*** Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) ***

Comments

• IMHO cyclop+cap marvel to feed his red/black ap and the third would be kamala or IF or magneto or groot for weekly buff.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Its fun to read through and all the people who think hes not actually very good...smh
  • IMHO cyclop+cap marvel to feed his red/black ap and the third would be kamala or IF or magneto or groot for weekly buff.

That's what I'm going to check soon. Third character : Loki 3/5/5 definitely.
  • A good team too is this one :

icon_rocket.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.png 5/3/5
    icon_blade.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.png 3/5/5
    icon_cyclops.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png 4/3/5 for the moment

If you have the chance to begin battle with Rocket already injured, that a good point for cascade and AP generation with his yellow power.
  • lleywen wrote:
    A good team too is this one :

icon_rocket.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.png 5/3/5
    icon_blade.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.png 3/5/5
    icon_cyclops.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png 4/3/5 for the moment

If you have the chance to begin battle with Rocket already injured, that a good point for cascade and AP generation with his yellow power.
    there is no chance when u can do prologue retreats
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I got my 7th yellowflag.pngicon_cyclops.png today and I still only have 1 blackflag.png and 1 redflag.png and all my covers for him have been from token pulls.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems like more than just dumb luck - but so does everything in this game.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm similar in that I have 5 blacks, and have got rid of at least one other cover, while only having 1 red and 2 yellows.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gagutz wrote:
    I have my Cyclops at 5/3/5 maxed.

Who are the best characters to use with him in PVP??
    IF is his best friend to fire full blast
    Dare devil is fun if you want to fire ambush a lot.
    In the unstable ISO 8 beast and Thor have worked well. Use beasts blue, Cyclos red/black thors yellow and green. You can also use beast green in a pinch.
    Groot an sub for beast as well.

My simulator team is cage, cyclops, IF. Another good pairing would be SW, IF, cyclops.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Gagutz wrote:
    I have my Cyclops at 5/3/5 maxed.

Who are the best characters to use with him in PVP??
    IF is his best friend to fire full blast
    Dare devil is fun if you want to fire ambush a lot.
    In the unstable ISO 8 beast and Thor have worked well. Use beasts blue, Cyclos red/black thors yellow and green. You can also use beast green in a pinch.
    Groot an sub for beast as well.

My simulator team is cage, cyclops, IF. Another good pairing would be SW, IF, cyclops.

For this particular set of buffed characters I would go with Groot/Cyke. Good actives on 5 colors and Groot tanks all his colors depending on the featured.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:

For this particular set of buffed characters I would go with Groot/Cyke. Good actives on 5 colors and Groot tanks all his colors depending on the featured.

Yeah, I ran GrootClops all the way to 1k in Sentry. Groot eating the self damage and adding 1500ish to every attack made things go quick.

In PvE, I like to use KamalaClops with LCap. Feed the shield, pick up the other colors as they're available.
  • I see a lot of people talking about using him to feed others.
    I have (or rather will have when I get to 800) the covers to get him to any build. Is it best to go with 355 and fully accept that I will use other red abilities instead (mostly Hulkbuster for me atm), or is the yellow sufficient at 3 covers?

PS: Could someone add a poll to the OP. Cyclops feels like a character where the poll would actually be interesting, unlike the 85% blowouts we get on other characters.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I see a lot of people talking about using him to feed others.
    I have (or rather will have when I get to 800) the covers to get him to any build. Is it best to go with 355 and fully accept that I will use other red abilities instead (mostly Hulkbuster for me atm), or is the yellow sufficient at 3 covers?

PS: Could someone add a poll to the OP. Cyclops feels like a character where the poll would actually be interesting, unlike the 85% blowouts we get on other characters.
    the arguement is for yellow that there's only so many teamup tiles on the board, unless you're doing some sort of crazy 2*marvel combo, not much diff between 3 and 5.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 if you want max power so he can stand on his own, 3/5/5 if you want to feed other reds(Hulkbuster, carnage etc.) but....his red boosted is a monster so i'd definitely recommend 5/3/5 cause there's only 2 tiles difference between 3>5 covers.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I see a lot of people talking about using him to feed others.

the arguement is for yellow that there's only so many teamup tiles on the board, unless you're doing some sort of crazy 2*marvel combo, not much diff between 3 and 5.

The difference is 2 tiles and yellow is cheap enough that you usually end up double casting it within a few turns (and there won't be enough TU tiles to fully utilize the second cast most of the time). If the board is flooded with TU tiles its usually not a good idea to fire his yellow anyway since its unlikely to make automatic matches.

PvE wise he partners extremely well with Groot since Groot will tank yellow for him - gather yellow and use his TU to make red matches (having Cyclops avoid damage). Between yellow and Groot's yellow the board is rarely flooded with TU tiles.

Boosted his red and black are both devastating so I can't see much of a reason to go 5 in yellow.
  • At least not for opponent default Cyclops and not with 10 red tiles on the board.
  • This is working as designed. Full Blast will only stun Cyclops for one turn with 4 to 5 covers. Since the stun counter is decremented at the beginning of each character's turn, the primary effect of a one turn stun is to prevent Cyclops from firing another power after using Full Blast.

As the AI is restricted to firing powers in a particular color order, and is not allowed to fire two powers of the same color in one turn, the one turn stun of Full Blast will have no practical effect on the AI other than potentially reducing its match damage for that turn.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 in yellow is a waste. I had it on Cyclops for a while, went to 5/3/5 as soon as I could.

I can hardly tell the difference in effect/cascades between 3 and 5 in yellow. It's a very negligible difference.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Likewise -- 5/3/5. If 5 yellow jumped to "converts all TU tiles" (similar to Doom's blue at 5 covers), I could see a compelling argument for it, but otherwise the jump from 3->5 in yellow is incredibly negligible vs. the increase in damage on his red/black at max covers.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    I have 5 yellow now (had 5 reds b4) and I gotta say I prefer it and am gonna keep it.a lot depends on your play style, I put cascades over power, and prefer the chance of using a power more than once than 1 big blast.i find it easier to get my black power off now too.
  • Just want to reiterate...boosted his red and black are just STUPID...
    - Unreall