Villains Needed: Pyro

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited June 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Good old St John; the torchiest flame addict. Here's what I think could make him instantly viable.

I'm doing something different here. I want thoughts on how he'd be built. Is he active/passive ala Doom, two passives and a single ability ala Prof X, or ALL DAMAGE ala Thor? I'm leaning towards Thor, but I could have a LOT of fun with his passives.

Before you upvote this, go back to https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=21&t=2257&start=540 and upvote the new guy's Pyro submission. It's the reason I put together my take on redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png Pyro.

Pyro (Marvel NOW) star.pngstar.pngstar.png

8250 HPs.
X-Factor_Vol_1_82.jpg

redflag.png It starts with a Spark. Passive.
hqdefault.jpg
This would be a Daken-inspired passive that generates reds similar to Daken's heal. The less blue, the better.

redflag.png Wildfire. Passive.
siggraph03_X2_pyro.jpg
This would be a take on Scarlet Witch's passive, that randomly generates reds. Fire spreads. Why wouldn't that mean free reds for everyone?

redflag.png Raging Inferno. X AP
St._John_Allerdyce_(Earth-616)_004.jpg
This would be similar to Magneto's Blue or Storm's Yellow that has the caveat that it destroys team-up tiles (think buildings and structures) and generates redtile.png tiles as a result.

redflag.png Playing with Fire X AP
pyro.jpg
This would be similar to Torch's redflag.png ability, with the change that it generates black AP because he just burnt someone to a crisp.

redflag.png Flame Constructs X AP
latest?cb=20140223044323
This would be Torch's Green, that consumes AP per turn but burns so good.

redflag.png Warm it up X AP

This is a new one, similar to Hood's Dormammu's aid. Maybe we do an exhaustion-based AP loss from the enemy team, if too many reds are on the board. He wouldn't necessarily get the AP in return, but it'd deny them from using abilities.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, let's have some fun with this..

redflag.png 13AP Inferno. Pyro set's the area around the enemy ablaze. Dealing damage to the entire team and continuing to damage them until the fire is out.
    500 damage + 2 turn CD tile, tile consumes 2 red ap per turn dealing an additional 100 damage to the enemy team, if no red AP, deals 25
    2 covers does 1000 damage to enemy team
    3 covers countdown tile increased to 3 turns
    4 covers Does 1500 damage to enemy team, cd tile now deals 200/50 consuming only 1 red ap per turn for max damage.
    5 covers Does 1750 damage increases countdown tile to 4 turns now dealing 300/75
    Max level - 2500 team damage cd tile 4 turns for 400/100 to enemy team. ( for a total of 4100 enemy team damage at max if tile survives all 4 turns)

yellowflag.png It Starts with a Spark (sparks are usually orangeish, but yellow will do). Passive. As the flame grows inside of him, Pyro collects the power to burn. At the end of each turn, If more than 12 red tiles are on the board, gains 1 red AP per turn, if less than 12, randomly changes 1 yellow to red on the board (the spark!)
    2 covers - needs only 11 to gain
    3 covers - 11 to gain, 11 to replace a yellow.
    4 covers - 10 to gain 10 to replace a yellow
    5 covers - 10 to gain, 10 to replace 2 yelllows

blackflag.png 7 AP Flame Constructs. Pyro gives it all he's got to create creatures of Flame, once they have done there job, Pyro needs to regain strenght! CD tile added to board, when tile goes off, deals 600 damage, stuns Pyro for 2 turns.
    2 covers - 2 creatures create, 2 CD tiles, 2nd tile creates 1 random strike.png strength 75
    3 covers - 3 creatures create, 3 cd tiles, 3rd tile creates 1 random protect.png strength 75
    4 covers - 3 creatures created, stun reduced to 1 turn
    5 covers - 4 creatures created, 4th cd tile explodes with fire, changing 1 random attack.png strength 100
    max level - 1200 damage, strength 150 strike.pngprotect.png and strength 200 attack.png

I made the 4th+ covers the point where each power really comes into it's own, this will make for some nice build diversity.

the mindset behind his yellowflag.png . Pyro is unstable.. so a power that can ruin his own plans works with him.. The randomness of the placement can completely throw off planned matches, or even set off a cascade which can destroy his own cd tile, or give the enemy a 5 match... it is unstable.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

yellowflag.png It Starts with a Spark (sparks are usually orangeish, but yellow will do). Passive. As the flame grows inside of him, Pyro collects the power to burn. At the end of each turn, If more than 12 red tiles are on the board, gains 1 red AP per turn, if less than 12, randomly changes 1 yellow to red on the board (the spark!)

the mindset behind his yellowflag.png . Pyro is unstable.. so a power that can ruin his own plans works with him.. The randomness of the placement can completely throw off planned matches, or even set off a cascade which can destroy his own cd tile, or give the enemy a 5 match... it is unstable.

I got it. Water is the antithesis of fire, so every time a blue is matched, the board is drying up. So every blue match converts a random tile to red.

That would really make it suck for heavy blue users, since he would be getting fueled by their moves.

And he is simply pyro kinetic. He needs the spark.

For that last passive I thought up, I figured a Dormammu's Aid but for AP draining due to a lack of oxygen or hydration might be fun. It would be something like, if the red count on the board exceeds 10, the enemy team loses 1 bluetile.png ....up to greentile.pngpurpletile.png at max level. And the tile count requirement would be down to 8.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I got it. Water is the antithesis of fire, so every time a blue is matched, the board is drying up. So every blue match converts a random tile to red.

That would really make it suck for heavy blue users, since he would be getting fueled by their moves.

And he is simply pyro kinetic. He needs the spark.

For that last passive I thought up, I figured a Dormammu's Aid but for AP draining due to a lack of oxygen or hydration might be fun. It would be something like, if the red count on the board exceeds 10, the enemy team loses 1 bluetile.png ....up to greentile.pngpurpletile.png at max level. And the tile count requirement would be down to 8.

Won't let me upvote you.. lol

The Blue match could be added to the yellow passive, any blue match reduces his CD tile OR creates a yellow enemyprotect.png (that can be overwritten by his passive, but would be luck of the rng)