SENTINEL: REPROGRAMMED AND REBOOTED

Options
GundamY
GundamY Posts: 182
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
If any of you guys are fans of stories involving a boy and his robot (like Iron Giant or Big Hero 6), this should be a decent treat for all of you true believers!

Enter Juston Seyfert, a boy who found a semi-operational Sentinel Mark VI in the Seyfert Salvage Junkyard. With a little tinkering and repairing, Juston got himself a benevolent robot buddy who used to be designed as only a mutant hunter. Although Seyfert's Sentinel occasionally glitches back into its prime directive of mutant destruction, Seyfert's protection is guaranteed thanks to the modifications done to this model. My previous post on how Drax The Destroyer should look like in the MPQ game has gotten quite the reception, so let's give some of the underdogs a spotlight as well (that's assuming if you never played Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and 3).

Sentinel (Juston Seyfert's) star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Sentinel_Vol_2_1.jpg

purpleflag.pngPrime Directives (Passive): Despite the fact that Seyfert can't remove the "Destroy All Mutants" order, he still manages to work around the original directive by adding new directives that contradicts within the first programming. Sentinel's Anti-Mutant Weaponry changes according to its HP:
    If its HP is above 50%, Sentinel's uses "Learning Program".
    If its HP is between 30 - 50%, Sentinel uses "Disintegrator"
    If its HP is below 30%, Sentinel uses "Self-Repair"

Max Level: Sentinel gains upgrades that made itself more combat efficient and formidable by cutting the cost of activating Anti-Mutant Weaponry by half. (See further details below Anti-Mutant Weaponry)

blueflag.pngSearching Lights (Passive): Nothing can hide from the Sentinel's vigilant detection system, especially if the target is a mutant. Sentinel passively disarms 1 Trap Tile during the enemy's turn.

Max Level: Sentinel springs the Trap Tiles against the enemies by having them backfire on themselves. For every Trap Tile being disarmed by Sentinel, deal 1000 damage to the target enemy.

blackflag.pngAnti-Mutant Weaponry: Juston's Sentinel still holds the arsenal capable of exterminating mutants and shielding itself from their retaliation. Depending on the enemy's threat level, Sentinel adapts accordingly to its Prime Directives:
    "Learning Program": Sentinel analyzes enemy attacks and halves all the damage for his teammates by allocating the sum of all the damage to itself, whether it is singular or AoE.
    "Disintegrator": Sentinel's weapon capacity is dependent on how many AP charges he holds: -If Sentinel holds at least 10 Green AP, it uses plasma blasts to the enemy team with an AoE damage of 750. -If Sentinel holds at least 10 Red AP, it fires off a singular heat blast to the targeted enemy with 2000 damage. -If Sentinel holds at least 10 Yellow AP, it charges up an electron blast that will reload itself with a Countdown Tile. Once the timer is up, 3 Charged Tiles of random color shows up on the board.
    "Self-Repair": Sentinel fixes itself by recovering its HP by 2500. If you have all 30 Blue AP, spend it all to fully restore Sentinel's health.

Max Level: Upgrades on the Sentinel goes as followed:
-"Learning Program" reduces up to 75% of all damage dealt by the enemy team.
-"Disintegrator" requires only 5 AP of its respective colors to activate its weaponry.
-"Self-Repair" only uses 15 Blue AP to fully repair itself.

Oh my goodness, all these conditions that computers have to follow boggles my brain! So if we were to get a sense of how sentinel plays out, he's got Vision's power changing movesets, Nick Fury's yellow ability "Avengers Assemble", and Hulkbuster's AP spending craze etc. If you guys want, feel free to give me more ideas of how this particular Sentinel can be played on the field.

Comments

• Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Options
    I would love this! That was such a cool series. That cover is also one of my fave comic covers ever. My only issue is with search lights triggering so much damage passively. It would make Doom unusable even dangerous to use since he spams traps passively. Granted few use Doom these days but I'd hate to have him completely neutered. Maybe if you change damage to 250 but also let it target all special tiles including countdown tiles. I really like the rest good job!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You could lend him a mixture of SW's green and blue abilities, in that his passive can scan a given area if he has 5 of the requisite AP. And fully covered, it would destroy and deal damage for every enemy special tile destroyed. It would look like this:

Sentinel scans for possible threats and neutralizes them. place a 3 turn timer tile in play. If you have 5 purpletile.png AP, decrease the timer by 1. Sentinel scans a 3x3 block. Any enemy strike tiles are destroyed, dealing 125 / 400 at max level, per tile destroyed.

Rank 2 also include protect tiles
    Rank 3 also include defense tiles
    Rank 4 include attack and trap tiles
    Rank 5 appropriate ability tiles destroyed / OR / decrease to one turn if requisite AP is met.

Or, you could even give it a reactionary passive that procs a free protect tile whenever an enemy ability if fired. Every time. Call it Defensive Subroutine, or something.

That said, the ideas you have rock. And I would love to use is Sentinel.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    How about Sentinel gains ap whenever the enemy matches a 5 of a kind or even generates a protect tile of strength 250 every time the enemy fires an ability.

Frankly, if we go the defensive route, sentinel should get an elektra-like trap defense tile. Not tiles. Tile. Sentinel is not noble; would not jump in front of a bomb to defend its peers.
  • GundamY
    Options
    As reviewed by your inputs, I decided to revise the "Searching Lights" passive and remake it into "Defensive Subroutine" like ronin suggested.

purpleflag.pngPrime Directives (Passive): Despite the fact that Seyfert can't remove the "Destroy All Mutants" order, he still manages to work around the original directive by adding new directives that contradicts within the first programming. Sentinel's Anti-Mutant Weaponry changes according to its HP:
      If its HP is above 50%, Sentinel's uses "Learning Program".
      If its HP is between 30 - 50%, Sentinel uses "Disintegrator"
      If its HP is below 30%, Sentinel uses "Self-Repair"

Max Level: Sentinel gains upgrades that made itself more combat efficient and formidable by cutting the cost of activating Anti-Mutant Weaponry by half. (See further details below Anti-Mutant Weaponry)

blueflag.pngDefensive Subroutine (Passive): [Sentinel scans for possible threats and neutralizes them. Place a 3-turn Countdown Tile. If you have at least 5 Purple AP, decrease the timer by 1. Sentinel randomly scans in a 3x3 block. Any enemy Strike Tiles that are scanned gets destroyed, dealing 250 damage each.]

Max Level: [All enemy-owned tiles (including Web Tiles or Locked Tiles) are destroyed by Sentinel. Deal 500 damage each.]

blackflag.pngAnti-Mutant Weaponry: Juston's Sentinel still holds the arsenal capable of exterminating mutants and shielding itself from their retaliation. Depending on the enemy's threat level, Sentinel adapts accordingly to its Prime Directives:
      ["Learning Program": No matter how many attempts to destroy Sentinel, it can always teach itself how to keep fighting, especially if the target is a mutant. Place a defensive trap tile on the board, and every time the enemy fires off an ability, Sentinel generates a protect tile with 250 strength.]
        "Disintegrator": Sentinel's weapon capacity is dependent on how many AP charges he holds: -If Sentinel holds at least 10 Green AP, it uses plasma blasts to the enemy team with an AoE damage of 750. -If Sentinel holds at least 10 Red AP, it fires off a singular heat blast to the targeted enemy with 2000 damage. -If Sentinel holds at least 10 Yellow AP, it charges up an electron blast that will reload itself with a Countdown Tile. Once the timer is up, 3 Charged Tiles of random color shows up on the board.
        "Self-Repair": Sentinel fixes itself by recovering its HP by 2500. If you have all 30 Blue AP, spend it all to fully restore Sentinel's health.

Max Level: Upgrades on the Sentinel goes as followed:
      -["Learning Program" gains AP whenever the enemy team matches 5 or more tiles as long as there are at least 1 Sentinel's Trap Tile remaining.]
      -"Disintegrator" requires only 5 AP of its respective colors to activate its weaponry.
      -"Self-Repair" only uses 15 Blue AP to fully repair itself.

I made the revisions larger and in brackets, so you guys know what has changed from the original.
    • ronin_san
      Options
      Malcrof is going to dig this. I bet Erikpeter will appreciate it, too.

So is it a 3* or 4* character? That determines the HP. I'm of the opinion you make them ~8850 HPs, but with really reactive abilities. Sentinels are not hard to kill outright. if one was standing still, it'd go down, no biggy. Its reactive technology, certainly shown off in Days of Future Past (comics, not the oddball movie), show that they're a bit borg-like.

Adaptive. Instinctive. Mutant hunting. That's what drives me, when I spitball Sentinel. If they're a 4*, then they get 14500 HPs, and are monsters to kill. Their abilities really keep them afloat.
    • Malcrof
      Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Going to chime in on this one, it was a fun series!

purpleflag.png If this is a 3*, 250 is way too strong for a free protect.png every time an ability is used, 3 or 4 go off, and even 3Thor gets neutered against him. Should probably add a downside when the trap tile is matched, like it destroys 1/2 of the protect.png dealing self damage?

blueflag.png I actually think this should be an active. Maybe an Iron Hammer type deal. This way you can increase the number of tiles destroyed, and deal X additional damage for enemy tiles destroyed, effective counter against Thing, IMHB, Jean Grey, PX, Carnage etc.... anyone who spams tiles.

blackflag.png What would be the AP cost of the ability itself? This is sort of an Avengers Assemble type skill, with the extras on disintegrate costing twice the AP, BUT, with most of the people you would pair him with, you need to save 10+ to use their skills anyway.. so not far fetched.. he would be the king of TBE lol, or any wave based node. Depending on the AP cost of the ability, may need to lower it to avengers assemble type 5 of each AP, also depends on 3* or 4*.

Self-Repair sounds like a true heal, disintegrate does what it say. but Learning program should be unique, not just lesser versions of the other 2. Since it is a passive, why not give it a speed-shot/maggia pawn type ability. On Match 4, places X CD tiles, each do something different, one could be an IM recharge without the stun, one could steal AP, one places a strike tile, etc...

thoughts?
    • GundamY
      Options
      Malcrof wrote:
      Going to chime in on this one, it was a fun series!

purpleflag.png If this is a 3*, 250 is way too strong for a free protect.png every time an ability is used, 3 or 4 go off, and even 3Thor gets neutered against him. Should probably add a downside when the trap tile is matched, like it destroys 1/2 of the protect.png dealing self damage?

blueflag.png I actually think this should be an active. Maybe an Iron Hammer type deal. This way you can increase the number of tiles destroyed, and deal X additional damage for enemy tiles destroyed, effective counter against Thing, IMHB, Jean Grey, PX, Carnage etc.... anyone who spams tiles.

blackflag.png What would be the AP cost of the ability itself? This is sort of an Avengers Assemble type skill, with the extras on disintegrate costing twice the AP, BUT, with most of the people you would pair him with, you need to save 10+ to use their skills anyway.. so not far fetched.. he would be the king of TBE lol, or any wave based node. Depending on the AP cost of the ability, may need to lower it to avengers assemble type 5 of each AP, also depends on 3* or 4*.

Self-Repair sounds like a true heal, disintegrate does what it say. but Learning program should be unique, not just lesser versions of the other 2. Since it is a passive, why not give it a speed-shot/maggia pawn type ability. On Match 4, places X CD tiles, each do something different, one could be an IM recharge without the stun, one could steal AP, one places a strike tile, etc...

thoughts?

You know, I'm going to incorporate your ideas into another type of Sentinel! What kind, you may ask? Just take a good look for yourself!

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31705#p390081