Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• So, for the past 2 days(from the beginning of Ultron) i have opened 20 tokens(from deadpool, ultron, oscorp events)... All but one gave me 2 stars... am starting to hate this, especially when i'm transitioning from 2* to 3* =< .... i really hope this won't continue... god damn it
  • DragonSin wrote:
    So, for the past 2 days(from the beginning of Ultron) i have opened 20 tokens(from deadpool, ultron, oscorp events)... All but one gave me 2 stars... am starting to hate this, especially when i'm transitioning from 2* to 3* =< .... i really hope this won't continue... tiny kitty it
    Tokens are unreliable. Only rely on reliable rewards.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finding out I have to dodge 14K bombs for another 3 days for Captain Marvel... and that the Captain Marvel cover I need is after level 7 and 8... and that it will likely be worse if they run it again for a 4* release.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    A pair of 20 ISO rewards for vanilla Ultron sandwiching an Ultron token containing the 2* cover I see with the most regularity: Ares' Onslaught
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realizing the devs spent absolutely zero effort in even attempting to fixing the balance problems that presented themselves during the first run of the Ultron event, let alone actually succeeding at doing so.
    Then noticing that the selection of boosted characters is an utter non-fit for the type of fights, making the balance of the event actually EVEN WORSE OFF than during the first run.
    Finally, to top it off; seeing that the rewards are absolute ****-tier.
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    Realizing the devs spent absolutely zero effort in even attempting to fixing the balance problems that presented themselves during the first run of the Ultron event, let alone actually succeeding at doing so.
    Then noticing that the selection of boosted characters is an utter non-fit for the type of fights, making the balance of the event actually EVEN WORSE OFF than during the first run.
    Was gonna upvote you, but the selected characters are avengers and actually, are very good at what they do. Buffed patch/black panther/luke cage/falcon/Hulkbuster/Fury is great. Add in 2*Wolv/Hawkeye if your scaling isn't nuts. Vision is garbage, but it's no different than being forced to use Quicksilver(or low covers Witch).

I'm actually going through nodes much faster because of Deadpool and the buffs than last time.

Unless you expected boosted characters to actually survive an Ultron Bomb or something. Which is fair.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    My worst MPQ moment today was TODAY. PVP takes 100 points away for every 50 points I win and I refuse to shield for a Beast cover. The Hand wont let me win the first wave of DDQ again. Always takes me multiple attempts to get past that first wave and then its easy sailing once you do. Hopefully 6hp were enough. Then the BEST worst part is Ultron. I DESPISE...HATE...DETEST...ABHOR...NO LIKEY this stooooooooooooopid event.I apologize to you that enjoy it but, I find it to be silly. Then you force me to do an update while Im away from home/wifi hotspots. Use data or dont play! Why was it forced anyway?
    Rant over and back to the same old same old.
  • Sword user
    Sword user Posts: 72
    raisinbman wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Was gonna upvote you, but the selected characters are avengers and actually, are very good at what they do. Buffed patch/black panther/luke cage/falcon/Hulkbuster/Fury is great. Add in 2*Wolv/Hawkeye if your scaling isn't nuts. Vision is garbage, but it's no different than being forced to use Quicksilver(or low covers Witch).

I'm actually going through nodes much faster because of Deadpool and the buffs than last time.

Unless you expected boosted characters to actually survive an Ultron Bomb or something. Which is fair.

Raisin, how are you finding Falcon useful in this event?

Patch/BP/LC (and IMHB&Fury if 4*s were around) are all great, I agree. As for bomb damage, if Tetris Ultron is gambling, then he's like Vegas, and normal PvE is Atlantic City. You get better odds at Atlantic City, lower payout and lower bets, but better payout in Vegas. (for the most part, there are exceptions to every analogy).
  • Sword user wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:

Raisin, how are you finding Falcon useful in this event?

Patch/BP/LC (and IMHB&Fury if 4*s were around) are all great, I agree. As for bomb damage, if Tetris Ultron is gambling, then he's like Vegas, and normal PvE is Atlantic City. You get better odds at Atlantic City, lower payout and lower bets, but better payout in Vegas. (for the most part, there are exceptions to every analogy).
    I actually haven't used Falcon, but in the previous ultron events I would use falcon/luke cage if I really needed to preserve health packs.

This time around, using Patch/BP/Iron Fist is WAYYYYY too faceroll to use pretty much anything else. Which is why I seriously don't get why ppl are saying it's harder this time around - its less time consuming and easier since panther can 1 shot everything, lol....
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you can get enough blacks and yellows, Luke Cage + Black Panther will destroy Ultron, yeah. The problem is that by about round 4 or 5, if you can't get a dozen blacks and 13 yellows in a big damn hurry, all it takes is one stacked pair of bombs to ruin your whole day.

My last couple fights against vanilla Ultron, I've beat him, but it's been with either Panther or Cage as last man standing because bombs were one-shotting the other two.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    This time around, using Patch/BP/Iron Fist is WAYYYYY too faceroll to use pretty much anything else. Which is why I seriously don't get why ppl are saying it's harder this time around - its less time consuming and easier since panther can 1 shot everything, lol....

i need 6 covers for 3stars and 3 of them are Black Panther blacks...now you know why icon_e_wink.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    My worst moment yesterday: losing track of enemy black AP.

My Patch: Berzerker Rage! (Yes, the greens are in great spots, can't be matched!)
    Enemy Moonstone: Control Shift!
    Me: TINYKITTY! I knew that updated Control Shift power was gonna kill me someday! icon_evil.gif

I think I lasted 3, maybe 4 turns. Patch dead, Hawkeye dead (it was his essential node), and OBW decided to rabbit.
  • My worst moment yesterday: losing track of enemy black AP.

My Patch: Berzerker Rage! (Yes, the greens are in great spots, can't be matched!)
    Enemy Moonstone: Control Shift!
    Me: TINYKITTY! I knew that updated Control Shift power was gonna kill me someday! icon_evil.gif

I think I lasted 3, maybe 4 turns. Patch dead, Hawkeye dead (it was his essential node), and OBW decided to rabbit.
    only use berserker rage in desperation or as a finishing move - unless you're hulkbombing or something
    DFiPL wrote:
    If you can get enough blacks and yellows, Luke Cage + Black Panther will destroy Ultron, yeah. The problem is that by about round 4 or 5, if you can't get a dozen blacks and 13 yellows in a big damn hurry, all it takes is one stacked pair of bombs to ruin your whole day.

My last couple fights against vanilla Ultron, I've beat him, but it's been with either Panther or Cage as last man standing because bombs were one-shotting the other two.

Not talking about Tetris Ultron o-0
  • optimus2861
    raisinbman wrote:
    only use berserker rage in desperation or as a finishing move - unless you're hulkbombing or something
    With 10 health packs now, it's not as much of an issue as it used to be. If you wreck, spend 3 and try again.

Besides, BR as the first ability in a chain can be pretty lethal. I've been running Patch with Blade in Oscorp, so a BR + Nightstalker + Keep Your Enemies Close combo, combined with a purpleflag.png match to clear one or more enemy strike tile, is easily enough to win.

As long as icon_moonstone.png is dead icon_lol.gif
  • optimus2861
    Queuing a 40-point match at the end of Category-5 that would take me just over 400 points for the 25 spideycoin.png progression.

Winning the match seconds after time expired, and not getting the points icon_evil.gif
  • i wiped 6 times on 4 consecutive hops during cat-5.

It was the closest to rage quitting that i ever came.

marc
  • Playing my first "easy" node in the latest PvE and getting ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED.

First, "easy" implies, well EASY, right?

Second, if my whole team gets wiped with all opposing enemies left standing with 60%+ remaining health, you're gonna want to go ahead and ADJUST MY FREAKING SCALING.

Having played MFF for a month or so, it's quite painful to come back to MPQ and remember being punished for every improvement I make to my roster...

DBC
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    On a shield hop to 1,000 in last fifteen minute of Storm PvP, AIs Nick Fury cascades into 17 blue on turn one - cost me an Elektra cover
  • My second from one day and one event...

How in the name of GOD can a node be labeled "trivial" and kill 3 separate teams 5 times?

Current PvE, second sub, Falcon Essential. Wiped out 2 boosted teams twice apiece and 1 other desperation team?

No, no, no, no, NO.

DBC
  • CaseyJones
    CaseyJones Posts: 30
    My worst moment of the day is every time I'm opening gold/heroic/vault tokens. 99 out of 100 is such a **** that it's really depressing when I read what are other players pulling. I don't know how long I'll be able to watch those 2* covers I get almost all the time...