*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I also had this thought, however you could look at the flip-side too. Does it make her yellow even more important to help generate those cascades to try to pick up the less amount of charged tiles?
    This is a good point but taking a step back I guess my real question is does Mohawk even make for a good Thor partner now? If you're looking for PVE shenanigans Cyclops and MN Mags will probably get you more charged tiles.

Cyclops adds a bunch of red tiles to the board in predictable places; plus he's a really good black outlet. MN Mags will still let you grab two or three blue charge tiles plus places some random red tiles which may get you another match. Even GSBW seems like she'd do a better job at destroying charge tiles using Deceptive Tactics.

Mohawk's sole role was to collect charge tiles based on sheer luck simply because there were so many of them. Now that there are fewer tiles Thor needs a partner who's a little more diligent.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I also had this thought, however you could look at the flip-side too. Does it make her yellow even more important to help generate those cascades to try to pick up the less amount of charged tiles?
    This is a good point but taking a step back I guess my real question is does Mohawk even make for a good Thor partner now? If you're looking for PVE shenanigans Cyclops and MN Mags will probably get you more charged tiles.

Cyclops adds a bunch of red tiles to the board in predictable places; plus he's a really good black outlet. MN Mags will still let you grab two or three blue charge tiles plus places some random red tiles which may get you another match. Even GSBW seems like she'd do a better job at destroying charge tiles using Deceptive Tactics.

Mohawk's sole role was to collect charge tiles based on sheer luck simply because there were so many of them. Now that there are fewer tiles Thor needs a partner who's a little more diligent.

I think the Mohawk needs a little rebalance herself, but yeah as for partner, I agree I'm not sure she's as valuable anymore, in fact I never thought about Cyclops, perhaps 5/5/3 or I guess if straight pairing with 4hor, perhaps 3/5/5 bares another look.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    God TinyKitty you have blessed storm with a large amount of health and now my Ai can auto pilot hailstorm people while Deapool deals 3k for 6 red ap and superwhales the enemy... and the best news about this is that theres no xforce to destroy the board and deal ridiculous amounts of damage for 8ap.

Thanks Devs.

thought i am a hood user, it was a good choice to leave his health as is
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Storm has to worry about Doc Ock. If she sets off Hailstorm, his Manipulation will do an average damage of 16704. Blade and Daken also have to worry about Doc Ock.

Nick Fury is now a top 5 character.

More Playable: Black Panther, Blade, Capt America, Capt Marvel, Cyclops, Deadpool, Falcon, Gamora, Human Torch, Kamala Khan, Luke Cage, Magneto
    Finally Playable: Invisible Woman, Elektra, Storm Mohawk, BWGS, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Mystique, Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Punisher
    Meh: Beast, Colossus, IM40, Psylocke, Ragnarok, Rocket&Groot, Sentry, Spider-Man, Squirrel Girl
    Same as they were : Hood, Loki, Daken, Patch, Hulk OBW, Iron Fist, Thor3

Thor4 and X-Force were incredibly powerful. If you had them well-covered at a good level, they could take apart any team without much effort. It was possible to beat them, but the slightest cascade would doom most other teams. There wasn't much of a reason to field any other teams if you had this one.

Thor4 and X-Force are still very powerful, but they aren't overwhelming powerful like before.

I'm seeing more variety in PvE today than I ever have.
  • I'm seeing more variety in PvE today than I ever have.

This may be just because the new meta hasn't landed yet. Something is bound to emerge as "best" pretty soon.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Storm has to worry about Doc Ock. If she sets off Hailstorm, his Manipulation will do an average damage of 16704. Blade and Daken also have to worry about Doc Ock.

Nick Fury is now a top 5 character.

More Playable: Black Panther, Blade, Capt America, Capt Marvel, Cyclops, Deadpool, Falcon, Gamora, Human Torch, Kamala Khan, Luke Cage, Magneto
    Finally Playable: Invisible Woman, Elektra, Storm Mohawk, BWGS, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Mystique, Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Punisher
    Meh: Beast, Colossus, IM40, Psylocke, Ragnarok, Rocket&Groot, Sentry, Spider-Man, Squirrel Girl
    Same as they were : Hood, Loki, Daken, Patch, Hulk OBW, Iron Fist, Thor3

Thor4 and X-Force were incredibly powerful. If you had them well-covered at a good level, they could take apart any team without much effort. It was possible to beat them, but the slightest cascade would doom most other teams. There wasn't much of a reason to field any other teams if you had this one.

Thor4 and X-Force are still very powerful, but they aren't overwhelming powerful like before.

Nonce I bow down to your wisdom, but I have to challenge your ruling saying Quicksilver is playable. I will also say as the Devs tried to buff Shehulk the fact that she cannot convert CD tiles completly ruined her in PVE. Against high level goons she was awsome, and now what made her great, converting 3 CD tiles, is gone. It was a sad, sad day for she hulk, and the Devs called it a buff.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler

I'm not...it seems like every fight is against Mystique and goons. Nerf goons!!! icon_razz.gif
  • SkyFire47
    SkyFire47 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

my maxed level 270 XForce green now hits for less than most 3* at level 100. there's something wrong when a 4* hits for less than a 3*.
  • It's going to turn out that the guys who didn't get health increase weren't nerfed enough. The Hood/Loki is likely going to be a defacto swap for defense team unless the featured character really works against them (e.g. it's Iron Fist or Daken). After the X Force nerf the AI ends up having an overwhelmingly advantage due to starting the fight with 100% health every fight, though I guess since this works in reverse you can actually vary your team too and count on the fact that your defense starts at 100% and is likely enough to make up for any small deficiencies. The ordering of characters is almost irrelevent outside of the two support top dogs because once you start the next fight down 35% of your health that's a huge handicap that's far more than the difference in power level between say a top 4* and a top 3*, but if you use a health pack for every 35% you would probably only only get 5 fights done a session, so it's messy either way.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Nonce I bow down to your wisdom, but I have to challenge your ruling saying Quicksilver is playable.

He works very well with Daredevil. Idle Hands can set up Traps very well, and the collected bluetile.png goes to Billy Club. Add in Iron Fist, and you'll have enough black to reshape the board as you like while keeping the enemy team stunned.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with Xor's full nerf and more health overall and to Storm herself, does she have a "best build"?

I think green is now officially 5 cover material no question, with the nerf to X-Force it's not heads above and Lightning Strike doesn't look as bad.

Which then comes down to Mistress vs. Hailstorm. Board shake vs. DoT

Currently being 5/5/3 do I keep her for the board shake and AP generation or do I try to maximize her dmg and go 5/3/5, any opinions?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    So with Xor's full nerf and more health overall and to Storm herself, does she have a "best build"?
    I think green is now officially 5 cover material no question, with the nerf to X-Force it's not heads above and Lightning Strike doesn't look as bad.
    Which then comes down to Mistress vs. Hailstorm. Board shake vs. DoT
    Currently being 5/5/3 do I keep her for the board shake and AP generation or do I try to maximize her dmg and go 5/3/5, any opinions?

I've re-spec'd her so many times I've lost track of how I currently have her built. I think I settled on 5/3/5. Even if I didn't, I should.

Between Groot, Cyclops, and Magneto, there are better ways to deal with TU tiles. Especially now since they nerfed the TUs (no more new 395s in inventory), collecting the AP for a TU isn't really doing much.

That said, I've always felt her best build is completely dependent on who you want to partner her with. I think 5/3/5 gives her the most utility, there're characters to take advantage of 5/5/3 and 3/5/5 too.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I try not to use her black (conflicts with charged tiles and skills like DecTactics or Technopathic Strike), unless there's not much AP of other colours and some DOT wouldn't hurt while I'm collecting AP. I guess 535 and 553 are both perfectly viable, I just don't see the merit of maxing skills I use/rely on last thing, same with Summon Demons or Unbreakable (Luke Cage).
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Which characters reverse enemy strike, attack or protect tiles? Storm (Mohawk) is really getting on my nerves with her Hailstorm and I'm trying to find a character to nullify that. Thanks!!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Hailstorm puts out a lot of tiles, which makes characters that nullify special tiles (like Falcon, Bullseye, and Daredevil) very ineffective against hailstorm, because they only can only nullify a small number of tiles at a time.

Instead, I think you might want a big board shake from icon_storm.png, icon_hulk.png, and icon_rocket.pnggreenflag.png type abilities.

A very angry icon_hulk.png would work very well. Sorry, this is no where near a complete list.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    What Gunther has said is pretty spot on, but you can also take advantage of a cluttered board with abilities that change the colour of basic tiles, like Thor's yellow or Iron Fist's purple. When there's only a finite amount of space to change, it usually results in multiple match-4/5's, especially if you can fire off multiples.
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Thanks guys!
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    As Gunther says, Mohawk spawns way too many attack tiles for most special tile counter characters to handle (Falcon, Bullseye, Daredevil, Squirrel Girl, Captain America). The way I see it, is that you have four options to deal with her:

(1) Prioritise Mohawk as your target and take her down first. She has relatively low health, so is susceptible to this tactic. Deny black while you're doing so, obviously. This tactic can be problematic if you have another high priority target there as well. Personally, I do think Mohawk is a relatively high priority target - even if you put her Hailstorm ability aside, her other two abilities will accelerate your opponents into their abilities (and TU ability).

(2) Board shake, as per Gunther. Anyone who generates significant tile destruction and cascades can significantly thin down the number of Hailstorm tiles.

(3) Protect tiles. If you get a large enough value in protect tiles out there, you can usually reduce the Hailstorm damage to 1, or near one.

(4) Doctor Octopus. His blue Manipulation ability is devastating on a board that's been Hailstormed. It both destroys the attack tiles, and can do enough damage to one shot an enemy in that circumstance.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Carnage would also be very effective although no one but the whales will have one that is covered enough to be usable.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    She-Hulk can turn those special tiles to your side, while also strengthening them. icon_e_wink.gif

PS. Her "Power of Attorney" ability, which destroys the bottom rows and shakes the board, works pretty well, too.