*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• Ok thank you very much, I didn't even try this ^^
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I am confused, when people are talking about getting double AP, are they referring to charged tiles or regular tiles?
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    I am confused, when people are talking about getting double AP, are they referring to charged tiles or regular tiles?
    Non-charged tiles.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    notamutant wrote:

No, I tested it as well with a 4/4/5 SW and no charged tiles on the board. Selected tile gains 1x ap, tiles shattered around it gain 2x ap.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    notamutant wrote:

Assume this is the bottom of the board:

blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.png
    yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png
    purpletile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png

Say you dropped hexbolt on the spot now indicated by a team up tile and grabbed the tiles now represented by crits:

blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredcrit.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.png
    yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreencrit.pngtutile.pngredcrit.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png
    purpletile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngredcrit.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png

You would get one purple AP from the tile you selected and you would get six red AP from the red tiles and two green AP from the green tile.

Using the side wall is a great way to ensure that you get a lot of AP in the color that you need.

It is listed as a bug on the wiki, but I've never seen an official comment from a developer saying that it isn't working as intended.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... a_Maximoff)

Given that it costs 8 AP, does negligible damage, and the AP generation is random, I wouldn't say that it is a bug that really needs addressing compared to other 3* 5 cover abilities.

If anything, I'd make it so that at five covers her purple can't stun a downed character, which would convince a lot more people to go from 4/5 in green to 5 in purple.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2015
    In my opinion, mpq is "fixing" something just to fix it. I think hex bolt is fine the way it is and plays like a balanced ability in its current ap gain form. Therfore, I don't see any point in fixing something just because the balance came by accident instead of by design. In the end, balance is more important than original intent.

However, for players that believe hex bolt is overpowered and needs to be nerfed to its original ability wording, you are free to vote your mind as well.

Edited to add final poll results

Item - Votes - % of Total Votes
    Fix hex bolt, it's too powerful. - 2 - 4%
    Don't fix hex bolt, the ability is fine as it is. - 46 - 96%
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Yeah, they got it wrong. The only way Hexbolt makes sense is if it turns 8 Green AP into 9 Random AP. It does next to no damage, can't do perfectly targeted tile destruction, and costs quite a bit for the small opportunity.

I've sold five or six purple SW covers that I would now like back. I'm not going to sell my SW as a result of this change, but I would like to respec her to 5/3/5.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    I'm not sure anymore. Ebola said the same thing- that the random Ap gets doubled, which is a distinct difference. Maybe its an unwritten perk for going 5 in green? No idea, but I will test soon.
    I've got 4 in green, and it still doubles.

Welp, since there goes that... 5/3/5 after hotfix? There's a sweet purple waiting for me in Thick as Thieves.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Its "fixes" like this that end up causing people to lose faith in D3. When they show they can fix something in less than 24 hours (yes, I know people have been aware of it for 2+ months) it makes us wonder why they are so slow in other areas and why the attention was focused on this issue, particularly the Hex Bolt one where it was closer to balanced BEFORE the fix.

And to add, the double cover for the next PVE is SW GREEN. LIke that is random.
  • doesn't matter what I think, D3 fixes things like 4*thor for no reason
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not enough poll options, so I didn't vote. However, I think they should "fix" it simply because people decided to blab about it ON THE FORUMS. If you are wondering why you don't get nice things, this is why.

It doesn't really bother me, I just respec'd from 445 to 535 - I decided that I value the longer stun over the extra AP.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:

Charged tiles were generating 6 AP if you destroyed them. Was playing against the Rag in prologue, let him get off blue, hit 2 clumped together green charged tiles and ended up at +4 net green AP for my efforts (plus the other 5 AP). The only issue was that the game remembers who created the charged tiles and labels them as friendly / enemy, you were unable to exploit this yourself with a 4hor teammate.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    Ruinate wrote:
    Welp, since there goes that... 5/3/5 after hotfix? There's a sweet purple waiting for me in Thick as Thieves.

I've been running her as 5/3/5 for quite a while. You tend to be able to get enough AP to fire off Reality Crush twice in a match, due to Arcane Incantation. The first firing tends to occur quite early, and doesn't tend to down an opponent, so the stun does hit somebody. The second firing tends to occur when there's only one opponent left standing, which effectively ends the match.

Edited because I clearly get Ororo and Wanda confused.
  • morph3us wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

I've been running her as 5/3/5 for quite a while. You tend to be able to get enough AP to fire off Reality Storm twice in a match, due to Arcane Incantation. The first firing tends to occur quite early, and doesn't tend to down an opponent, so the stun does hit somebody. The second firing tends to occur when there's only one opponent left standing, which effectively ends the match.
    reality storm? u have secret info about buff?

~~~~~

also with this scarlet witch bug fixing, are they gonna clarify how charged tiles should interact with hex bolt?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone noticed Scarlet + Hawkeye Easter Egg?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=HamtBd-UBeI
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    I don't understand what I was supposed to see.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    turul wrote:
    I don't understand what I was supposed to see.

Look at the CD tiles created at about 2:10...
    Anything unusual?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    the match ends before 2:10... what's the egg here? :3
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think he's got the times wrong.

Arcane Incantation goes off around 1:27. There are no Speed Shot tiles on the board. Then it resolves, creating a big cascade. Once the board is stable again, there are two sets of countdown tiles. There are 3 at 2 turns, and another 3 at 1 turn. The seconds set counts down around 1:35.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    I think he's got the times wrong.

Arcane Incantation goes off around 1:27. There are no Speed Shot tiles on the board. Then it resolves, creating a big cascade. Once the board is stable again, there are two sets of countdown tiles. There are 3 at 2 turns, and another 3 at 1 turn. The seconds set counts down around 1:35.

When you get a match 5, technically it ends the turn, even if from an ability, so a cascade generating 2 will cause countdowns created by the first one to go down..that is why some were at 1 and others at 2, even though it appears to have been created on the same move, it was actually multiple "turns".

So just to clarify.. a match 5 gives you another turn.. cd tiles react to this.. even if made by a skill. SW causing a match 5 will lower Caps tiles by 1 as well.