PVE: Enemy of the State (July 9-17)

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind of enjoyed Torch's essential, the 5-wave survival.

blackflag.png + greenflag.png = everyone just burns to death.

I've really half-assed this event thus far, until today, and clearing that essential node twice pushed me nearly to T200 and has me over 1/3 of the way to the Torch progression. Maybe I'll get it after all.
  • Dunno what was going on, but on the x-mansion sub, I just did the "bring the ruckus" node and upon completion it showed zeros for both scores on the result.... checked the enemy of the state main overall score and it seems I lost the 400 or so points from the node not registering!

I'd been wondering why the first two placed guys in the overall have managed to pull away from me given I matched them score for score pretty much all the way even in the final 3 or 4 hour grind down on the sub ending and even bringing into minor rubberbanding score considerations... Seems at certain points my nodes aren't registering the score gains!

If anything I suspect the last few hours of this event is going to crash the servers... cause given past experience this is always a symptom of server problems when the load gets heavier towards the end! Gonna be a bumpy ride!
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Dunno what was going on, but on the x-mansion sub, I just did the "bring the ruckus" node and upon completion it showed zeros for both scores on the result.... checked the enemy of the state main overall score and it seems I lost the 400 or so points from the node not registering!

I'd been wondering why the first two placed guys in the overall have managed to pull away from me given I matched them score for score pretty much all the way even in the final 3 or 4 hour grind down on the sub ending and even bringing into minor rubberbanding score considerations... Seems at certain points my nodes aren't registering the score gains!

If anything I suspect the last few hours of this event is going to crash the servers... cause given past experience this is always a symptom of server problems when the load gets heavier towards the end! Gonna be a bumpy ride!

Zero point nodes also last few events. Frustrating. Especially when it is survival waves with decent points.

In my bracket the leader has a slight lead because he ground down the replayable opening node in the first sub. Lot of people didn't thinking it would stay open.

Yeah, Torchs fire and forget black and green are a blast. Just need to concentrate on the captain.
  • optimus2861
    Torch + 2* Mag + either Cap = easy breezy survival nodes. I have to settle for 2* Cap since my 3* is still a work in progress, but it still makes life a lot easier to overwrite all those wretched eattack.png and countdowns.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grind grind grind. Grindy grind, grind grind grind. Grind? Grinding Grind grind grind grind, grind grind grind, grind.
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I have found that Falcon+Spiderman+Offensive (Thor, Torch, Punisher) work really well during the waves. Pop a few Spiderman protect tiles early on and match yellow to beef them up. The ninja's countdown tiles never exceeded "1" damage to me since some protect tiles got up to 800.

Just remember to finish a wave with a power, that way when Wolverine jumps in you can stun or obliterate him with Call the Storm. The match may take 10-15 minutes but you take almost no damage and defeat those five waves fairly easy.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Suggestion: Make Survival Nodes one time only for points (ala Antman PVE) and only go back either if you wipe to get full points or for node rewards.

Seriously... If you're going for placement and then need to grind down all these survival nodes (which takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes to grind a single node down to single digits), it's one of the worst pve grinds out there, lol. These Survival Nodes are worth waaaaaay too many points as-is and seriously inflate the points per sub. This becomes more evident I think in the next/current sub with no Survival Nodes (which happens to be the only sub I like in EoTS even with Gorgon/Wolverine everywhere, lol).

Ok, maybe it's just me that hates grinding survival nodes, most folks seem to really like them (which I do, when it's only one time!).
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    I have found that Falcon+Spiderman+Offensive (Thor, Torch, Punisher) work really well during the waves. Pop a few Spiderman protect tiles early on and match yellow to beef them up. The ninja's countdown tiles never exceeded "1" damage to me since some protect tiles got up to 800.

Just remember to finish a wave with a power, that way when Wolverine jumps in you can stun or obliterate him with Call the Storm. The match may take 10-15 minutes but you take almost no damage and defeat those five waves fairly easy.
    steve rogers is falcon and spiderman in one in these long drawn out nodes, good explanation tho
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Suggestion: Make Survival Nodes one time only for points (ala Antman PVE) and only go back either if you wipe to get full points or for node rewards.

Seriously... If you're going for placement and then need to grind down all these survival nodes (which takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes to grind a single node down to single digits), it's one of the worst pve grinds out there, lol. These Survival Nodes are worth waaaaaay too many points as-is and seriously inflate the points per sub. This becomes more evident I think in the next/current sub with no Survival Nodes (which happens to be the only sub I like in EoTS even with Gorgon/Wolverine everywhere, lol).

Ok, maybe it's just me that hates grinding survival nodes, most folks seem to really like them (which I do, when it's only one time!).

dont' change survival nodes, d3 i like free points

in response to the upvote: 2*Cap pretty much does the same thing
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Feeling this one. Sitting at #2 currently and thinking about stopping cold turkey. These 7 day long events are burnout drivers.
  • finished enemy of the state x-mansion sub on my stream if anyone wants to see the lowdown on the survival nodes icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scoregasms wrote:

heres a better suggestion, never run the event again icon_e_smile.gif at least not with a 4 star for the reward.
  • slidecage wrote:
    Scoregasms wrote:

heres a better suggestion, never run the event again icon_e_smile.gif at least not with a 4 star for the reward.
    dont listen, run the event alot so i can get free tokens and bloated free points
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scoregasms wrote:

I actually like Survival nodes, once you get started you can usually blaze through the later waves.

What I'm here to complain about is how all 6 of the nodes in the new sub feature Wolverine/Gorgon and goon feeders. The f happened to reevaluating PvE and getting rid of feeder fights? If the board is bad the game gets drawn out and you start losing characters by turn 4. Facing 1 hard feeder fight per sub wasn't so bad but 6 is ridiculous, especially in the essentials where we're bringing along a 2* and terrible 4*. Elektra is only barely playable with Patch and he's locked out, I spent 16 AP for around 500 worth of strike tiles with Elektra / She Hulk.
  • optimus2861
    dkffiv wrote:
    What I'm here to complain about is how all 6 of the nodes in the new sub feature Wolverine/Gorgon and goon feeders. The f happened to reevaluating PvE and getting rid of feeder fights?
    Man, I had forgotten how much this sub SUCKS. Wolvie's free Adamantium Slashes, on top of eating all the rest of the ninja skills, is just painfully frustrating (or Gorgon gets free Debilitating Slashes!). Even the essential nodes, which usually tend to be a little easier, feature this dynamic.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    What I'm here to complain about is how all 6 of the nodes in the new sub feature Wolverine/Gorgon and goon feeders. The f happened to reevaluating PvE and getting rid of feeder fights?
    Man, I had forgotten how much this sub SUCKS. Wolvie's free Adamantium Slashes, on top of eating all the rest of the ninja skills, is just painfully frustrating (or Gorgon gets free Debilitating Slashes!). Even the essential nodes, which usually tend to be a little easier, feature this dynamic.

And it is a sub that does not reward a token during the nodes icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I never thought I'd say that I wish the ninjas would spam Strength in Numbers more.

Do not jam up red tiles with Daken! You will pay with your life!
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Chief270 wrote:
    Feeling this one. Sitting at #2 currently and thinking about stopping cold turkey. These 7 day long events are burnout drivers.

Didn't grind out the last sub(the one with all the survival nodes) with the full intention of quitting the event.

Woke up this morning still in 2nd place. Well out of reach of the #1 spot now, but apparently everyone else didn't bother grinding it out either. lol. After a night off(with no ranking change), I'm a little more revitalized to finish this out.
  • skippytx
    skippytx Posts: 89
    I'm not finding this event difficult at all. HT, Falcon, Daken all being boosted makes short work of almost all the nodes.

Any idea of the last sub or two format? I have enjoyed the lack of survival style nodes, those things can take a lot of time to get through.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    skippytx wrote:
    I'm not finding this event difficult at all. HT, Falcon, Daken all being boosted makes short work of almost all the nodes.

Any idea of the last sub or two format? I have enjoyed the lack of survival style nodes, those things can take a lot of time to get through.

bring back survival nodes if they come with event tokens please.

At least give us 1 to get a token, maybe a 1 time clear one.. those tokens are about the only thing keeping me going right now.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Scoregasms wrote:

I LOVE grinding the survival nodes. They are the reason that Enemy of the State is my favorite event. I honestly hate the fact that there are no survival nodes in the Hell's Kitchen sub. I'll probably fall way out of top 25 because I don't want to grind these nodes at all.