Venom (Classic Eddie Brock)

Options
20three
20three Posts: 371
edited November 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Well I'm sure this hasn't been proposed 10 million times, but here's another one, just for the fun of it. I'm thinking he needs to be a reckless powerhouse, considering the one we currently has is not only too weak, but much too defensive. Also, does anyone else just love that Venom used to look like this? He looks so goofy, I find it hilarious.

5371617fd46a5a36f4e2e68e8ab9cbce.jpg?v=112200

Anyway, here goes

blackflag.png (Passive) Symbiote Spite: Even after Eddie Brock's defeat, the symbiote is still vengeful and bloodthirsty. Once venom is downed, it seeks a new host, randomly selecting an ally to bond with. The symbiote's power is great and controlling. Add 1 strength 25 strike tile to the board and Symbiote Slash and Devour are added to your ally's attacks at their original levels.
2 Covers: Creates 2 tiles
3 Coves: Creates 3 tiles
4 Covers: Creates 3 strength 37 tiles
5 Covers: Creates 3 strength 50 tiles

208?cb=20141017232847

purpleflag.png 8 APS Symbiote Slash: Venom is not one to **** around, he leaps into battle without regard for life or allies, he slashes away critically harming a random enemy. Deals 500 damage to enemy, 250 to a random ally
2 Covers: Deals 900 damage, 350 to a random ally
3 Covers: Deals 1,200 damage, 500 to a random ally
4 Covers: Deals 1,200 damage and stuns the enemy for 1 turn. 550 damage to a random ally
5 Covers: Deals 1,500 damage and targets two random enemies stunning them for 2 turns, 600 to a random ally

venom4.jpg

greenflag.png 14 AP Devour: Venom's insatiable appetite for brains transitions onto the battle field. Grabbing his opponent, he attempts to devour their innards. If they have more than 25% of their max health, they are able to overpower Venom and he only manages to attacks for 200 damage, if less, it's chow time and the opponent is downed.
2 Covers: Deals 300 damage
3 Covers: Deals 400 damage, damage ratio changed to 30%
4 Covers: Deals 500 damage
5 Covers: Deals 700 damage, damage ratio changed to 35%

3260260-5354926596-venom.jpg

This is the first time I've done this, so if the effects, AP costs, and damages are ridiculous, well that's why.

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    heh, Mac Gargan is so going to eat his heart out once Eddie Brock shows who's the boss with the symbiote

although I really wish there's an Anti-Venom counterpart too... I wonder how Eddie as Anti-Venom would look like?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fun stuff, and I am glad you contributed. For his greenflag.png , which is obviously a take on punisher's redflag.png, I think it is safe to add residual damage or attack tiles, since the symbiote has its ulterior motives and hunger. Additionally, the cost can go down a fair bit unless you dial up the attack tiles.

What if he consumes attack tiles and heals, since the attack tiles could resemble tendrils. That is how they played up carnage. And where carnage kills for sport, venom does out of hunger and dominance.

The claiming another host thing. What if we went a bit Falcon, in that when he matches a black tile, it consumes an attack tile but strengthens the rest? That's the way the symbiote reacts. You hurt it? It comes back ANGRY.

The changes I am suggesting means he is constantly fighting his own abilities. But to be honest, that's any Venom. And if he can consume attack tiles to strengthen the rest, he would have a FASCINATING synergy with Carnage.
  • 20three
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Fun stuff, and I am glad you contributed. For his greenflag.png , which is obviously a take on punisher's redflag.png, I think it is safe to add residual damage or attack tiles, since the symbiote has its ulterior motives and hunger. Additionally, the cost can go down a fair bit unless you dial up the attack tiles.

What if he consumes attack tiles and heals, since the attack tiles could resemble tendrils. That is how they played up carnage. And where carnage kills for sport, venom does out of hunger and dominance.

The claiming another host thing. What if we went a bit Falcon, in that when he matches a black tile, it consumes an attack tile but strengthens the rest? That's the way the symbiote reacts. You hurt it? It comes back ANGRY.

The changes I am suggesting means he is constantly fighting his own abilities. But to be honest, that's any Venom. And if he can consume attack tiles to strengthen the rest, he would have a FASCINATING synergy with Carnage.

Thanks! Those are all very good ideas, I think the consumption aspect would work well with venom given his characteristics. I'm especially proud of my symbiote spite idea (though I do think it could use some work) but the rest of the attacks are pretty generic, especially my retribution clone. I think it would be extremely cool if they made different symbiote art for each of the characters (since basically every character in the universe has had it at some point, but that would never happen obviously.)
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    20three wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

Thanks! Those are all very good ideas, I think the consumption aspect would work well with venom given his characteristics. I'm especially proud of my symbiote spite idea (though I do think it could use some work) but the rest of the attacks are pretty generic, especially my retribution clone. I think it would be extremely cool if they made different symbiote art for each of the characters (since basically every character in the universe has had it at some point, but that would never happen obviously.)

Hey man, your post inspired me to create my version of Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock)! Why don't you come check it out and tell me what you think about it? https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31544
  • 20three
    Options
    Easily my favorite post and only worthwhile thing I have contributed to this site.