*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Punisher Hulk Patch. Eish! They all share the same useable colors but that would be an easy skip for most players
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bah, with the buffs to punisher for the next tourney, i think im gonna get my punisher up before working on hulk. Its a shame since i really care about retaliations now, but oh well. Maybe ill fet them borh up to similar levels or something.
  • Nemek wrote:
    This seems intentional. (Though I wonder if espionage will ever not trigger strike tiles in the future, it seems kind of crazy to do a double-trigger with a tile match.)

I won't disagree about it being crazy but since (all?) other damage dealing attacks trigger strike tiles it makes sense that this one does too. If we stop thinking of it as just a tile match and instead say it's tile match immediately followed by a passive damage dealing power it makes sense.

So it works the same way as tile match+strike tiles immediately followed by attack tiles+strike tiles.
  • Yeah, I guess you guys are right, it must be passives and strike tiles adding up.

Geez, that's OP. They should do something about Astonishing Wolverine...
  • Yeah, I guess you guys are right, it must be passives and strike tiles adding up.

They are, to very mixed reaction. We'll see how it plays out, hopefully it won't be as harsh as the Rag nerf. Probably be more than most people believe is neccesary, though (which considering players tend to have a light hand with the nerf bat isn't surprizing).
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Yeah, I guess you guys are right, it must be passives and strike tiles adding up.

They are, to very mixed reaction. We'll see how it plays out, hopefully it won't be as harsh as the Rag nerf. Probably be more than most people believe is neccesary, though (which considering players tend to have a light hand with the nerf bat isn't surprizing).

Hah, yeah, I know. My statement was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Personally I'm all for it. Fighting the same 2 characters match after match while also using those 2 characters is getting a little stale.
  • Sorry if this has been answered a million times but this thread is 11 deep and I can't read through that much.

I have a 4/0/4 Hulk and need to decide whether to go 5/4 or 4/5 on next cover. Which one is more useful at level 100?
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    klingsor wrote:
    Sorry if this has been answered a million times but this thread is 11 deep and I can't read through that much.

I have a 4/0/4 Hulk and need to decide whether to go 5/4 or 4/5 on next cover. Which one is more useful at level 100?

I looked at this for a long time. And settled on 4/4/5. Passive spamming is just too good to pass up, and the AI is very bad at saving up green for red attacks. You may wanna go 5/3/5?
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Sorry if this has been answered a million times but this thread is 11 deep and I can't read through that much.

I looked at this for a long time. And settled on 4/4/5. Passive spamming is just too good to pass up, and the AI is very bad at saving up green for red attacks. You may wanna go 5/3/5?

What i think is that passive is super useful in pvp and defense. So for that reason I am going to get 5 black first.. The HP is burning a hole in my pocket. If I earn a black cover randomly i'm going to cry,,,
  • Just came out of a match and noticed that hulk's black animation is less flashy. It's definitely appreciated but at the same time lost it's old luster. Perhaps the animation could be tweaked again? I think a nice green pulse like the stereotypical radar representation or a sweep of green light across the screen would have the impact of the old animation but remain less seizure inducing.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're right... I thought that looked better when I pulled the hulk out for a few events (to feed green to Patch). But the level 230 guys killed the Hulk.

A lot of the animations look better.
  • OK did anyone try to use patch green follow by getting your 5 black hulk be hit. Followed by a classic storm in the back on your own team. Who would she attack.

Thank you for your 15 second of attention lol.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Can you be a little clearer?
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Can you be a little clearer?

I was gonna say "****?" But decided just to ignore it. Lol.
  • If a team member is damaged for ... of their max health she deals ... damage to all enemies.

So according to her passive's description it should function normally.

But I think I remember reading on the character forum that strike tiles are not included for the own team damage. It's been a while since I've checked on the Hulk thread but that would make sense to me as well.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Yeah, I remember reading that the enemy strike tiles (or your own) don't count for self-inflicted damage.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, I remember reading that the enemy strike tiles (or your own) don't count for self-inflicted damage.

If it did I'm sure ares and patch would be 1 hell of a combo. Lmao.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Honestly, Hulk and Patch would be a really bad combo. If you've got 5 black, there's a good chance of destroying your strikes with matches from the generated green.
  • I think Hulk and Patch is a great combo - you let Hulk tank for a bit, store up 18 green, then go nuts when he generates enough green to hold 12 strike tiles.

Boom, round over.
  • Quite the opposite. 5 strike tiles may lead to 6+ green. You can always reapply beserk. I used hulk for protection of loki.

My semi dream team is patch loki hulk.

With enough green m black. You are deadly and immune to damage