*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• Huatimus wrote:
    You can't destroy your OWN charged tiles. You can destroy the opponent's charged tiles and I'm sure you know how often we see Ragnarok as an opponent.
    rag is a joke and this interaction is most likely bugged
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huatimus wrote:
    I personally think that 5 green is a lot more useful. The AP generation from the 4 surrounding tiles are doubled which means you get 9 AP back for spending 8 green. (If it destroys a green charged tile, you get 6 green AP back). So if the board has a lot of green, or pesky tiles to get rid of, or in general just fulfilling her support role as a AP battery, 5 in green would help out a lot more.

Is it a bug that she gets 9 ap? From the description, she gets 1 selected tile, and 5 random tile around it. That should be 6 ap gained, from 8 green ap.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    I don't know if it's designer's intent or not, but currently it works like that. And it is 4 tiles surrounding the 1 tile, so even with your scenario is 4+1=5, not 6.

Hmm, actually upon re-reading the description, since level 5 restricts the destruction to non-friendly tiles, I would assume that at level 4, you CAN destroy your own charged tiles?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huatimus wrote:
    your own charged tiles?
    There's no such thing. There's no ownership of charged tiles.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    You cannot destroy your own charged tiles, but you can destroy them if an enemy created them.

My witch has 5 in green and I hate it. She is exclusively partnered with Gsbw/KK and even then I want to switch her out to 5 purple. 5ap back for 8 is **** and the %chance to miss an enemy countdown tile is too high. Her green has let me down many times. I'd rather go 5 purple and have her be a much more flexible character even if her purple won't be used with Gsbw/KK/DP.

I want to run Beast/Witch SO bad.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Huatimus wrote:
    your own charged tiles?
    There's no such thing. There's no ownership of charged tiles.

And yet, she won't destroy them. So I think there is ownership of charged tiles, it's just meaningless ownership. There shouldn't be, but there is.
  • simonsez
    Ruinate wrote:
    My witch has 5 in green and I hate it. She is exclusively partnered with Gsbw/KK and even then I want to switch her out to 5 purple.
    Does a team that (except for GSBW's awful red) only has actives on purple and green actually work? Seems like too many eggs one basket.
  • atomzed wrote:
    Huatimus wrote:
    I personally think that 5 green is a lot more useful. The AP generation from the 4 surrounding tiles are doubled which means you get 9 AP back for spending 8 green. (If it destroys a green charged tile, you get 6 green AP back). So if the board has a lot of green, or pesky tiles to get rid of, or in general just fulfilling her support role as a AP battery, 5 in green would help out a lot more.

Is it a bug that she gets 9 ap? From the description, she gets 1 selected tile, and 5 random tile around it. That should be 6 ap gained, from 8 green ap.
    its a bug she doesn't/does destroy charge tiles based on whether they're yours or your enemies. Honestly, I'd like clarification from D3 on the whole thing because obviously, if you can pop a charged tile for AP, friendly or not, you're gonna want to.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    You cannot destroy your own charged tiles, but you can destroy them if an enemy created them.

My witch has 5 in green and I hate it. She is exclusively partnered with Gsbw/KK and even then I want to switch her out to 5 purple. 5ap back for 8 is **** and the %chance to miss an enemy countdown tile is too high. Her green has let me down many times. I'd rather go 5 purple and have her be a much more flexible character even if her purple won't be used with Gsbw/KK/DP.

I want to run Beast/Witch SO bad.

Except, like previously stated, you are getting 9 AP back for 8 AP due to the doubling of the four random. I prefer to think of green as a localized Lightning Storm, where you trade green AP for slightly more overall AP in other colors, but you get a 50% or better chance of hitting 1 particular tile.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    My witch has 5 in green and I hate it. She is exclusively partnered with Gsbw/KK and even then I want to switch her out to 5 purple.
    Does a team that (except for GSBW's awful red) only has actives on purple and green actually work? Seems like too many eggs one basket.

I don't know about that team, but I've been using Charlie's Angels (Prof X, SW and GSBW) as a climb team in shield sim of late and that works really well. GSBW is the only one who really takes any damage (I still need to max level my SW), but usually the match is over fast enough that she's in no real danger.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Come on now, just because it doesn't work the way that you personally think it should makes you assume that it's a bug? It is also not the first time that it's been posted that you cannot destroy your OWN charged tile, and you're very welcome to test it out for yourself rather than assuming there's no such thing. All I'm doing is just raising awareness that 5 green is just as viable a build (and better than 5 purple imho).

Prof X, SW, GSBW is probably one of the most best PVE teams around if Prof X has 5/?/0. Totally would suck for PVP defense though.
  • Huatimus wrote:
    Come on now, just because it doesn't work the way that you personally think it should makes you assume that it's a bug? It is also not the first time that it's been posted that you cannot destroy your OWN charged tile, and you're very welcome to test it out for yourself rather than assuming there's no such thing. All I'm doing is just raising awareness that 5 green is just as viable a build (and better than 5 purple imho).

Prof X, SW, GSBW is probably one of the most best PVE teams around if Prof X has 5/?/0. Totally would suck for PVP defense though.
    who said dat?

I said I would like clarification from D3, because right now SWitch's charged interactions are whacked out

never said it didn't happen
  • Ruinate
    simonsez wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

You're right. Without a proper third, they aren't that great. My favorite is Magneto simply because tile conversion without any team-ups in the way is amazing and he has a single target nuke that the pair sorely lack. Ap generation is on par with the girls team but do more damage faster. This is my go-to whenever I get to pick my 3 heroes and they are awesome at waves as well. My favorite part is that no bad board is ever crippling because your ability to reset the board comes free.
    Except, like previously stated, you are getting 9 AP back for 8 AP due to the doubling of the four random. I prefer to think of green as a localized Lightning Storm, where you trade green AP for slightly more overall AP in other colors, but you get a 50% or better chance of hitting 1 particular tile.

I thought he was flat out wrong when he said you get 9 ap back. The wiki and front page of this thread has no mention about double Ap. But if this is the case, then I must reevaluate. I had no idea.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate wrote:

I thought he was flat out wrong when he said you get 9 ap back. The wiki and front page of this thread has no mention about double Ap. But if this is the case, then I must reevaluate. I had no idea.

Think this was in response to charged tiles vs basic.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I run 4/4/5.

Don't really use her purple/green, but when I do, I like having the utility of both the extra stun at 4 purple, and the extra AP at 4 green.
  • Ruinate
    Malcrof wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Think this was in response to charged tiles vs basic.

I'm not sure anymore. Ebola said the same thing- that the random Ap gets doubled, which is a distinct difference. Maybe its an unwritten perk for going 5 in green? No idea, but I will test soon.
  • simonsez
    Ruinate wrote:
    I'm not sure anymore. Ebola said the same thing- that the random Ap gets doubled, which is a distinct difference. Maybe its an unwritten perk for going 5 in green? No idea, but I will test soon.
    I've got 4 in green, and it still doubles.
  • I possess Scarlet Witch covers but when i try to do the deadpool's daily, it says I don't.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need to pick her out of your roster - the auto-select for required characters is broken (or possibly disabled on purpose, it comes to the same thing) in the latest patch.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    I've got 4 in green, and it still doubles.

I got 3 green and it doubles the AP from the non selected tiles. If this is a bug then I'm staying 5/3/5. If this is intended then 4/4/5 may be the better option as its a net gain of 2 more AP