What Upcoming Comic movie are you excited about?

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in Off Topic
What Upcoming Comic movie are you the most excited about?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Superman Vs Batman is the only one listed that I'm really anxious to go see.

My brother wants to see Ant-man this weekend... but I'm not really that eager to see it... I'd rather see it on $5 Tuesday over regular price on opening weekend.

Winter Soldier disappointed me, as did Avengers Age of Ultron. I'd like the comic movies to succeed because I'm not ready for the trend to die down yet... but I think it's heading that way.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I'm still a sucker for MCU. So I picked those two. And then Deadpool is just going to be crazy. I'll watch it, if for no other reason, than to erase Wolverine's Deadpool from memory.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ant-Man should be a lot of fun, even without Edgar Wright, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. And to Civil War as well, because the Marvel movies haven't let me down yet. The leaked Deadpool trailer from Comic-Con pretty much nailed it, so that's probably my favorite of the upcoming Fox films, and if X-Men Apocalypse is of the same quality as the previous two X-Men movies, I'll enjoy it as well. I just don't know about the new FF movie, though. Eveything they've shown so far leading up to them getting their powers looks really, really good and is very much in the spirit of the comics... but everything after that looks really mediocre, as is the tired old 'the government wants to use us as weapons' plot. That and Doom must be a really difficult character to bring to the big screen, because he once again looks pretty terrible (I think that, despite how incredibly low budget it was, I think Roger Cormans Doom was still the best-looking of all 3 big screen incarnations).

As for the DC stuff, I actually dig Snyder's visual style, so I'm looking forward to see Batman v Superman (also, after playing a lot of Arkham Knight lately, that shot of Batman using his batclaw to zip away really pleased my inner fanboy).
    Suicide Squad, though... I thought that trailer looked really, really terrible. The character design is just awful: from the incredibly bad Killer Croc prosthetics to the Juggalo look of Joker and Harley to the costumes that look like very low-budget cosplay. And although I'm willing to keep an open mind for the actress playing Harley, even though she seemed way too subdued in the trailer, I still think Will Smith is terribly miscast as Deadshot, no matter how much he pushed to play the role... and what makes that even worse is because of his casting, the Arrow tv show is no longer allowed to use Deadshot in their own excellent version of the Suicide Squad, because WB's tv and film departments can't play nice... and Michael Rowe did a really good job with the part (I also like how they actually managed to turn Captain Boomerang into a pretty cool villain too). Finally, Joker... is just a resounding meh so far. Leto's a good actor and he was fantastic in Dallas Buyers Club, but his appearance here just did not leave any particular impression on me at all, good or bad. What does bug me, though, is that it in that scene in the trailer it appears that Joker will do something to Harleen Quinzel to turn her into Harley, which would completely ruin the character if that really is the way they're going, turning her from a dangerous, insane villain in her own right to a victim who was 'turned bad' by trauma.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably Bananaman as I was a huge fan as a kid. Shame it has a rather tenuous 2015 release date still. The Crow reboot will most likely be awesome too.
  • Um. But what about Dr. Strange? That's probably the one I'm most eager to watch. Other than that, I'd watch it all! A bit terrified to see new X-Men though. I love X-Men and the movies were mostly good. But I'm not a big fan of all that Teenage Mutant X-Men stuff and messing with alternative realities & timelines can do a lot of harm.
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    Ant-Man should be a lot of fun, even without Edgar Wright, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. And to Civil War as well, because the Marvel movies haven't let me down yet. The leaked Deadpool trailer from Comic-Con pretty much nailed it, so that's probably my favorite of the upcoming Fox films, and if X-Men Apocalypse is of the same quality as the previous two X-Men movies, I'll enjoy it as well. I just don't know about the new FF movie, though. Eveything they've shown so far leading up to them getting their powers looks really, really good and is very much in the spirit of the comics... but everything after that looks really mediocre, as is the tired old 'the government wants to use us as weapons' plot. That and Doom must be a really difficult character to bring to the big screen, because he once again looks pretty terrible (I think that, despite how incredibly low budget it was, I think Roger Cormans Doom was still the best-looking of all 3 big screen incarnations).

As for the DC stuff, I actually dig Snyder's visual style, so I'm looking forward to see Batman v Superman (also, after playing a lot of Arkham Knight lately, that shot of Batman using his batclaw to zip away really pleased my inner fanboy).
    Suicide Squad, though... I thought that trailer looked really, really terrible. The character design is just awful: from the incredibly bad Killer Croc prosthetics to the Juggalo look of Joker and Harley to the costumes that look like very low-budget cosplay. And although I'm willing to keep an open mind for the actress playing Harley, even though she seemed way too subdued in the trailer, I still think Will Smith is terribly miscast as Deadshot, no matter how much he pushed to play the role... and what makes that even worse is because of his casting, the Arrow tv show is no longer allowed to use Deadshot in their own excellent version of the Suicide Squad, because WB's tv and film departments can't play nice... and Michael Rowe did a really good job with the part (I also like how they actually managed to turn Captain Boomerang into a pretty cool villain too). Finally, Joker... is just a resounding meh so far. Leto's a good actor and he was fantastic in Dallas Buyers Club, but his appearance here just did not leave any particular impression on me at all, good or bad. What does bug me, though, is that it in that scene in the trailer it appears that Joker will do something to Harleen Quinzel to turn her into Harley, which would completely ruin the character if that really is the way they're going, turning her from a dangerous, insane villain in her own right to a victim who was 'turned bad' by trauma.
    will smith pushed for deadshot? did he push for Satan too in that horrible 2014 movie?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blade?

But really, Guardians 2 & Avengers Infinity War. Still not sure about civil war. The cinematic universe just hadn't introduced enough characters to make it anywhere near the war of the comics.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    will smith pushed for deadshot? did he push for Satan too in that horrible 2014 movie?

I had no idea what you were talking about, looked it up, and I now want those 3 minutes of my life back.

Although Russell Crowe was arguably the more painful to watch of the two in that scene.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Fantastic Four, because haters gonna hate, and all that jazz.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    I will love Deadpool. However, Harley Quinn (I know, DC) makes me crumble to my knees (exactly the opposite of what she likes). I fantasize her joining ranks with Black Widow, Psylocke, Maria Hill, Kitty Pride, Rogue, and Scarlet Witch. Although I like her more modern and not clowned out.

Hot Toys is making Maria Hill 12" and Scarlet Witch 12" figures which I have on pre-order. Will go well with my Black Widow 12".
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    X-Men, Ant-Man, Civil War, in that order. Now that it seems Fox realizes that X-Men films deserve good writing, I cannot wait to see how this plays out. In all honesty I would prefer to see Marvel Studios get their hands on the license, if for no other reason than to get all the characters able to cross-pollinate each other's films. I can survive if the movies are good, though.

Although the Nolan Batman flicks are outstanding, I find it hard to be excited about DC movies in general. I just can't shake the sense that DC is overall weaksauce compared to Marvel and can't really get excited about their characters apart from Batman.
  • I will love Deadpool. However, Harley Quinn (I know, DC) makes me crumble to my knees (exactly the opposite of what she likes). I fantasize her joining ranks with Black Widow, Psylocke, Maria Hill, Kitty Pride, Rogue, and Scarlet Witch. Although I like her more modern and not clowned out.

Hot Toys is making Maria Hill 12" and Scarlet Witch 12" figures which I have on pre-order. Will go well with my Black Widow 12".
    someone likes their waifus, eh?
    El Satanno wrote:
    X-Men, Ant-Man, Civil War, in that order. Now that it seems Fox realizes that X-Men films deserve good writing, I cannot wait to see how this plays out. In all honesty I would prefer to see Marvel Studios get their hands on the license, if for no other reason than to get all the characters able to cross-pollinate each other's films. I can survive if the movies are good, though.

Although the Nolan Batman flicks are outstanding, I find it hard to be excited about DC movies in general. I just can't shake the sense that DC is overall weaksauce compared to Marvel and can't really get excited about their characters apart from Batman.
    well here's the thing..Marvel has found its secret formula(though the more i think about age of ultron, the weirder it is) while DC likes to reboot everything every 5 seconds and they can't even bring themselves to say the characters names in their movies.

As well as being "GRITTY AND REALISTIC FOR REAL MENZ".....I dunno. I'll probably go see the movie but as has been discussed, Man of steel was a fail, wonder woman isn't getting her own flick.

And really, at this point they're following in the footsteps of Marvel(it's hard not to considering MCU's success).

DC's big screen missteps have been big.

But at the same time, their straight to DVD stuff is usually excellent. They need to harvest that and export it. Bruce Timm y'all.
  • Malcrof
    I excluded some that were too far out in release dates.. marvel has posted their timeline of movies through 2028, was not about to put that whole thing up there.. kept it to the ones coming out soonest.
  • I'm really looking forward to Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War. I'm sure I'll see Batman v. Superman, Deadpool, and X-Men: Apocalypse. Suicide Squad may depend on reviews. I have no idea who Bananaman is, and Wikipedia didn't help much. The other movie doesn't exist.
  • For me, it's Antman, Civil War and Batman vs Superman.

X-Men: Age of Apocalypse - I found Apocalypse disappointing as he looks nothing like his comic version. I liked how Storm looks in the movie despite that I hate the Mohawk in general.
    Fantastic Four - Meh. I'll probably watch it on DVD.
    BananaMan - ****? Is this really a movie?
    Suicide Squad - I couldn't care less.
    Deadpool - I hope it's good so that people will stop talking about how much they want a Deadpool movie. Unless they start talking about how much they want a sequel.
  • JVReal
    Malcrof wrote:
    I excluded some that were too far out in release dates.. marvel has posted their timeline of movies through 2028, was not about to put that whole thing up there.. kept it to the ones coming out soonest.
    They have a release timeline all the way to 2028? They think this trend will last another 13 years? I'm not as optimistic.
  • Malcrof
    JVReal wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    They have a release timeline all the way to 2028? They think this trend will last another 13 years? I'm not as optimistic.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Phase_Four
  • Did anyone see the Ant-Man trailer with Falcon in it?
  • JVReal
    Did anyone see the Ant-Man trailer with Falcon in it?
    Was he flying and saying: "Hey, everyone looks like ants from up here?" ?
  • JVReal wrote:
    Did anyone see the Ant-Man trailer with Falcon in it?
    Was he flying and saying: "Hey, everyone looks like ants from up here?" ?

Didn't have volume on when I watched it, but he was shooting the tinykitty out of something.