crit tile interaction changed?

Options
Maybe I am crazy but I think it changed. Now it seems the crit tile determines if there is anything next to it when it is created and matches with it if there are 2+ things there. Before the crit tile dropped the the ground THEN became able to be matched. It's very noticeable when using someone like mag or other ppl who create placeable color tiles. Make a like of 5 where the crit tile would match another color to the right and instead of the crit dropping it will match. Haven't checked tobsre if there is some mild nerfing in a way due to it but it ...seemed odd...like my crit tiles were disappearing. Heck, might have been getting no damage as they were going away so fast I never got a chance to check.

Also, the app is running SUPER slow for me right now.

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also noticed this with two criticals created next to each other. But looks like one crit also triggers this bug.
  • Is it a bug or a change in design?

Before it fell, now it is created, it checks for combination and then fall. As we never have full patch notes it is hard to know if it a bug or a desired change
  • Definitely a change but didn't look buggy to me. The screen shows the state where the 5-streak already exploded and crit formed in the middle, then if that crit foms a match, that one explodes, and only after all explosions processed the fall starts.

IMO this way makes sense.
  • This was changed awhile back, well before R46.

Perhaps, the lag from the patch is making the change more noticeable. The crit tile mechanic was changed at the same time that the devs changed cascade logic to not waste hits between switching from a downed character to the next one in line. (The cascade pauses on a character switch in the same style as the crit tile creation when a character is downed, before switching to the next character in line. This is really easy to see when facing grunts, as when the game notices a downed grunt, it pauses and clears their countdown tiles before applying the downing damage, swaps characters, and resumes the cascade).
  • Worth noting that the crit tile will still fall first if it would create a 4-match or greater by falling. Kind of hard to explain, but like, if a situation happens that results in this:
    XXXXXXX
    XXXOXXX
    XXBCBXX
    XXX-XXX
    XXXOXXX
    XXXOXXX

the crit tile will fall and match the vertical O line rather than immediately matching the horizontal B line. It "sees ahead" and gives you the better cascade.