*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• raisinbman wrote:
    ideal build is 5/3/5

no, ideal build is 3/5/5 b/c of the evidence we've presented

The only evidence I've seen is that her green is completely unreliable. Numerous times I've tried to destroy enemy tiles with it to find it destroys all tiles around it and leaves the enemy tile alone. What use is that?
    so you admit that's your personal experience have a good day
    vudu3 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ideal build is 5/3/5

I see no such evidence. 5/3/5 for life.
    Quebbster wrote:
    a fun power

oh no
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ideal build is 5/3/5

The only evidence I've seen is that her green is completely unreliable. Numerous times I've tried to destroy enemy tiles with it to find it destroys all tiles around it and leaves the enemy tile alone. What use is that?
    vudu3 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ideal build is 5/3/5

I see no such evidence. 5/3/5 for life.
    Quebbster wrote:
    a fun power

oh no
    Isn't the whole point of this forum to exchange personal experiences?
  • Quebbster wrote:
    nope, not when we're talking "ideal builds", we must think of all players and the optimal situations.

These ppl are talking about their personal builds or preferences.
  • Quebbster
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    nope, not when we're talking "ideal builds", we must think of all players and the optimal situations.

But the ideal build depends a whole lot on how you want to play the character.
    I want my Scarlet Witch to be able to stand on her own. Thus 5/3/5 is my ideal build.
    You prefer to use her to feed AP to other characters. Thus 3/5/5 is your ideal build.
    Doesn't make one build truly better than the other, it's just different uses. You can probably make more powerful teams with a 3/5/5 Wanda, but the team composition is more limited as you need another purple outlet. A 5/3/5 Wanda takes care of her own business better, but isn't as effective supporting her teammates. It's all subjective.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Her only use right now is as battery for purple. Purple is a strong color now and her battery skill is very good but it would be nice if she was a bit more useful on her own / when she's the last man standing.
  • Quebbster
    I have lost plenty of PvP games against Wanda after being unable to match away her countdown and then getting hit by a big Reality Crush or two. That's what I was going for when I decided on 5/3/5.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ideal build is 5/3/5

You come across as extremely arrogant with your replies, as if only your answers can possibly be correct.

Doesn't everyone give their favourite builds on personal experience? Surely thats all you can ever do unless you just follow like sheep.
  • Nick441234
    Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I want my Scarlet Witch to be able to stand on her own. Thus 5/3/5 is my ideal build.
    You prefer to use her to feed AP to other characters. Thus 3/5/5 is your ideal build.
    Doesn't make one build truly better than the other, it's just different uses. You can probably make more powerful teams with a 3/5/5 Wanda, but the team composition is more limited as you need another purple outlet. A 5/3/5 Wanda takes care of her own business better, but isn't as effective supporting her teammates. It's all subjective.

Exactly that. People have different uses for their characters so all viable builds should be discussed, not just ones that some people like.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    her green isnt relevant, the purple tier is more relevant
    Then why are you arguing with people who are saying her build should be 3 green?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Then why are you arguing with people who are saying her build should be 3 green?
    His SW is 4/4/3. Now you know why he disregards personal experience.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    5 in blue is only requirement for scarlet witch as u can see

Where is the evidence for 355 you speak of?
  • Quebbster
    As far as I am concerned:
    "Evidence" is Dana.
    "Personal experience" is Zuul.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg7MAacSPNM
  • Ruinate wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

SW+Kingpin in a longer match
    SW+Deadpool+ BP/Fury
    SW+Antman

Basically anywhere you want to generated Pink for another user who doesn't use green. Most people would probably use 535 though.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    daibar wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

SW+Deadpool+ BP/Fury
    SW+Antman

Basically anywhere you want to generated Pink for another user who doesn't use green. Most people would probably use 535 though.

I know why and when you would build 355. My Witch has been that way until her fix. I just think it's ridiculous that Raisin says "5 blue is the only thing that matters" and then goes and **** on people who think 535 is a better fit for them because of all the evidence that he never even provided. And so people give their anecdotal evidence supporting 535 and he condescendingly dismisses them when he doesn't have any anecdotes of his own. That's just facepalm.
  • Nick441234
    Does purple only stun at 5 covers?

That would at least explain why Raisin doesn't appreciate 5 covers on purple if he's never actually seen it in action. It is a little funny though that he's dismissing something he's never had.

I dont point blank disagree with people going 3/5/5 but my personal experience of 4 covers on green is that it never destroyed the tiles I wanted it to. I could fully get behind 5 green if you could pick the tiles to destroy so you could wipe out say 2 or 3 enemy tiles. Whats been happening to me is that the one tile I wanted destroyed would stay put and all the ones around it would be destroyed. It was completely random which tiles would go! Useless in my eyes.

The 5 turn stun and 2000 damage to each opponent just appeals a lot more to me than playing the 5 green lottery.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would never go 3/5/5. 4/4/5 maybe, although I prefer 5/3/5. The reason being, because green is random, you can only get an idea of what it may destroy, but not being able to destroy certain tiles actually makes the skill more predictable in what type of AP you will get. There are much better board destroyers than SW, so bring X-Force if you need the board wiped out, but if you are using Ms.Purple generation, not being able to destroy certain tiles will help you figure out what ones will get destroyed and with that you can be very strategic in gathering those last few AP to go off.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

then according to you this whole discussion is pointless

No, there are better builds.

If you don't like them or use them, that's cool.

It's NOT subjective.

There is a difference between the IDEAL BUILD, ie out of all the character combos/situations in game,which one is best.

And your PERSONAL OPINION.

If I say you should give me $50, that's my personal opinion.

If I, plus the intergalatic council of righteousness and a majority of earthlings think you should give me $50, that's what's right to do. Majority rules, after all.

Do you have to do it? No, your personal opinion may conflict.
    You come across as extremely arrogant with your replies, as if only your answers can possibly be correct.

Doesn't everyone give their favourite builds on personal experience? Surely thats all you can ever do unless you just follow like sheep.

you come across as extremely wrong in your replies, as if community experience and wisdom don't matter.

Doesn't everyone have an opinion which is called an opinion? Surely you can poll the community, do your research, and ask your elders in order to make the best decision.
    Bowgentle wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    His SW is 4/4/3. Now you know why he disregards personal experience.

Excuse me? I go by what the forum sages say. Don't bring my SW into this because she isn't complete.

My most recent evaluation of her is that her blue at 3 is awesome, and that still stands.
    Ruinate wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg
    daibar wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

SW+Deadpool+ BP/Fury
    SW+Antman

wow evidence showed up right after you posted it upvoted
    Ruinate wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

SW+Deadpool+ BP/Fury
    SW+Antman

I know why and when you would build 355. My Witch has been that way until her fix. I just think it's ridiculous that Raisin says "5 blue is the only thing that matters" and then goes and tinykitty on people who think 535 is a better fit for them because of all the evidence that he never even provided. And so people give their anecdotal evidence supporting 535 and he condescendingly dismisses them when he doesn't have any anecdotes of his own. That's just facepalm.

Since when do I have to provide evidence? Am I the sole SW user in this thread?

Again, you have to take into account the COMMUNITY.

PS: I didn't "tinykitty" anyone. maybe they shouldn't say it's ideal when it's not and they won't get responded to in such a manner, hmm?
    Does purple only stun at 5 covers?

That would at least explain why Raisin doesn't appreciate 5 covers on purple if he's never actually seen it in action. It is a little funny though that he's dismissing something he's never had.

I dont point blank disagree with people going 3/5/5 but my personal experience of 4 covers on green is that it never destroyed the tiles I wanted it to. I could fully get behind 5 green if you could pick the tiles to destroy so you could wipe out say 2 or 3 enemy tiles. Whats been happening to me is that the one tile I wanted destroyed would stay put and all the ones around it would be destroyed. It was completely random which tiles would go! Useless in my eyes.

The 5 turn stun and 2000 damage to each opponent just appeals a lot more to me than playing the 5 green lottery.

I only think of the community and want to make the best decisions for all. My personal experience is irrelevant when the community has come together as they have and cast their vote.
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I would never go 3/5/5. 4/4/5 maybe, although I prefer 5/3/5. The reason being, because green is random, you can only get an idea of what it may destroy, but not being able to destroy certain tiles actually makes the skill more predictable in what type of AP you will get. There are much better board destroyers than SW, so bring X-Force if you need the board wiped out, but if you are using Ms.Purple generation, not being able to destroy certain tiles will help you figure out what ones will get destroyed and with that you can be very strategic in gathering those last few AP to go off.
    THIS IS AN ACTUAL REASON TO NOT GO 3/5/5
  • Nick441234
    And I'm thinking of the community when I suggest 5/3/5, cause it works for me, so some other people might want to try it too. This thread wouldn't be 17 pages long if we were banned from discussing any other possible builds.

Now get off your high horse and come back when you can actually offer a personal opinion rather than just following the sheep.
  • And I'm thinking of the community when I suggest 5/3/5, cause it works for me, so some other people might want to try it too. This thread wouldn't be 17 pages long if we were banned from discussing any other possible builds.

Now get off your high horse and come back when you can actually offer a personal opinion rather than just following the sheep.
    Good so you admit it's personal opinion.

Some may find it useful isn't good enough reasoning to say its an "ideal build". I don't want players to google this is find some random build thinking its ideal.

rofl, you think "following the sheep" is listening to the forum gurus

now ive seen everything

people on this forum only want opinions from the forum gurus, I guess u haven't been around long

credentials are everything around here

hey look another instance where wanda is a support character what a coincidence:
    Buret0 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    Can we start talking good teammates for her? So far, we have focused on her counter-abilities and as an individual character. I think she needs a single target high damage teammate, and/or a low AP teammate. At 10 and 12 AP for her two attack moves, you need someone to help out against low health targets with quick low damage, and high health targets with single target high damage.

Scarlet Witch seems like a no-brainer to me as her purple battery.
    Cyclops for the rainbow, but not a fully active rainbow, because of the blue passives. Why are so many blue and yellow abilities passive?

PX and Jean together. Damned if you do, damned if you don't on the match 5s... too bad Blind Spot uses Purple. Bringing SW in to power them both up seems like a waste because you've left too many passives and your entire active AP use is Purple/Green, so defensively it is going to be a "pray for match 5s" while your opponent strips the board of anything useful. Maybe not a great couple.

Anyone who makes big strike tiles + Jean. AoE damage makes triple use of strike tiles as long as the whole team is still alive. Hulkbuster + Mean Jean? Active blue, red, and black. Black and blue fuel red, black also fuels the AoE damage with strike tiles. You can go fistbuster with a 3/5/5 Jean and let fist use the purple. Green production is slow. 5/5/3 Cycbuster + Jean? Carnagebuster? She's got the power to wipe the carnage tiles out and they both benefit from strike tiles. Patchbuster for that extra strike tile creation? Cagebuster for the fully active rainbow?

Hood/Thing/Jean? AP steal + damage protection for the squishy? Alternatively Loki and just keep giving them match 4s and 5s intentionally. Hopefully the crit is even strong enough to force Thing to poop out protect tiles.

Magneto is a good option. Only thing missing is a blackflag.png option. Maybe throw in Gamora as the third for her strike tile generation? Maybe Cage instead?

Cage is a good option. Only thing missing is an active red/blue (buster, as noted above). Goddess or Cap?

Really, the ideal teams with her are going to be:

1) PvP or PvE?
    2) Who is in the enemy line-up?
    3) Who is boosted?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow I came to this thread to see how to build SW since the nerf. I have her 4,4,5 to try out more purple but I don't know if I really like her purple. 2100 AOE and a 5 turn stun just feels light. On the other hand 5 in green gives to potential to destroy any enemy tile but it is random. When I run her with another purple user I use her green to target the last 1-2 AP needed to fire an another ability like ALOT this week. I think the biggest issue in deciding her build is neither purple nor green are great. Some people say 5,3,5 because you at least get more damage and the longer stun, and others say 3,5,5 because she is support for greater purple abilities.
    I am starting to hate SW because I can decide how to build her. I am leaning towards straight support, I just wish at level 5 her green could start targeted on CD and Ultron tiles.

Sincerely confused