day for the first time.

Genius storytelling.

Only problem is that Old Man Logan only works in a universe where all the Marvel characters coexist.

The Fox / Marvel Studios beef throws any chance for a quality OML adaptation right out the window.

I know Hugh Jackman teased OML as the new plotline, but why waste it? Wait until the X-Men and Fantastic 4 are back in the fold.
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I thought The Wolverine was actually well done up until Silver Samurai showed up.

It turned into Transformers after that.
  • I think they should try doing an original story, using Daken and X-23 as counterpoints, and run with some kind of family theme.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe some kind of Avenger-less, Elektra-less reworking of Enemy of State with some X-Men cameos? Leave the whole brainwashing and villainous antics for the first act of the movie only, and the rest of the movie about hi recovery, personal conflict, revenge and redemption. I also like the idea of Daken. Pretty sure that Fox owns the movie rights for that character and if they don't introduce him along with Wolvie, they may never get to use him.

Surprised he's quitting the character. While Wolvie movies haven't been great, he's an integral part of X-Men movies and I don't think those will stop happening any time soon. (though they may be trying to transition into the 80's-generation younger cast that supposedly will be introduced in Apocalypse.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    Maybe some kind of Avenger-less, Elektra-less reworking of Enemy of State with some X-Men cameos? Leave the whole brainwashing and villainous antics for the first act of the movie only, and the rest of the movie about hi recovery, personal conflict, revenge and redemption. I also like the idea of Daken. Pretty sure that Fox owns the movie rights for that character and if they don't introduce him along with Wolvie, they may never get to use him.

Surprised he's quitting the character. While Wolvie movies haven't been great, he's an integral part of X-Men movies and I don't think those will stop happening any time soon. (though they may be trying to transition into the 80's-generation younger cast that supposedly will be introduced in Apocalypse.

I don't think any actor has ever played a single character over more movies. TV is obviously a whole different creature, but he's really not only done something unheard of in super hero movies, but movies in general, and he may just be getting weary of it, or want to try and "Go out on top".

Edit: A quick google proved me wrong. I completely forgot about the Harry Potter kids, and Nimoy as Spock. There's also some older stuff I just don't even recognize.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Next Wolverine movie will be about 3 Wolverines, wearing a yellow suit, a tuxedo and a black suit, teaming up to fight bad guys by matching coloured gems.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Jackman is great as Logan, but i really hope they'd make a good movie for him once.
  • Malcrof
    Next Wolverine movie will be about 3 Wolverines, wearing a yellow suit, a tuxedo and a black suit, teaming up to fight bad guys by matching coloured gems.

Oddly enough, i think a Patch storyline would be fun to watch!
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

Oddly enough, i think a Patch storyline would be fun to watch!

Me too, the best storylines for wolverine i remember first are all teamups...Shadowcat/Wolverine fighting Ogun, Patch and Mr Fixit Hulk, Wolverine and Spiderman...