PVE: Enemy of the State (July 9-17)

Comments

• LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Bummer - finished 106th w/ 172k. Red Lthor reward is a slap in the face bcs I couldn't complete a last run at the Triumph node before 12:00p. I haven't played long enough to know how this compares to past 4* EotS grinds, but I feel like missing out on the t100 w/ 172k (2.4x the final progression reward) is pretty bad.

It is a new 4* release, im at around 225k myself, and barely hanging in top 10, about 15 people within 5k of me..

New release events tend to be rough, i know it burns to miss out like that.. you should have been able to merc with a t100 alliance for a bonus cover with that score though, just a thought for next time.

Actually, there is still time, alliance rewards are not until after the final sub ends.. you may want to try!

Thanks for the input. I am fortunate enough to be in a top100 alliance, so I will get 1 Ant-man, but frustrating to put in so much work and not get the 4* cover. I need to do a better job of playing optimally, but I rarely have the ability to clear each node 3x a day and grind for 2hrs at the end of each sub. I do have flexibility in my schedule to play 2-3hrs per day if needed (mostly on the gym bike or in front of the TV), but I can't always do it at the appropriate interval. Like I said, lame to score so high and not get the 4* cover.

Good luck keeping the Top 10 finish.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Thanks for the input. I am fortunate enough to be in a top100 alliance, so I will get 1 Ant-man, but frustrating to put in so much work and not get the 4* cover. I need to do a better job of playing optimally, but I rarely have the ability to clear each node 3x a day and grind for 2hrs at the end of each sub. I do have flexibility in my schedule to play 2-3hrs per day if needed (mostly on the gym bike or in front of the TV), but I can't always do it at the appropriate interval. Like I said, lame to score so high and not get the 4* cover.

Good luck keeping the Top 10 finish.
    I'm not playing this one (yet) but in general i know placement is easier in some slices than others. slice 4 is notoriously hard. i have had better placement luck in all of the others than 4. but 4 makes the most sense for most of the US, so it gets a ton of play and lots of players can grind and then start the next sub before they go to sleep, so its pretty popular.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I'm not playing this one (yet) but in general i know placement is easier in some slices than others. slice 4 is notoriously hard. i have had better placement luck in all of the others than 4. but 4 makes the most sense for most of the US, so it gets a ton of play and lots of players can grind and then start the next sub before they go to sleep, so its pretty popular.

Oh ****, really? I'm always in slice 4 because the time works best for me, but I'm also finding that I'm struggling to stay in the top 100. I haven't missed any clears, though I also haven't been setting my alarm for 4am to get up and hit them optimally, but if other slices are more forgiving I may try them out. I think I already selected slice 4 for Thick as Thieves though...
  • I'm not playing this one (yet) but in general i know placement is easier in some slices than others. slice 4 is notoriously hard. i have had better placement luck in all of the others than 4. but 4 makes the most sense for most of the US, so it gets a ton of play and lots of players can grind and then start the next sub before they go to sleep, so its pretty popular.

Oh ****, really? I'm always in slice 4 because the time works best for me, but I'm also finding that I'm struggling to stay in the top 100. I haven't missed any clears, though I also haven't been setting my alarm for 4am to get up and hit them optimally, but if other slices are more forgiving I may try them out. I think I already selected slice 4 for Thick as Thieves though...
    yes, according to d3 statistics most players are US EST iirc, and 11pm est is good for us
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently the entire planet is trying to finish hard on this.. 15 minutes of no connection, and i will have to settle for T20.. came back at #13..worked back too #11.. #10 is now to far to reach. Oh well, thems the breaks...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    That sucks, dude. I managed to stay in the top 10, but barely. I'm glad I did a few clears of that last survival node earlier, those points really helped me out later.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Finished in 11th 799 points short of 10th. I had no idea people were going to grind so hard for this when I started. Felt like I was in a bracket of death since I finished with 237k and leader had 279k
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    You were in the same bracket at Malcrof and I, and yeah, it was super grindy.

I have to admit that I'm probably the only person who's happy this was a 7 day event. I wasn't able to play much last weekend and had set my aim for top 20 accordingly. But by being able to play optimally (being your own boss is really convenient for those refreshes) over the last couple of days I somehow managed to slowly creep into the top 10, which I hadn't expected at all.

Glad I need absolutely nothing from the next PvE though. Going to take it easy and do enough to grab a token every sub, and cross my fingers I get one or more ants in those.
  • skippytx
    skippytx Posts: 89
    4* PVE releases are always brutal I lucked into a bracket that I managed to take 7th with a reasonable amount of grinding. (3 full clears and then hit the highest pt nodes for the last 90 minutes of the sub). Top 10 in my bracket had a pretty good point spread. #1 was 242,511, #10 was 199,327pt
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 covers for T20, i am satisfied with that.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I did optimal clears and allocated about 2 hours for grinding for each sub. Given it was a 4 star.png, I knew there was a good chance I wouldn't get top 10. That was pretty much solidified yesterday, when I decided real life was more important and only managed an hour of grinding in that sub.

Still, earning as many Hero Points as possible was my primary goal. Certainly more useful than the extra Ant-Man cover at the moment. It was an honor to be in a bracket with so many good players as well.
  • Grinding Nick Fury Rescue down to zero....my stream will be up for posterity sake for those who want the lowdown on the sub.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    #10 in my bracket was 260k. I never stood a chance...
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    If I never see Gorgon, Konran, or a ninja again in this game, that would be too BLEEPING SOON. OMG. I hate them.
    I've only been able to place top 200 on any of the subs because the truth is I just don't have it in me to grind through these nodes over and over. I do them all once, for sure, and some are challenging, some are difficult, but after 2 or 3 clears of the nodes, I want to find Konran and beg him for the sweet release of Meteor Hammer. Is it just me? UGH. I wanted an ant-man cover but honest to dog, I just couldn't do it, I could NOT grind waves and waves of Gorgon, Konran, and the faceless ninjas over and over, it was mind-numbing, more mind-numbing than usual.

Edit: plus, i'm in 3* transition, have 4-5 maxed now and whatever scaling is still existent is crushing me. I don't have the full stable necessary to clear all fights for sure (see Growth Industry) and so sometimes the fights are just too difficult to do mroe than once.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scored top 10 in the fresh slice 5 bracket with 56149.

After two hours of grinding I was already sick of Gorgon and his ninjas. Kudos to all who played the entire event.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Scored top 10 in the fresh slice 5 bracket with 56149.

That sounds sweet. I thought I entered easy bracket but had to have 233k just to finish barely top 10. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    185,005 got me #28 in the 1st slice of the last time slot (I always preregister for the last time slot). Looks like I was about 10,000 short of the second Antman cover.

#1 was Axia17 from Nn ci Fregano with 268,649. He was a trooper. I was doing the rollover slice about 2/3rds of the nights, but s/he was on there maxing out the first run every night.

I was keeping in the top 10 with some double-taps and some survival node grinds, but I took a whole day off and it cost me.
  • LordXberk
    I know this has been said ad nauseam, but don't we as players/users of this game find it ridiculous that we have to set alarms to get up at 4am in order to have success at this game? Some of us just can't grind optimally due to real life - I'm happy to play the ~3hrs per day needed for a 4* cover, but don't understand why I can't do that on my own free time instead of forced 8-hr refreshes?
  • MrGaunt25 wrote:
    I know this has been said ad nauseam, but don't we as players/users of this game find it ridiculous that we have to set alarms to get up at 4am in order to have success at this game? Some of us just can't grind optimally due to real life - I'm happy to play the ~3hrs per day needed for a 4* cover, but don't understand why I can't do that on my own free time instead of forced 8-hr refreshes?
    i succeeded without waking up at 4 am, try growth industry, deadpool daily or PVP
  • LordXberk
    raisinbman wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    i succeeded without waking up at 4 am, try growth industry, deadpool daily or PVP

Were you in the 12:00p slice? If so, don't you need to complete nodes at 12p, 8p, 4a, and grind 10a-12p on Day 2 to play 'optimally?' Maybe I was just in a **** pool, but 171k for 106th seems pretty awful. Of course, your roster is significantly better than mine at this point, so I'm sure that helps.

I do DDQ, have started Growth Industry (not yet finished), and am in the 2-3* transition where it's still a huge challenge to get to 800 w/o using multiple shields (although, maybe I should try entering later and grinding at the deadline). As a side note, I did somehow manage to snag the CMags reward in the Sim at 1700 before being crushed back to 900.

I appreciate your msg and understand there are other aspects of the game than the PVE grind. I'm just very salty that I put in a ton of effort for an individual Ant-Man cover and came up short.