How does Thoress' story continue?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
I got issue one of Secret Wars and she's in that, naturally. I've heard she's going to be part of the new Avengers. I've subscribed to Thors.

What should I read? I've decided if I'm going to follow anyone, it's going to be her. When is the Avengers thing happening? Or has it already? And if so, what's it called exactly?
It took me a while to gather the original 8 Thoress covers (I started collecting when issue 6 came out) and I want to be ahead of the curve for once.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make sure to grab Thors #1 (out now)

In late sep/early Oct, Marvel is relaunching the entire universe. Secret wars is the place to jump in.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Well, I'm reading Secret Wars (as you know) and I'm definitely getting Thors.

So...Sept/Oct will be when her story continues? Or...when she joins the Avengers? I just wanna be prepared. I'm very, very new to this comic book lark. You can probably tell.
  • Malcrof
    Well, I'm reading Secret Wars (as you know) and I'm definitely getting Thors.

So...Sept/Oct will be when her story continues? Or...when she joins the Avengers? I just wanna be prepared. I'm very, very new to this comic book lark. You can probably tell.

With the massive support they got from the identity reveal, would not be surprised if she stays, but i do not think she will have a solo title, so the new Avengers may be her spot.

When Secret wars is over, they will be launching new #1's for everyone, consolidating all the alternate universes into a single universe. Most likely to splinter it again in a year or 2.
    also, seeing gwen stacey as a thor... who the hell knows anymore
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I figured she'd have another solo title since Odinson's story runs alongside hers.

Seems strange to introduce a new character and continue a plotline right before a massive upheaval.
    So I need to look out for the new Avengers books. Any word on what they'll be called?
  • Malcrof
    I have a feeling they will stick with A-Force. (just a guess)
  • SpaceShipOne
    SpaceShipOne Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    She'll be a part of the 'All-New All-Different Avengers' ft. Thoress, Captain America, Iron Man(?), Ms. Marvel, Vision, Nova, and Spider-Man when it relaunches following Secret Wars.

A small preview #1 issue was given out during free comic book day this year, which i think is now available for free download from the Marvel app.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    She'll be a part of the 'All-New All-Different Avengers' ft. Thoress, Captain America, Iron Man(?), Ms. Marvel, Vision, Nova, and Spider-Man when it relaunches following Secret Wars.

A small preview #1 issue was given out during free comic book day this year, which i think is now available for free download from the Marvel app.

Is that literally what it's called? All-New All-Different Avengers?
    If so, I'll keep a beady eye out for it.

And goody, Ms Marvel. Wait, would that be Kahn or Danvers? And Cap...would that be Falcon cap or Steve Cap?
    Gah the confusion.
  • Malcrof

And goody, Ms Marvel. Wait, would that be Kahn or Danvers? And Cap...would that be Falcon cap or Steve Cap?
    Gah the confusion.

After secret wars, cap goes back to being cap, and from what the jabber at con was, Falcon is going to have a major arc in the relaunch, possibly even a solo title due to his commercial success in the movies.
  • SpaceShipOne
    SpaceShipOne Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Gah the confusion.

It is indeed All-New All-Different Avengers, with Falcon Cap and KK.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/24/more-all-new-all-different-marvel-comics-revealed
  • Malcrof

Gah the confusion.

It is indeed All-New All-Different Avengers, with Falcon Cap and KK.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/24/more-all-new-all-different-marvel-comics-revealed

That may be my new favorite Doctor Strange cover ever! Excellent article, great find!!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Marvel has shown their list of new titles for post-Secret Wars

Spoilers for certain storylines and reveals.
    Along with a singular Thor title. Spoiler for Thor identity.
  • Malcrof
    Marvel has shown their list of new titles for post-Secret Wars

Spoilers for certain storylines and reveals.
    Along with a singular Thor title. Spoiler for Thor identity.

that cover on the new one is flat amazing. Easy top 10 of my fav Thor covers ever.

Thor 338 and Silver Surfer #4 are my top 2.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Yeah, I really liked it too. Building off issue 1 when the series launched.