Comments

• wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    raisinbman wrote:
    Squirrel Girl is more powerful and she's playable

true.

tumblr_nn8piv5aZ21rawmemo1_500.png
  • Mr Stoat wrote:
    Just a friendly warning, I was of the same mind for the 1st carnage pve (also a 7dayer) and the last fresh bracket was 4 days before the close of the event and in the end I missed out completely.
    TxMoose wrote:

great point. i remember that one. still climbed to t50 but it was a chore after joining ~18 hrs after it flipped after i realized that waiting wasn't going to work - they were climbing so slow. still, sitting this one out until Monday. i'll trade 3 days of grinding to risk not getting him. i just can't continuously grind pve any more.
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Same with me, but at this point, I'd rather miss it than grind seven days for a 4*. That's kind of where I've gotten in the game.

Was actually thinking along these lines earlier today. Wasn't going to bother with this PvE, but decided that I'd poke my head in and see what happened. Just finished my late start for 80th and a HT card. Did the opening screen, 3 trivials and 3 essentials once, and then ground them for a bit just before the end of the event. Feels about right for 1/13 of a single character.

Going to do the exact same thing for the next one. At this point, if I can devote a few hours to an event, roughly on my terms, and still end up with something worthwhile, good. If not, I've already got a job. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • getterwing
    getterwing Posts: 52
    Dauthi wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Say it with me - rarity does not equal power level. We can get 15* agent coulson, D3 doesn't give a kitty

Except that you actually have something called "Level" and 4* start and end at much higher levels than anyone else.

The character's strength in the comics didn't matter from 1* to 2*. It didn't matter from 2* to 3*. So now it is supposed to matter from 3* to 4*?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter anyways since any character can beat any other character.

Very true

in this game, Hulk is *** while Elektra is ****
  • getterwing wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Say it with me - rarity does not equal power level. We can get 15* agent coulson, D3 doesn't give a kitty

Except that you actually have something called "Level" and 4* start and end at much higher levels than anyone else.

The character's strength in the comics didn't matter from 1* to 2*. It didn't matter from 2* to 3*. So now it is supposed to matter from 3* to 4*?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter anyways since any character can beat any other character.

Very true

in this game, Hulk is *** while Elektra is ****
    But only Elektra knows the next step

Finished up the first subevent, SHIELD base, on my stream if anyone wants to see the lay of the land. doesn't seem different. Not sure if they changed this event or not...

PSA: You can share Enemy of the state tokens with your alliance if y'all have facebook setup. Nice little trick
  • [/quote]

Finished up the first subevent, SHIELD base, on my stream if anyone wants to see the lay of the land. doesn't seem different. Not sure if they changed this event or not...

PSA: You can share Enemy of the state tokens with your alliance if y'all have facebook setup. Nice little trick
    [/quote]

How ? Via normal gift process or something different ?
  • X23 wrote:

[/quote]

How ? Via normal gift process or something different ?[/quote]
    its normal gift process...since completing nodes rewards enemy of the state tokens sometimes, you can sometimes share enemy of the state tokens....not guaranteed but it is handy and I'm sure whoever u send it to will appreciate it
  • raisinbman wrote:
    X23 wrote:

How ? Via normal gift process or something different ?[/quote]
    its normal gift process...since completing nodes rewards enemy of the state tokens sometimes, you can sometimes share enemy of the state tokens....not guaranteed but it is handy and I'm sure whoever u send it to will appreciate it[/quote]

Ic, thanks for info, nothing for or from me.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    wiz_biz wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Squirrel Girl is more powerful and she's playable

true.

tumblr_nn8piv5aZ21rawmemo1_500.png

Vote Squirrel Girl for Herald of Galactus! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Can anyone confirm if something wrong, the repeatable mission in the main event stays open after sub 2 starts?
  • nwman wrote:
    Can anyone confirm if something wrong, the repeatable mission in the main event stays open after sub 2 starts?

It doesn't.
  • I just frickin' gave up already. Made the mistake of joining early and ended up #950ish in a bracket. I tried to climb up to top100 but got stuck at #200 because I had missed a refresh and everybody over me apparently play like robots and never miss one.

Screw this, I should have gambled and joined this event during the last day. Results would have been pretty much the same but less aggravation. icon_mad.gif

Oh well, at least I got one Ant-Man cover from that 30-day PvE...
  • This 7 day event would really benefit from a second star.pngstar.pngstar.png progression reward. An Iron Fist or Kamala Khan at 1.5 million pts would really help keep me interested during days 5 & 6.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Seanossi wrote:
    This 7 day event would really benefit from a second star.pngstar.pngstar.png progression reward. An Iron Fist or Kamala Khan at 1.5 million pts would really help keep me interested during days 5 & 6.

Agreed, definitely. Especially when you already have maxed out that cover.

Kinda sucks reaching a progression and then its a case of oh I don't actually need this guess there is an extra 500 iso progression in this one.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made the mistake of having a Sunday morning lie-in and so missed the final grind in slice 1. I've no chance of catching up now, so that's a nice stress-free week guaranteed.
  • also another lil' trick with survival nodes in enemy of the state: if you finish(start before the event is over obviously) a survival node AFTER the event ends, the rewards will reset. Meaning you can get extra tokens.

Finished Avengers' Tower on my stream if anyone wants to see how it goes down. doesn't seem like they "streamlined" this event....but community scaling off makes it okay.
  • Just wanted to say, hate this event...

The length isn't an issue for me...

It's the goons that place down trap tiles to the point that every match you make you take damage, Even with strong protect tiles you still walk away from a node taking close to 50% of your health off even on an easy node, nevermind normal or hard... If anything, this entire event was designed to sell health packs!

The wave nodes are also painful especially when wolverine pops up in a wave and instantly fires off his red attack twice and then followed up by a third one on his next move. It can be a bit of a pain trying to avoid this from happening no matter how much AP you try to steal before he appears.

Simply put, do not enjoy this event at all...
  • Just wanted to say, hate this event...

It's the goons that place down trap tiles to the point that every match you make you take damage, Even with strong protect tiles you still walk away from a node taking close to 50% of your health off even on an easy node, nevermind normal or hard... If anything, this entire event was designed to sell health packs!

The wave nodes are also painful especially when wolverine pops up in a wave and instantly fires off his red attack twice and then followed up by a third one on his next move. It can be a bit of a pain trying to avoid this from happening no matter how much AP you try to steal before he appears.

kill kishus to prevent trap tiles, match only teamups when trap tiles are out

kill nonwolverines with an ability so when wolverine comes out you'll have priority and won't get adamantium slashed in the face
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Just wanted to say, hate this event...

kill nonwolverines with an ability so when wolverine comes out you'll have priority and won't get adamantium slashed in the face
    There are definitely some cases of just having bad boards. If there are enough team ups out to match that works I guess.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Just wanted to say, hate this event...

There are definitely some cases of just having bad boards. If there are enough team ups out to match that works I guess.
    sure, but this person sounds like they just don't know how to manage survival nodes. I'm sure there's someone who's written on the forums how each wave works, and there's my stream archive as well so you know when Wolvy is coming out.

My scaling, at least, lets me finish off 1 character(usually) before I have to deal with their shenanigans(whehter that be a slash redflag.png or a caltrops)

THat being said, if the person would like to provide more information, I could provide less generic advice.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    When It comes to survival waves trusty Steve is your man. Blue shield, Red shield. I have only been slashed about once.

Stun them and kill them all. Wolverine included.

Admittedly that caltrops is well nippy