• uuddlrlr wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    39 45 9 50 11 10 3.0x crit 3 env

Onslaught - 207 per green AP
    Rampage - 757, or 1513
    Sunder - 2003 to enemy, 890 to self. 2 turn CD is 668 to enemy, 723 heal

Cool, is this for lvl5 for each skill?
    What about his max HP?

Those are the stats for 4/4/5, the damage doesn't change at level 5 green or red. He has 5340 health at max.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi, I'm Ares, you are kicking my butt, but I'm going to Sunder you even though it means I am going to die, you've already killed my other 2 members but I'm going to Sunder you for the sheer purpose of being an as*hole
  • I remember this feeling back in the Heroic Juggernaut missions.
  • They are also stupid enough to attack you one at a time and in groups no larger than three. Many of them wander the streets while wearing pastel underwear outside of their grownup pants. Lower your expectations from these brain trusts.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    At least that makes more sense then seeing Daken kill himself with a thorned rose, even though he's the last guy standing and can't use any of the AP.
  • mouser wrote:
    At least that makes more sense then seeing Daken kill himself with a thorned rose, even though he's the last guy standing and can't use any of the AP.

Hahaha. Not sure why, but this was really funny to me.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    You come into his place, off his two best mates and with his dying efforts he tries to scratch you so the police have DNA evidence to link you to the massacre and he's the bad guy?
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Ares seems to have a small bug. When the AI ares killed himself with this yellow power, the countdown tile remained and caused actual damage after the two rounds...or is that working as intended?
  • Ares seems to have a small bug. When the AI ares killed himself with this yellow power, the countdown tile remained and caused actual damage after the two rounds...or is that working as intended?
    Yup, that's very common bug.
  • Hey guys icon_e_smile.gif

I've made a mistake and my Ares is 5/3/5.
    I would like to know what is the advantage of having 5 in green. For me, the cost being reduced from 6 to 5 doesnt seem useful at all, it still takes two matches. Does it do more damage? Once you did two matches, you will have 6 green. The skill says it does 104 damage for each green used, so both rank 4 and rank 5 would do 624 damage with 6 green. Am i missing something?
  • Hey guys icon_e_smile.gif

I would like to know what is the advantage of having 5 in green. For me, the cost being reduced from 6 to 5 doesnt seem useful at all, it still takes two matches. Does it do more damage? Once you did two matches, you will have 6 green. The skill says it does 104 damage for each green used, so both rank 4 and rank 5 would do 624 damage with 6 green. Am i missing something?

You're not missing anything; that's why a 5th point in green is not advisable. The 5th point in red also doesn't add any damage, so most people go 4/4/5.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Celerity wrote:
    Hey guys icon_e_smile.gif

You're not missing anything; that's why a 5th point in green is not advisable. The 5th point in red also doesn't add any damage, so most people go 4/4/5.

The 5th point in Red doesn't add damage, but it does allow you to do more damage sooner

Rampage (Red) - 10AP
    Brutal combat drives Ares into a reckless frenzy. Swinging his axe in huge violent arcs, he cleaves the enemy Team for 50 damage, or 100 if he is below 20% of
    his max health.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: 68 Damage or 136 if Ares is below 20% of his max health.
    Level 3: 135 damage if Ares is below 25% of max health.
    Level 4: 85 damage or 170 if Ares is below 25% of max health.
    Level 5: 170 damage if Ares is below 30% of max health.

While the window isn't huge, only 267, there is an advantage in going 5 red, again, not much, but as everyone agrees you must go 5 in yellow, you could argue (not very well) that 3/5/5 is viable, although the only time I think 3/5/5 is superior to 4/4/5 is if Ares is buffed, say you double him, that 267 window is more like a 1200 window, but as for the 5/3/5 guy, hold tight, respec is coming, but no 5 in Green sucks, it's because you want as much green as possible before you go off, you can make the arguement that you can turn it into a spam spell, but the diff between 5 and 6 ap is nothing, if it was 6-7 AP, then you have a decent arugement, but without a doubt 4/4/5 is the most optimal Ares build hands down no questions
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    I am not sure if anyone has brought this up before but it appears his sunder skill isn't working quite right. If he uses it and it kills him the countdown timer stays on the board. I assume it should disappear as it does in all other cases when you kill him or anyone else with a countdown time on the field.
  • There's a thread for this in the Bugs forum; it's a known problem. I've had it help (actually win a match for me) and hurt me.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Does the countdown tile hurt another member of the enemy team? I think i disabled it when it happened to me.
  • Does the countdown tile hurt another member of the enemy team? I think i disabled it when it happened to me.

It can still injure the other team when it goes off; that's how it won me a match.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Ares is 4/4/4 and I have extra green and red covers from the Defenders event.

Should I make 5/4/4 or 4/5/4 while waiting for the final yellow for a 4/4/5, or just sell those 2 covers for 500 ISO and leave it at 4/4/4?
  • kensterr wrote:
    My Ares is 4/4/4 and I have extra green and red covers from the Defenders event.

Should I make 5/4/4 or 4/5/4 while waiting for the final yellow for a 4/4/5, or just sell those 2 covers for 500 ISO and leave it at 4/4/4?

Wait for the yellow
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK thanks!