*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• My guess is spidey WILL get a makeover and after the Rag changes that the devs will approach any future changes with a post first then the change. He's fun...perma stun and its the only real good strategy in fighting 240+ enemies but with the 5 power cost minimum...Spidey's blue will probably get a change soon.
  • Firstly, it'd be great if he wasn't changed. But from what I've heard, you're trying to move away fromskills that cost less than 5 ap. So, I have acouple of suggestions to replace spiderman's blue. At max level, it could cost 5 and stun the entire enemy team for 1 turn plus the number of web tiles on the board and add one yellow tile. This would still work relatively well with his other skills, but his purple might need to be tweaked to get max protect value at 3 or 4. You'd also probably see people healing less, which induces more health pack use.

A second suggestion is very similar. Same move, but costs 8-10. And instead it places two web tiles. So for 8-10, you stun the enemy team for a turn, on second use it stuns them for three turns.

This is my two cents. It'll definitely make spiderman worse, but I think he's still playable in this form.
  • The problem with Spiderman is that he can reliably stunlock most of the opposing team for the whole fight. You suggestion really makes this worse. 5 AP for a 5 turn group stun (given enough web tiles), plus yellow tile generation? Wouldn't it be easier to just show the victory screen right away? Saves the boring part of having to match tiles while the opponent is permanently out of action.
  • My spiderman has just got blue down to 4ap (haven't used it yet ) but when I have used him with 5 blue ap cost I have still found him quite over powred, I think all of his skills are overpowred. Yellow should heal less, blue should cost 4 or more and purple shouldn't be so strong. That is based on my level 50 spiderman 1/3/5.
  • He should do what he does now for about 4AP. If you make him stun the whole team that should cost considerable more -- 7 at least, possibly 8 or 9.

A more realistic plan would work like BW: stun 1 guy for multiple turns and the rest of team for 1. I'd suggest you work out tuned detalils on those lines. Maybe that is okay for 5AP and the web tech.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    He should do what he does now for about 4AP. If you make him stun the whole team that should cost considerable more -- 7 at least, possibly 8 or 9.

A more realistic plan would work like BW: stun 1 guy for multiple turns and the rest of team for 1. I'd suggest you work out tuned detalils on those lines. Maybe that is okay for 5AP and the web tech.

If you stun the whole team it would have to be at least 4 web tiles on the board. Also mabey his blue cost 4 but doesn't stun unless there is at least 1 web tile.
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    The problem with Spiderman is that he can reliably stunlock most of the opposing team for the whole fight. You suggestion really makes this worse. 5 AP for a 5 turn group stun (given enough web tiles), plus yellow tile generation? Wouldn't it be easier to just show the victory screen right away? Saves the boring part of having to match tiles while the opponent is permanently out of action.

Right now spiderman still stuns the whole team for 6ap and it stuns for 1,2 and 3 turns. The reason he is over powered is because he can pick who he wants to stun because of the cheap cost. Which means once you get down to 2 enemies it's cheaper to stun the team. And once you are down to one, it's cheaper still. My suggestion gives you an advantage early on, but weakens as the match goes on. It will still cost you 5 blue to stun, regardless of how many opponents there are, and the move will not be easily spamable.

Allowing his regular blue move for 3 or 4 doesn't fit with what the dev's want (5 ap) and make it a worse stun than venom and modern black widow. He needs to be better than those two one star characters.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    Allowing his regular blue move for 3 or 4 doesn't fit with what the dev's want (5 ap) and make it a worse stun than venom and modern black widow. He needs to be better than those two one star characters.
    He already has the best heal and the best protect, he doesn't also need the best stun. Make his blue lock tiles like bag man, just for a little less cost, and he's still a very good defensive char. As much as I'd rather have his stun, from balance perspective there's no denying he's way overpowered. If the developers know their job there will be a nerf that will bring tears to most player's eyes. Spidey alone can keep about any team in check, even a level 1000 one. No single char should be able to do that.
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    He already has the best heal and the best protect, he doesn't also need the best stun. Make his blue lock tiles like bag man, just for a little less cost, and he's still a very good defensive char. As much as I'd rather have his stun, from balance perspective there's no denying he's way overpowered. If the developers know their job there will be a nerf that will bring tears to most player's eyes. Spidey alone can keep about any team in check, even a level 1000 one. No single char should be able to do that.

Really, how about switching the blue ability between him and bagman icon_e_wink.gif
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:

True, he doesn't need the best stun, but it should be better than 1*'s stun because he's a 3*. His healing ability could be reduced, but doesn't need to be with my proposed mod. I don't understand how you expect to always have 5 blue ap to stun lock? Sure it's possible that the board will allow you blue matches, but getting the chain going is gunna be much more difficult than it is now. You'd need 10 ap to stun lock the enemy team for 3 turns. Right now, with 10 ap, you can stun the enemy team for 3 turns and get and extra turn or two on the other two enemy characters. Doing so also fills the board with web tiles. Allowing you a great healing/ protect method.

With my mod, you only lock the enemy for 3 turns and get two web tiles. Meaning your protect's aren't valuable and your healing potential is substantially less.

Not to sound rude, but I get the feeling you haven't played that much with a high lvl spidey and perhaps don't fully grasp how his moves rely on web tiles. By hurting his ability to put tiles on the board, it hurts all his moves and severly weakens him. Also, an earlier comment you made about tile creation suggests you mistook my meaning about placing yellow web tiles. His web placement would remain the same as it is now. It doesn't create a new tile, it overwrites a basic yellow tile already on the board. If there are no yellow tiles, it doesn't place a web tile.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    Not to sound rude, but I get the feeling you haven't played that much with a high lvl spidey and perhaps don't fully grasp how his moves rely on web tiles. By hurting his ability to put tiles on the board, it hurts all his moves and severly weakens him.
    Nah, still working hard on getting some decent *** recruited. I don't have a high level Spidey yet, he's currently at 2 blue, each stun costs 5 AP. Starting fully boosted and delaying stuns until things are close to getting out of hand, I can pretty reliably keep one opponent stunned for the remainder of the fight. If that stun were to hit the whole opposing team the fight would be over at that point, collecting 5 blue AP every five turns is almost guaranteed to succeed.
  • I don't really understand the complaints about Spidey. He's just a character that allows for a 'safer, slower' way of playing. He's not really a menace in PVP because he's kind of squishy and he's too slow to say he gives one user an advantage in racking up tournament points versus other players.

He's not laying huge damage on the other team (like Wolvy) and he's not churning/dominating the board causing massive cascades like Ragnorak was. Allowing users to gain victories in less than a minute.

Even though his blue is a low AP power, it's not overpowered for what it does. It only stuns a single character for one round. Then each successive stun adds a round to that total if you leave the webbed tiles laying around. Pretty easy to work around if you pay attention.

If they 'over nerf' Spidey, everyone is going to gravitate towards OBW and then everyone will complain about her next.
  • My suggestion is, to make things simple, either:
    A) Make his blue skill costs 3 AP (at max lvl), which would still make him very good, and playable, but not OP.
    B) Make his blue skill costs 4 AP and make the web tile be targetable (to basic tiles only), so that it wont be so easily destroyed, ruining its synergies.

Not that I've invented the wheel with that, but:
    1 - costing 2 AP is just OP
    2 - costing 5 AP (or more) is over nerfing since all of his other skills are based on his blue skill.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I don't really understand the complaints about Spidey. He's just a character that allows for a 'safer, slower' way of playing. He's not really a menace in PVP because he's kind of squishy and he's too slow to say he gives one user an advantage in racking up tournament points versus other players.

He's not laying huge damage on the other team (like Wolvy) and he's not churning/dominating the board causing massive cascades like Ragnorak was. Allowing users to gain victories in less than a minute.

Even though his blue is a low AP power, it's not overpowered for what it does. It only stuns a single character for one round. Then each successive stun adds a round to that total if you leave the webbed tiles laying around. Pretty easy to work around if you pay attention.

If they 'over nerf' Spidey, everyone is going to gravitate towards OBW and then everyone will complain about her next.

You are so wrong when you are against him especially with tons of blue aps he had. He will own the game by himself and slowly kill you off. I got owned by him during a AI match (1 vs 1)...he's just so good even he's without any teammate left.
    However i do wish that he won't get too heavily nerf...as I am using him as my main team - he's just too good not to be use even though he's slow in killing people off. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The problem with him is that his skills make it too easy to keep your team alive easy to stun multiple opponents, easy to resore full health and strong protect tiles. All his skills need nerfing but on a small scale.
  • I need help from the Spiderman experts. I have a lvl 92 Spiderman, built 5/1/3. This was determined by the covers I have earned so don't hate. I have saved for another cover and I'm thinking of buying one for him, since he is level capped right now. There are only 4 slots available, so do I go for blue, purple or both? Seems like Max blue is nice.

Finally, who does he work best with? I just tossed Wolvie and Thor to the curb, so I'm looking to make a strong 3* team. Thanks!
  • If you can hold off I would as spidey is definitely on the list of being changed - unless you are fine with selling or waiting for respec or dont have other heroes to use in the mean time.
    If anything - since you already have 5 in yellow - maybe 2 in blue to even it out that way 5/3/3 and you can wait to see what changes happen.
  • Maybe his Funbalance will make him stronger? icon_e_wink.gif
    I hear what you are saying. I already dropped 92 levels on him, but if he gets nerfed, oh boy.
    So who to focus on, Ironman40 or Hulk or BWGS?
  • klingsor wrote:
    Maybe his Funbalance will make him stronger? icon_e_wink.gif
    I hear what you are saying. I already dropped 92 levels on him, but if he gets nerfed, oh boy.

I think they'll nerf his blue a little bit, but I can't imagine it being as harsh as thor and wolv. Spidey is a 3* after all so hopefully they treat that delicately especially with the backlash so far.

I think it really depends on what covers you have for each of them available to you. At first I liked IM40 as a generator - kept his yellow at only 2 to spam to generate red and blue only.
    10ap for the additional green seems too slow for me.

I'd probably favor the hulk if covers were no concern to you, but I don't know what else you're running.
  • noobpotato wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Maybe his Funbalance will make him stronger? icon_e_wink.gif

I think they'll nerf his blue a little bit, but I can't imagine it being as harsh as thor and wolv. Spidey is a 3* after all so hopefully they treat that delicately especially with the backlash so far.

I think it really depends on what covers you have for each of them available to you. At first I liked IM40 as a generator - kept his yellow at only 2 to spam to generate red and blue only.
    10ap for the additional green seems too slow for me.

I'd probably favor the hulk if covers were no concern to you, but I don't know what else you're running.

I got the Spiderman blue cover from a token! Happy day D3, when I get what I want! So let's get specific:

I have:
    Spiderman lvl 92, 5,2,3
    Ironman 40, lvl 87, 5,3,4
    Hulk lvl 85, 4,0,4 (why can't i get a red cover??)
    BWGS lvl 60 2,2,5

and enough HP for one cover...I agree with you that Spidey Nerf is coming to blue, so I think one more blue might be safe, or wait and see, or abandon blue and go with purple... I can see higher en purple helping to survive those high level PVE battles.

What about Hulk Black lvl 5? Worth it to damage own team?