Frequently Asked Gameplay Questions

Comments

• eris-wtga wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    Losing, deliberately or otherwise, is the only known method of reducing the level of opponents you'll see in PvP events. And there's a limit to how effective that is too - after a certain point threshold (500 I think at the moment but it varies) you'll start seeing a much wider variety of levels. And they'll see you too.

OK, so if I lose a bunch of matches in the first day or so of a PvP then build up my score to (hopefully get a cover), will the higher score negate the loses or is it bases on win/loss ratio?

I'm not sure but I believe it is based more on a win/loss ratio than your average PVP score. Building up your score will of course mean you win a lot of matches and negate some of the effect but losing a lot of matches at the start will help to not increase your MMR (that is used to search for your PVP opponents) as much as it otherwise would.

• I'm not sure but I believe it is based more on a win/loss ratio than your average PVP score. Building up your score will of course mean you win a lot of matches and negate some of the effect but losing a lot of matches at the start will help to not increase your MMR (that is used to search for your PVP opponents) as much as it otherwise would.

well so far it seems to be working...and damn it, all i wanted was a mindless game to play while watching tv lol
  • Does anyone know why the developers decided to make so many characters Green Yellow Red?
  • Is there any way to know how much damage a second or third match will do? (Because obviously you lose some of the damage, but I can't seem to figure out how much it is).
  • As a new(ish) player, I recently saved up over 10 individual heroic tokens and more recently 10 individual Brotherhood Tokens in hopes of using them for a 10x pack for the better drop %'s. However, since attaining the covers, it's not allowing me to spend them on 10x packs, only individually. Working as intended or glitch?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    WETN00DLE wrote:
    As a new(ish) player, I recently saved up over 10 individual heroic tokens and more recently 10 individual Brotherhood Tokens in hopes of using them for a 10x pack for the better drop %'s. However, since attaining the covers, it's not allowing me to spend them on 10x packs, only individually. Working as intended or glitch?
    There's no way to combine individual tokens into a ten-pack. Ten-packs are only available as purchased items or very rare rewards (such as high season placement).
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Last characters you won a match with. Any changes you make to a character (levels and covers) will not show up on your defensive team until you win a match with them like that.

Is this event-specific? For example, in a PvP, I use MNMags and CStorm along with the featured character and win. Then I go to a PvE and defeat one of the lower leveled nodes with MStorm, Juggs, and IM35 in the center - is my "defense" team in the PvP MnMags/CStorm or MStorm/Juggs?
  • dswan3rd wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Last characters you won a match with. Any changes you make to a character (levels and covers) will not show up on your defensive team until you win a match with them like that.

Is this event-specific? For example, in a PvP, I use MNMags and CStorm along with the featured character and win. Then I go to a PvE and defeat one of the lower leveled nodes with MStorm, Juggs, and IM35 in the center - is my "defense" team in the PvP MnMags/CStorm or MStorm/Juggs?

Your team composition in one event only affects that one event and has no effect on any other event. Nothing on PVE affects your defensive team in PVP in any way, shape, or form.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    I'm pretty sure Facebook users can sync the mobile MPQ app with their account and maintain progress on multiple devices - is the same true for the Google+ login option on Android devices? In other words, if/when I get a new Android phone soon, will I be able to move everything over without rooting the new phone to copy data?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or clarification...
  • The next essential character, i am guessing is going to be mystique since she is the reward.

is there anymore of a heads up we get?
    I sold mohawk storm then she ended up being the essential character last time around and was bummed.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    nnypirate wrote:
    The next essential character, i am guessing is going to be mystique since she is the reward.

is there anymore of a heads up we get?
    I sold mohawk storm then she ended up being the essential character last time around and was bummed.

Nothing typically more than rewards for the prior event tend to indicate what upcoming event will feature any particular character.

Though for as hard as they are to get your hands on, I don't think it's a wise idea to sell ANY 3* or 4* characters you can get your hands on. Don't waste Iso on them of course, but it's only a matter of time before any character you sell is required again. Typically 3 characters are going to be powered up, and only one of those 3 will be a reward from the prior event.
  • I haven't seen any posts in this forum for a while, but hopefully someone will notice mine. icon_e_smile.gif

My question is how your competition (other players, not the enemy levels you're battling) is determined in PvE. My wife has been playing for about a month longer than I have, but for some reason even if we both choose the same slice for PvE events I always seem to get better ranks with *less* overall points earned. I thought it might be because she had more power than me since she started earlier, but this has been going on for long enough that I now have a bigger, and more powerful roster than she does but I still seem to face off against lower-tier players for rewards. Any idea why this is, or how I can get her out of whatever lousy section she's in?

Thanks
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Magisse wrote:
    I haven't seen any posts in this forum for a while, but hopefully someone will notice mine. icon_e_smile.gif

My question is how your competition (other players, not the enemy levels you're battling) is determined in PvE. My wife has been playing for about a month longer than I have, but for some reason even if we both choose the same slice for PvE events I always seem to get better ranks with *less* overall points earned. I thought it might be because she had more power than me since she started earlier, but this has been going on for long enough that I now have a bigger, and more powerful roster than she does but I still seem to face off against lower-tier players for rewards. Any idea why this is, or how I can get her out of whatever lousy section she's in?

Thanks
    For each time slice there is a 'veteran' bracket and a 'beginner' bracket opened simultaneously. Obviously less points are needed to rank well in beginner bracket than in veteran one. However, how does the game decide to put you in one or another bracket is still a bit mysterious. It's definitely based at least partially on how well you scored in previous PvE events.

So if she's in the veteran bracket and you in the beginner bracket it may be difficult to get her out (except if she quit playing for a while) whereas you may join her soon in her bracket if you keep scoring consistently in PvE! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Thanks for the response! Well, I'll just try to keep winning ha!
  • Is it possible to assigned a specific team to represent me in pvp events when I am challenged?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it possible to assigned a specific team to represent me in pvp events when I am challenged?

Kind of. Anyone who you fight will receive the team you beat them with as your assigned team. At any point after a match if anyone queues you up, your most recent team will be your assigned team.

If you want your opponents to only face your Thor, Black Widow, Featured team; you must ONLY use that team.

Not the answer you wanted to hear I'm sure. If you have a weak defensive team, but like using them for offensive battles; my best recommendation is to swap to your defensive team every time you are going to take a break. Shielding can help as well for those retaliations.
  • Hey guys, I hope I'm in the right thread... I want to ask what "full points in: 17h" means? Do I have to replay that mission to earn more and more points and I have 17 hours for that or what? I really don't get it. icon_redface.gif
  • How does the computer choose which spell to use? I just earned my first yellow 4 Thor but I like to pair her with Luke cage and he has a yellow with 4 ranks into it. Will the computer choose Thors ability since it is 12 yellow while cages is 13, or will it wait to fire cages because it is stronger.

Thanks
  • DrNitroman
    izebize wrote:
    Hey guys, I hope I'm in the right thread... I want to ask what "full points in: 17h" means? Do I have to replay that mission to earn more and more points and I have 17 hours for that or what? I really don't get it. icon_redface.gif
    Each time you play a mission, the points given will decrease. If you beat the same mission 6 times (iirc) in a row, then it will only reward 1 point.

After the initial decrease the stack of point refills with time. It takes 8h to fully refill after you beat it once (16h if you beat it twice in a row etc...). In your case, you will have to wait 17h before the mission reward the maximum amount of point possible.
  • DrNitroman
    barrok wrote:
    How does the computer choose which spell to use? I just earned my first yellow 4 Thor but I like to pair her with Luke cage and he has a yellow with 4 ranks into it. Will the computer choose Thors ability since it is 12 yellow while cages is 13, or will it wait to fire cages because it is stronger.

Thanks
    If the AI has enough AP for two powers (of the same color) it will always choose the more expensive. But if the AI has enough AP for a power and not enough for another then it's random: the AI can either fire the cheap power or save the AP for the next turn. Below I quote over_clocked who nicely explained this recently in another thread.
    Each turn, the AI makes a roll on whether to use a skill it has AP for, or not. If it has enough AP for a skill that costs 7 AP (Caltrops) and one that costs 10 AP (Debilitating Slash), it will always use the more expensive skill unless it rolls to continue saving up for an even more expensive skill (like Adamantium Slash for 12 AP).
    In summary, with 13 yellowtile.png the AI will always use Cage's power while with exactly 12 yellowtile.png there is a chance that it will use Thor's one.