*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    so then there's no "easter egg"
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is "easter egg" another term for "bug" now?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    I think he's got the times wrong.

Arcane Incantation goes off around 1:27. There are no Speed Shot tiles on the board. Then it resolves, creating a big cascade. Once the board is stable again, there are two sets of countdown tiles. There are 3 at 2 turns, and another 3 at 1 turn. The seconds set counts down around 1:35.

When you get a match 5, technically it ends the turn, even if from an ability, so a cascade generating 2 will cause countdowns created by the first one to go down..that is why some were at 1 and others at 2, even though it appears to have been created on the same move, it was actually multiple "turns".

So just to clarify.. a match 5 gives you another turn.. cd tiles react to this.. even if made by a skill. SW causing a match 5 will lower Caps tiles by 1 as well.
    The match 5 does not technically end the turn. The CD tiles from speed shot are at different timers due to the way the game resolves CD tiles. At the beginning of the turn, it checks for CD tiles starting from the top left corner. It goes through the first row left to right, and then moves on to the next row, until you get to the bottom right. When SW blue resolves and creates speed shot tiles, some of them are below or to the right of the original location of the SW tile. These are the ones that then tick down once.

You can see the same thing with Daredevil blue if the new blue falls after the one that just resolved. You can also see the same thing in a negative way if a goon CD tile resolves and causes board destruction that moves a tile that was once above it to a spot below it.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I swear, I seem to get loads more cascades from Scarlett Witch's blue, despite it changing far less tiles, than Thor's Call of Storm. I find this really strange.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I swear, I seem to get loads more cascades from Scarlett Witch's blue, despite it changing far less tiles, than Thor's Call of Storm. I find this really strange.
    Call The Storm changes no tiles, so it's not surprising at all.
    Assuming you mean Thunder Strike, it's not that surprising either since Wanda's purple tiles appear in a 3x3 square area while Thor's green tiles can appear anywhere on the board.
  • Nick441234
    Yeah, thats what I mean't. icon_lol.gif

I've still only got her blue at 3 covers and its brilliant already. I dont really get much from her green so plan to go with 5/3/5 with her. Not sure if thats the desired build, but its the one I'm liking the idea of most right now.
  • Quebbster

I've still only got her blue at 3 covers and its brilliant already. I dont really get much from her green so plan to go with 5/3/5 with her. Not sure if thats the desired build, but its the one I'm liking the idea of most right now.
    That's what I'm using and I think it works well. Just give her time and she'll F up the entire opposition. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I dont really get much from her green so plan to go with 5/3/5 with her. Not sure if thats the desired build, but its the one I'm liking the idea of most right now.

5/3/5 here and loving it. I think everyone on here complaining about the random placement of her stun is drastically undervaluing (or not considering) the effectiveness of a 5-turn stun when there's only 1 enemy left. I used her in every single battle in "Enemy of the State" recently, and with the crazy amounts of purple her passive was generating (moreso with careful tile-matching to optimize cascades), I can't possibly tell you the number of times I was able to stun and then re-stun the final high-health enemy on harder nodes while whittling down his HP with other characters (usually Torch and Daken, who grouped with SWitch quite well.)

I don't begrudge anyone wanting to go 3/5/5, but I personally find her green incredibly unfun and unreliable for removal of attack/strike/protect tiles. and I absolutely don't want to put two more covers into it for the equally-unreliable chance to also remove countdowns and rarer special tiles that don't come up as frequently.

If you enjoy her green @ 5, more power to you -- but for me, SWitch is a self-sustainable flying purple people-stunner, and fills that role quite well when I need to add purple to a group (which happens much more often than a need for green.)
  • Nick441234
    I cant understand how anyone wouldn't have at least 5 purple. Surely any character that has a power that hurts all 3 opponents with one attack has to be an instant 5 covers?
  • I cant understand how anyone wouldn't have at least 5 purple. Surely any character that has a power that hurts all 3 opponents with one attack has to be an instant 5 covers?
    doc ock green says hi

5 in blue is only requirement for scarlet witch as u can see
  • Nick441234
    I dont have Doc Oc covered so couldn't comment on him. However, Scarlet Witch hits for over 2K damage to each opponent and stuns 1 for 5 turns. Sure, the damage is nothing compared to a lot of characters but when comparing her powers, I just cant see how green is better than that.
  • I dont have Doc Oc covered so couldn't comment on him. However, Scarlet Witch hits for over 2K damage to each opponent and stuns 1 for 5 turns. Sure, the damage is nothing compared to a lot of characters but when comparing her powers, I just cant see how green is better than that.
    her green isnt relevant, the purple tier is more relevant
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I dont have Doc Oc covered so couldn't comment on him. However, Scarlet Witch hits for over 2K damage to each opponent and stuns 1 for 5 turns. Sure, the damage is nothing compared to a lot of characters but when comparing her powers, I just cant see how green is better than that.

Because 90% of SWs use is to provide quick and easy purple to other characters that need purple for something that hits a lot harder than SWs five cover purple. If you are using SWs purple, it is probably because you went into battle weak and the person that is actually supposed to use all that purple got killed.

Green on the other hand /used/ to be useful for converting green into other useful colors, depending on the team dynamic. Now it is only used as a desperate attempt to gather the 1-2 AP of a certain color that you need to fire an ability this turn.
  • Nick441234
    Of course, I'm talking about if you have to use SW. For purple, I'd normally take Doom into battle to cover that one. However, in this current PVE event, characters are locked out (including Doom) and SW is one of the handful I can use.

I'm not arguing that she's a top purple user, I'm just arguing that her purple and blue are much better than her green so feel her ideal build is 5/3/5. Its hard to guarantee which tiles her green will destroy so it becomes a complete lottery.
  • ideal build is 5/3/5

no, ideal build is 3/5/5 b/c of the evidence we've presented
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    ideal build is 5/3/5

I see no such evidence. 5/3/5 for life.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    vudu3 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ideal build is 5/3/5

I see no such evidence. 5/3/5 for life.

I think any of the 3 x/x/5 builds are viable. 90% of the time I use neither of her actives anyway.
  • Nick441234
    raisinbman wrote:
    ideal build is 5/3/5

The only evidence I've seen is that her green is completely unreliable. Numerous times I've tried to destroy enemy tiles with it to find it destroys all tiles around it and leaves the enemy tile alone. What use is that?
  • Quebbster
    I like my characters to be able to stand on their own, which is why I prefer my Wanda 5/3/5. That 5 turn stun can be incredibly brutal, and it's a fun power to use.
    I absolutely get the argument behind using her as a purple feeder, but it's just not my cup of tea playstyle-wise. I prefer her to sneak around the back lines, gathering purple until she can go BOOM!
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Before the fix, I would have argued that 3/5/5 was the better build.
    Now, both purple and green skills are mediocre but I still prefer the utility of having a chance to get rid of enemy Countdown tiles and occasional missing 1 or 2 AP. You get 5/6 or better odds if your 'intended' tile is at the edges/corner. You also get 5/9 or better odds if you have some special tiles in the vicinity of the 'intended' tile.

That said, she's usually just a battery for Iron Fist/OBW for me so I seldom if ever use her purple skill.