What Upcoming Comic movie are you excited about?

2»

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Voted for Ant-Man but kinda cheating because I've already seen it. icon_razz.gif Was a pretty good movie overall although it was very obvious which parts were Edgar Wright and which parts Marvel decided to shove in after. I get that they needed to tie him into the MCU but it was pretty distracting sometimes.

Apart from that, I'm excited about BvS and Civil War. Definitely interested to see how DC are putting together their cinematic universe and I'm glad they are differentiating it from Marvel by not having to do origin stories for every single character. Civil War because I'm a huge fan of Cap and I'm interested to see how they are going to pull off the Civil War with (presumably) very different foundation from the comic.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really curious as to if we'll see any of the Netflix street-level heroes show up in Civil War. I think Jessica Jones will be out before its release, and Luke Cage will be in that as well, so other than Iron Fist (which Marvel is apparently having some trouble with, they're trying to decide just how much magic/mysticism they want to introduce in their Netflix shows) all of the Defenders-to-be will have been introduced and will have made their mark on the overall universe.

Speaking of magic/mysticism, Doctor Strange is easily the solo superhero movie I'm looking forward to the most, even though it's still a long wait. Super happy with Tilda Swinton being cast as the Ancient One, though, she is fantastic in everything she does.
  • I still think Will Smith is terribly miscast as Deadshot, no matter how much he pushed to play the role... and what makes that even worse is because of his casting, the Arrow tv show is no longer allowed to use Deadshot in their own excellent version of the Suicide Squad, because WB's tv and film departments can't play nice.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saw Ant Man today... Much better than I ever thought it would be.

I really did enjoy it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think Will Smith is terribly miscast as Deadshot, no matter how much he pushed to play the role... and what makes that even worse is because of his casting, the Arrow tv show is no longer allowed to use Deadshot in their own excellent version of the Suicide Squad, because WB's tv and film departments can't play nice.
    I agree Will Smith looks miscast, but I still want to see the movie. I think Harley Quinn and the Joker will steal the show.
    I also really want to see Deadpool. I think Ryan Reynolds is snarky enough in real life to make a good Deadpool. They are also pushing his to be an R rated movie so they can make it they way they want.
  • wymtime wrote:
    I still think Will Smith is terribly miscast as Deadshot, no matter how much he pushed to play the role... and what makes that even worse is because of his casting, the Arrow tv show is no longer allowed to use Deadshot in their own excellent version of the Suicide Squad, because WB's tv and film departments can't play nice.
    I agree Will Smith looks miscast, but I still want to see the movie. I think Harley Quinn and the Joker will steal the show.
    I also really want to see Deadpool. I think Ryan Reynolds is snarky enough in real life to make a good Deadpool. They are also pushing his to be an R rated movie so they can make it they way they want.
    the suicide squad animated feature was really good I dunno about this one but I kinda really dig the concept now. Especially if we can get King Shark and Killer Frost ~~~~~
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I'll more then likely see all the Marvel movies. DC movies are a rental at best to me.