*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/5 seems to be doing perfectly for me, no plan on re-speccing. The heal is enough to help you survice, and it creates enough green to give her the AP she needs.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    4/4/5 seems to be doing perfectly for me, no plan on re-speccing. The heal is enough to help you survice, and it creates enough green to give her the AP she needs.

2 extra tiles is huge, a lot of times there is potential for the board to make multiples match 4/5s if the right tiles are converted and it definitely helps. Unless you've got a really fast team I find the heals to be kinda inconsequential, once you get to the point where you can cast a move, you usually end up casting 2-3 in a row (as the AP starts coming in) and the enemy team is either dead or sufficiently under control. The heal is most useful if you go into battle already damaged to help you stabilize before you hit the AP breakpoint.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

2 extra tiles is huge, a lot of times there is potential for the board to make multiples match 4/5s if the right tiles are converted and it definitely helps. Unless you've got a really fast team I find the heals to be kinda inconsequential, once you get to the point where you can cast a move, you usually end up casting 2-3 in a row (as the AP starts coming in) and the enemy team is either dead or sufficiently under control. The heal is most useful if you go into battle already damaged to help you stabilize before you hit the AP breakpoint.

I use her mostly with Hulk (3/5/5), her heal offsets the anger damage.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    355 is definitely better for offense...esp if you pair her with SW to charge her purple quickly.

But I'm planning on using 535 KK paired with Carnage and Luke Cage for defense.

The 5 yellow is much more annoying for defense than having 5 purple.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    moogles85 wrote:
    Maybe it's just me, but a 15AP cascade annoys me way more than 400 extra health.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I"m still not sure if I'll go 3/5/5 or 5/3/5. I thought even about 4/4/5 but the upgrade from 3 purple to 4 purple isn't worth the downgrade from 5 yellow to 4.

I"m leaning 5/3/5 just because I think the yellow will help more in PvE add to the fact that purple even at level 1 will get me a match 3/4, here's my thought.

3/5/5--Decent heal, goal to accelerate to her massive green AoE

5/3/5--Amazing heal, purple strong enough to acclerate lower costed green's like X-Force, Punisher, Devil Dino, IW etc.

I do want to say, her green is not better than Thor's but is equal. Remember while Thor does less AoE, he does more single target, by an extra 1128, that could mean downing someone or not

Hasn't been talk on her for a long time, and even a couple pages back many didn't have her covered. Curious what everyone thinks now that she's been out for awhile. I've had her at 5/3/5 for awhile and the latest PVP would let me re-spec: but I'm on the thinking with Phaserhawk on this one, I really like 5/3/5. Thinking of using her primarily with IF/Cage to keep cheap abilities for healing.

While characters may be better for hopping with a certain build on O, I try to think of them when they are used/seen the most: featured characters. The AI can't play/plan purple, and it's much more annoying to play against a 5 yellow KK.
    I think the same thing I thought last time this was discussed, maybe it was the character ranking thread: she's best support in game, has 3 very powerful abilities, and has a place on team Girl Power
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    moogles85 wrote:
    Maybe it's just me, but a 15AP cascade annoys me way more than 400 extra health.

Hah! Of course, the extra 400 health is every single power, and the cascade is quite a bit more rare and only after purple power.

The opinions here are great, thanks. Sounds like it is varied for sure. The comparison to SG might sell it - I don't use five yellow on SG either, though I can see how it would be good. However everyone agrees the yellow heal for Groot is better than his power moves...it may come down to who you use her with - and that is sometimes "chosen" for you, with the boosted characters.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    moogles85 wrote:

Hah! Of course, the extra 400 health is every single power, and the cascade is quite a bit more rare and only after purple power.

The opinions here are great, thanks. Sounds like it is varied for sure. The comparison to SG might sell it - I don't use five yellow on SG either, though I can see how it would be good. However everyone agrees the yellow heal for Groot is better than his power moves...it may come down to who you use her with - and that is sometimes "chosen" for you, with the boosted characters.

The only time I've found the heal annoying playing against KK is when the bug happens where it happens every turn. If you focus on one enemy at a time, it has already reduced the effectiveness of yellow by 2/3. If you play it right, the enemy is only going to get one or two powers off before you down KK anyway. If they are firing more powers then that, then you probably are going to lose anyway, even without the additional health the AI gets. It also makes her purple worthless on defense, as there are almost always more than 4 tiles on the board.

The difference between 4 and 7 green tiles is insignificant if you only care about the tile you choose, but is monumental when looking at the board as a whole. I can usually get at least 1-2 match 4s/5s if I wait for the right moment.
  • I finally completed mine as 535 but always wanted her 355. Will make some test runs and see what fits me better. But as it was pointed before, it comes down to your team and you don't have full control over it at all times (because of the weekly buff list).

I like to use hard hitters that need more ap so the heal would trigger less times, but I can see her pairing well with the unusual 535 LDaken as the heal will make the hp drop from heat a manageable problem.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is 355 and I'm very happy with that build but I do intend to make a second 553 support build. In this current PvP I'm running her with 3* Storm and I tend to use her green over Kamala's, ended up using Beast's over hers as well last PvE. Although her green is great, if you have a comparable one I tend to use that instead since she can't proc her own heal.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    moogles85 wrote:

The only time I've found the heal annoying playing against KK is when the bug happens where it happens every turn. If you focus on one enemy at a time, it has already reduced the effectiveness of yellow by 2/3. If you play it right, the enemy is only going to get one or two powers off before you down KK anyway. If they are firing more powers then that, then you probably are going to lose anyway, even without the additional health the AI gets. It also makes her purple worthless on defense, as there are almost always more than 4 tiles on the board.

The difference between 4 and 7 green tiles is insignificant if you only care about the tile you choose, but is monumental when looking at the board as a whole. I can usually get at least 1-2 match 4s/5s if I wait for the right moment.

This is true. On Defense. On Offense damage is way more spread out and KK's heals help you push longer with the same characters and fewer health packs. Plus on offense you will be using way more powers than a supposed KK on defense. Is that important now that you have 10 health packs? I'm not sure.

I have a 4/4/5 KK right now and a purple cover and a yellow cover, so now I have to decide what I want. Alliance mate actually suggested that 4/4/5 is his favorite build for KK, but I feel like too much is lost at 5 covers for both purple and yellow to hybrid. The mere existence of Carnage pushes more for 5 yellow, alleviate some of that self team damage, but as a general purpose character I think 3/5/5 is the way to go.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm running Kamala(3/5/5), Hood (5/5/3) and 4* Thor (4/1/5) as my go-to team in The Hunt. They tear apart even the Ares node in Florida with ease, in no small part thanks to Embiggened Bashes. I'll keep my Kamala 3/5/5. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Angjo
    Angjo Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    All excited at having maxed my KK inspiration struck and I thought I bet she works really well with Falcon, heal kicking in every time redwing swings by.

But nothing, nada, zilch...

Working as intended or a bug?
  • Passive powers will generally not trigger other passive powers. As you can imagine, this is necessary to avoid infinite passive loops.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ...Inhuman Stretchiness power?

I just used it in a battle against some ninjas and it ONLY made the one placed tile change to green. The random ones did not turn.

:+/

There were plenty of tiles that were not TU Tiles and no one had any special tiles on the board.
  • Inhuman Stretchiness only converts basic tiles of the same color as the one you selected. If the tile you selected is the only one of its color, then no other tiles will be converted.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Ugh. Thanks for the info.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    ...Inhuman Stretchiness power?

I just used it in a battle against some ninjas and it ONLY made the one placed tile change to green. The random ones did not turn.

:+/

There were plenty of tiles that were not TU Tiles and no one had any special tiles on the board.

You were fighting Ninjas and they didn't have any special tiles on the board? Were these ninjas perhaps particularly lazy ninjas? Or perhaps the Unstealthiest Ninja?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My Kamala is 4/4/4 because that's just how they landed. I love her, fun character to have on your team for sure. I've been having a blast using her, clops and mags buffed in the Falcon America premier event. I've been trying to decide how to finish her off and even after reading the thread I'm not sure. There is just no dog among her builds and each different one has great pros to it. I wish all the new releases would be this difficult to decide, it would lead to a lot more roster diversity and challenges. Just a great design and I especially love the smart assed grin on her face with the *ding* in her yellow animation.
  • snlf25 wrote:
    My Kamala is 4/4/4 because that's just how they landed. I love her, fun character to have on your team for sure. I've been having a blast using her, clops and mags buffed in the Falcon America premier event. I've been trying to decide how to finish her off and even after reading the thread I'm not sure. There is just no dog among her builds and each different one has great pros to it. I wish all the new releases would be this difficult to decide, it would lead to a lot more roster diversity and challenges. Just a great design and I especially love the smart assed grin on her face with the *ding* in her yellow animation.
    just depends what u want from her