*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate wrote:
    So Witch, CMag, and Grey Suit is my goto team for overscaled nodes. It works very, very well for me. However in one match, i had a bad board and Grey Suit and Mag died early against a Rag + 2 villains team. This left just my 1/5/5 Witch and I was sure I was going to lose. I managed to win by Hex Bolting charged green tiles over and over. So i was thinking maybe Witch + Rag + a strike tile generator might be pretty decent. Problem is I cant really think of a good third and I don't have any usable 4*. Could a team comp like that be viable? Has anyone done it?

You can't destroy charged tiles created by your own team
    She's pretty amazing with any purple user. I was cleaning up with her and Fury, Escape Plan everywhere! Hex Bolt is nice in a pinch too when you need those last couple AP.

I ran SW Fury (DP, Torch, Punisher) on the last Nick Fury essential against the Hood. My witch is 5/3/5 so sometimes I'd use her 5 turn stun over Escape Plan depending on what the enemy team looked like.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

I tested it and damn, you are right. I was under the assumption that charged tiles would be neutral.
  • Ruinate wrote:

I tested it and damn, you are right. I was under the assumption that charged tiles would be neutral.
    can u convert charge tiles colors?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Tested with Rag + Mnmag. Cannot change colors of charged tiles.

Did a little more testing with Hex Bolt and it never seems to destroy charged tiles created by my Rag.
  • Ruinate wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Tested with Rag + Mnmag. Cannot change colors of charged tiles.

Did a little more testing with Hex Bolt and it never seems to destroy charged tiles created by my Rag.
    thx that sucks....it seems like u can change colors of different types of tiles(trap, I know) oh well
  • Traps are a weird convergence where the tile is still considered "basic" by the game, even tho it contains a trap. Enemy Daken's can overwrite your traps when they convert "basic" red tiles to strikes. Enemy Patches can also overwrite your Doom traps with strikes. You never overwrite your own traps tho, so they exist in this weird limbo state of basic/not basic depending on who owns the trap I guess.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    traedoril wrote:
    So I am running her at lvl 166 with 5/3/5. Is this properly covered? I find her green lacking (though it does return ap) and 5 purple every 5 turns (it gets matched by either the ai or random match every other turn on average) adds up really quickly. Comments?
    I'm on record in this thread as saying 5 in green was a lousy upgrade over 3 in green, but after using her a lot, the purple is completely useless. I've never needed to use it ever, but there have been times when an undercovered green has hurt. Specifically, if I need some purple to get GSBW/PX going again, and I use the green to try to pop one, and it misses.

I'd go the other way. 5 purple is actually pretty useful. With 5 in blue, you generally will get enough purple AP to fire off Reality Crush twice in a match. The first time, it doesn't really matter who you stun, that's a character effectively out of the match. The second time is when you use it against the last man standing. As you mentioned, if you're playing Hulk, there's only a 1/3 chance of stunning him with the first Reality Crush, but you can deal with a single Anger tile if you miss him the first time, and then the second time, you're guaranteed to stun him for 5 turns.
  • I'm with you Morph3us, but since he is using SW/PX/GSBW he is clearly using SW to feed purple to the other two and crit sandwich the enemy team to death, so he's gaining no value from SW purpleflag.png

If the stun on dead guy thing was fixed, I would be totally OK with SW's purpleflag.png power level. It's basically Call the Storm but you trade 2200 damage for a 5 turn stun, which is fine. Except sometimes you don't get the stun at all so then you just traded for magic beans and got burned. As it stands right now because of this issue I think she is relegated to AP generator and 3/5/5 is probably her best build. It makes me truly sad to type this.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    I'm a total fanboy of her, every single PVE node i use her with Professor X/Grey Suit Black Widow, and other than some match damage that's mostly the only damage i take, and that teams strongest color is purple so it'll feed into an amazing loop. I am 5/3/5 cause to me her green while good is totally random in which tiles it destroys, so more often than not you'll end up not even touching the tile you wanted gone.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Lerysh wrote:
    I'm with you Morph3us, but since he is using SW/PX/GSBW he is clearly using SW to feed purple to the other two and crit sandwich the enemy team to death, so he's gaining no value from SW purpleflag.png

If the stun on dead guy thing was fixed, I would be totally OK with SW's purpleflag.png power level. It's basically Call the Storm but you trade 2200 damage for a 5 turn stun, which is fine. Except sometimes you don't get the stun at all so then you just traded for magic beans and got burned. As it stands right now because of this issue I think she is relegated to AP generator and 3/5/5 is probably her best build. It makes me truly sad to type this.

That's how I'm using her, because 11 Purple AP becomes a near automatic win.

The GSBW Infinite Combo:

At five covers, deceptive tactics requires 11 purple AP, provides 6 green to place anywhere on the board.

This usually yields two match 5s for 10 green AP+.

At 5 covers Master Plan gives 4 AP in the strongest colour and deals damage for every match 5. If that is purple, you regain 8 purple AP towards casting deceptive tactics again.

At 5 covers, Hex Bolt gathers AP from 1 random and four surrounding tiles for 8 green AP.

Scarlet Witch's Arcane Incantation delivers 5 purple tiles which has ~50% chance of making a crit (thus activating Master Plan and giving you four more purple AP).

This combination allows for infinite turns of Giant Head of Death crit damage, allowing you to finish off even the most difficult combinations in minutes.

What you need:

SW 3/5/5, preferably at level 166.
    GSBW X/X/5, at any level.
    PX 5/X/X, low enough level that the team's strongest color remains purple and hopefully so that he can hide behind Scarlet Witch on his blue tiles.

Purple AP is all you need to gather. If you can't get any:

Gather Red to activate Pistol to clean up the board.
    Gather Green to activate Hexbolt.
    Gather Teamup tiles to allow for better tile combinations on your Deceptive Tactics.
    Gather Blue AP to protect your Arcane Incantation.

My PX has 5/0/5 right now, but I wish I had left points out of his yellow cover. As GSBW cannot overwrite the special tiles and the hexbolt cannot gather your own special tiles, all those special tiles just make it harder to get floating heads of death.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Anyone else get really excited when they see the AI leave a match five, only to have the CD tile appear and break the combo?

Seems to happen a lot. My CD tile is cursed to break my match fives, make blue matches that I don't need, or to appear in the corner or next to a bunch of special tiles (causing only 1 or two purple tiles to be produced).
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Buret0 wrote:
    Anyone else get really excited when they see the AI leave a match five, only to have the CD tile appear and break the combo?

Seems to happen a lot. My CD tile is cursed to break my match fives, make blue matches that I don't need, or to appear in the corner or next to a bunch of special tiles (causing only 1 or two purple tiles to be produced).

Yes, she ruins ready to go match 5's and also places her blue tile always next to other blue tiles. So it either auto-matches making you wait another turn to start to wait for her goods or lines up a blue match for the enemy. Or sometimes becomes the only move you can make: matching away her CD.

However if you survive the above bad luck, she makes the best supporting character ever. I see everyone else has figured out the SW/GSBW/PX combo too.
    I currently have SW 2/2/5, GSBW 4/4/5, and PX 4/1/2. Tomorrow I get to change GSBW to 5/3/5! I will probably HP my PX to 5 blue.

Another decent combo is SW/Kingpin/Doom. Kingpin can use her CD and Doom can use her purple.
  • Buret0 wrote:

Yes, she ruins ready to go match 5's and also places her blue tile always next to other blue tiles. So it either auto-matches making you wait another turn to start to wait for her goods or lines up a blue match for the enemy. Or sometimes becomes the only move you can make: matching away her CD.

However if you survive the above bad luck, she makes the best supporting character ever. I see everyone else has figured out the SW/GSBW/PX combo too.
    I currently have SW 2/2/5, GSBW 4/4/5, and PX 4/1/2. Tomorrow I get to change GSBW to 5/3/5! I will probably HP my PX to 5 blue.

Another decent combo is SW/Kingpin/Doom. Kingpin can use her CD and Doom can use her purple.
    Yesterday I had the passive pop for a 19 match. Just a gigantic purple blob.

I'm not going to complain about this skill ever.
  • OH MY SHUMA GORATH SHE'S SOOOOO GOOD AND FUN TO PLAY AND I ONLY HAVE HER AT 3/3/3 icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    OH MY SHUMA GORATH SHE'S SOOOOO GOOD AND FUN TO PLAY AND I ONLY HAVE HER AT 3/3/3 icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif

Yup! That was my response when I max cover her and brought her out for a ride. With her 5 blue, it was purple heaven! When I play with SW and KK, there's so much purple that I was able to use KK Inhuman Stretchiness multiple times.

And I also found that when I use her, the puzzle experience changes. I find that I try to protect her blue CD tiles by matching away other blue tiles or to separate the blue CD tile from other blue tiles.

She is a really well designed character.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    I'm having a hard time picking a "bad" build with her, but is there really a best build? Her best build really seems dependent on who you run with her.

Once this upcoming round of DDQ hits, I'll have her at 454 which I'm pretty ok with - still maxing stun, only missing one tile of purple conversion, and picking and choosing whatever tiles I want from her green.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Jathro wrote:
    I'm having a hard time picking a "bad" build with her, but is there really a best build? Her best build really seems dependent on who you run with her.

Once this upcoming round of DDQ hits, I'll have her at 454 which I'm pretty ok with - still maxing stun, only missing one tile of purple conversion, and picking and choosing whatever tiles I want from her green.

Not having 5 in blue is a bad build. Otherwise, it is all a question of who you run her with. Generally I would say if you take her alone, 5/3/5, which is much more dependable. As we can see from how D3 runs boosted character weeks, you may never get her on a team that works well, like Deadpool. You would rather a maxed 5 purple in those situations. A maxed green is useful only in specific situations.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    I personally think that 5 green is a lot more useful. The AP generation from the 4 surrounding tiles are doubled which means you get 9 AP back for spending 8 green. (If it destroys a green charged tile, you get 6 green AP back). So if the board has a lot of green, or pesky tiles to get rid of, or in general just fulfilling her support role as a AP battery, 5 in green would help out a lot more.
  • Huatimus wrote:
    I personally think that 5 green is a lot more useful. The AP generation from the 4 surrounding tiles are doubled which means you get 9 AP back for spending 8 green. (If it destroys a green charged tile, you get 6 green AP back). So if the board has a lot of green, or pesky tiles to get rid of, or in general just fulfilling her support role as a AP battery, 5 in green would help out a lot more.
    can't destroy charged viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28208&start=220#p371135
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    You can't destroy your OWN charged tiles. You can destroy the opponent's charged tiles and I'm sure you know how often we see Ragnarok as an opponent.