Divine Champions

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    edited January 2014
    Wanna have a **** of fun?

Pull up the Desert map (Thor required). Put in Hulk (preferably with 5 Black; you should be trying to max his black anyway) and Modern Storm. Regardless of your character levels, you can get Hulk to own the EV tiles. (Putting Storm on the team before I put Hulk on the team did it for me.)

Use Storm's red as soon as you can to grab an Oasis. Should be easy enough; you only need 25 EV. After that, start flooding the board with as much green as possible. If it even comes up, Hulk can tank big hits to drop Anger tiles to make even MORE green. Use Lightning Strike whenever you have enough green. (You maxed it, right?) Use the AP given from cascades and Lightning to fire off Thor attacks, which potentially add MORE green. Throw up Oases (is that the plural of Oasis?) as much as humanly possibly for 6 more green. Rake in the critical tiles you're bound to get by flooding the board with one cover.

It's ridiculous. The enemy attacks like 5 times, and I'm only running 50 Storn/70 Hulk/85 Thor. Although, this is the way I want it: with ~5k HP, a match-3 from Thor on red or yellow triggers Anger. 5 greens, love it.
  • Ah brackets are easy. Don't really want to place 1st since I already have 4 X Force covers and I don't know if I want a 5th red but maybe I'll go for it.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    I'm shielded at 631 in second place, first is shielded at 656. 3-5 are all 550-575
    Never been in a bracket this low scoring before. When I shielded I had a hard time finding a match worth more than 10 points and the longer I looked the longer I feared an attack.
    Trying to finish off my punisher so 2-5 is all I'm really hoping for anyways
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    Shielded in 1st at 750 knowing someone will pass me but not caring and thereck hits me 3 times in a row....

Broke my shield because the guy at #2 started making points again when I got hit by thereck for -18. I retaliated for +33, he hit me again for -18 or 19, I retaliated again for +30, he hit me again for -19, I retaliated again for +29 then he gave up. I did another match then he showed up as target again so I hit him again for a +29, just for the fun of it. Then I put up a shield at 892 points. Should be enough to win my bracket - which is really strange because usually I've to go over 1200 or even over 2000 points to have a chance at winning.

Strange guy though that thereck. Don't know how he does get that high if he does something like that (he was at 9xx points when he first attacked me and down to 888 when I last hit him).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah re:thereck, I dunno, even in lighting rounds, being able to go through a team in about 30 seconds seems a bit farfetched
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Jamil wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    Shielded in 1st at 750 knowing someone will pass me but not caring and thereck hits me 3 times in a row....

Broke my shield because the guy at #2 started making points again when I got hit by thereck for -18. I retaliated for +33, he hit me again for -18 or 19, I retaliated again for +30, he hit me again for -19, I retaliated again for +29 then he gave up. I did another match then he showed up as target again so I hit him again for a +29, just for the fun of it. Then I put up a shield at 892 points. Should be enough to win my bracket - which is really strange because usually I've to go over 1200 or even over 2000 points to have a chance at winning.

Strange guy though that thereck. Don't know how he does get that high if he does something like that (he was at 9xx points when he first attacked me and down to 888 when I last hit him).

He wins matches too fast for it to be coincidence. I am reasonably sure he is cheating somehow.
  • Got my progression rewards. Time to tank.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Yeah re:thereck, I dunno, even in lighting rounds, being able to go through a team in about 30 seconds seems a bit farfetched

I have JacobPC hitting me pretty quickly , I am hitting him back as fast as I can ...spending my health packs to keep him down icon_lol.gif
  • Clintman
    This is interesting to watch now. I have a 142 point lead over 2nd with 942 points. I am watching guys in 5-6th place break their shields and try to make a push, only to get blasted down lower than they were at before they broke shield.

I am looking at match ups in case I need to spike at the end, but I cannot find a team worth more than 15 points.

This is a lot like being indoors in a hailstorm and watching the poor bastards out there getting hailed on.

Watching a guy "Ballatician" climb up to 723, only to get beat down to 670, now slowly climbing back up to 699. Interesting to watch how high he gets before the world rocking attacks come in.
  • JacobPC has hit me like 5 times in past 3 minutes ...so legit.

edit 6 times now

Not going to blow anymore health packs /hp on this **** icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bucky76 wrote:
    JacobPC has hit me like 5 times in past 3 minutes ...so legit.

edit 6 times now

What team was he using?
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    JacobPC has hit me like 5 times in past 3 minutes ...so legit.

edit 6 times now

Did someone say he's roomates with thewreck? Maybe they're simultaneously playing the same account and alternate?
  • I just exchanged about 12 retaliations with jacobpc... He's numero uno on my **** list. I don't care how many points I lose, if I see him, he's getting attacked.
  • I just exchanged about 12 retaliations with jacobpc... He's numero uno on my tinykitty list. I don't care how many points I lose, if I see him, he's getting attacked.

So how did he do that with you AND me at the same time?

I am running a decently beefy annoying team of Ares/Thor/ 141 Hulk.

He was using Ares/Rag/ GSBW .
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    I just exchanged about 12 retaliations with jacobpc... He's numero uno on my tinykitty list. I don't care how many points I lose, if I see him, he's getting attacked.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2412
  • Clintman
    Bucky76 wrote:
    I just exchanged about 12 retaliations with jacobpc... He's numero uno on my tinykitty list. I don't care how many points I lose, if I see him, he's getting attacked.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2412

darn, wish I would have seen this before making a new post.
  • Clintman
    OK, so anyone not playing, instead obsessively monitoring their bracket to see if they need to break shield to maintain their #1 spot... or whatever spot?
  • Clint wrote:
    OK, so anyone not playing, instead obsessively monitoring their bracket to see if they need to break shield to maintain their #1 spot... or whatever spot?

Yep. But only after I finish a couple PVE matches.
  • Clintman
    I am waiting for the matches to hit closer to 12 hours before I grind them down again, so I can get one more refresh.

Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. Season 4, good times.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Clint wrote:
    Me too. Currently sitting shield with a small lead (741 vs 686). I will only break shield if someone gets close to passing me. Don't want to risk retaliations now.
    Toxicadam was going up like 5 minutes ago, but now shielded at 667. icon_e_smile.gif
    --hope ya don't try to gun for it hah.

All top 10 are shielded right now for my bracket lol.