Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Haetron wrote:
    Realizing Im not as close to the 3 star transition as I was hoping.

Saw GSBW was the DDQ, ran the match, won it, unlocking Big Enchilada.

Wipe after wave 1. Level 70 characters aren't going to cut it there. :\ Time to grind iso!

I have no idea what your roster looks like, but you're likely closer than you think.

Fully leveled, correctly built 2* character teams like OBW/2hor/cStorm (and a few others) can beat the BE with a little practice, skill, patience, and most of the time, 1-20 lucky drops (the right boards make it much easier, but I've won some TERRIBLE matches with a slew of lucky drops...icon_redface.gif).

Check out the tips section of the forum, build and level your team, and most of all, DO NOT give up. It IS beatable with a 2* roster, which is one of the truly magical parts of it, especially taken within the overall context of MPQ.

DBC
  • Yeah, the main issue is my Mags, Storm, and OBW are all under leveled, so I have red green yellow covered decently, but blue purple black are all pretty much non present. Still grinding iso to bring those 3 up into the mix.
  • Haetron wrote:
    Yeah, the main issue is my Mags, Storm, and OBW are all under leveled, so I have red green yellow covered decently, but blue purple black are all pretty much non present. Still grinding iso to bring those 3 up into the mix.
    BE with level 70 2* team is certainly beatable (I've been there and did that) but it requires usually a lot of tries and a good deal of luck. It is somewhat similar to beating gauntlet hard nodes. It is hard but you get a useful 3* cover for beating just 1 node.
    One of your best shots at this point is using Stormneto. Aim to max cover Storm blue and Mag purple - this colors allow you to stunlock non-goon waves - that's the key that makes your BE strategy trivial. Maxing Storm green and Mag red also help 'cause they generate AP. Opinions on a third character for this combo vary on this forum. I personally use MsMarvel but I seem to be in the minority with this choice. And yes, when you max level them BE will become nearly a sure shot. Nowadays I wipe with them once a month at most.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Yeah, the main issue is my Mags, Storm, and OBW are all under leveled, so I have red green yellow covered decently, but blue purple black are all pretty much non present. Still grinding iso to bring those 3 up into the mix.
    BE with level 70 2* team is certainly beatable (I've been there and did that) but it requires usually a lot of tries and a good deal of luck. It is somewhat similar to beating gauntlet hard nodes. It is hard but you get a useful 3* cover for beating just 1 node.
    One of your best shots at this point is using Stormneto. Aim to max cover Storm blue and Mag purple - this colors allow you to stunlock non-goon waves - that's the key that makes your BE strategy trivial. Maxing Storm green and Mag red also help 'cause they generate AP. Opinions on a third character for this combo vary on this forum. I personally use MsMarvel but I seem to be in the minority with this choice. And yes, when you max level them BE will become nearly a sure shot. Nowadays I wipe with them once a month at most.

the best 2* team i used in BE was Thor, Marvel, OBW. OBW takes care of ap steals and heals/timers, 2*Thor (3/5/5) yellow feeds his green, Marvel built 5/5/3 has a 900+ cheap 7 ap red, and a double aoe black.

goon rounds, hustle AP steal/heal/cd timers, round 2 and 4, unload CtS (twice if you have enough AP, rotate between 2 strongest targets), then Thunderstrike whoever needs to die first, if you have enough for 2, switch targets and hit it again, but this point the board cascades all to heck.

Marvel red to down indivuals left standing (save her black, if you kill round 2 with her black, the 2nd part may go off on goons in round 3, not giving you ample time to gain AP)

Round 4, by this point, you should be 30 AP in all colors save blue and purple (steals and heals) repeat round 2, if anything is alive, drop marvels black, always save it for last as it reduces AP in another random color (except black) and you can get 3 of them off, which is over 2k damage on the front end, and almost another 2k 3 rounds later if all tiles survive, but normally after the first round of booms, the BE is over.

I started using this team beating BE regularly around level 80, at 94, it became cake... now i have a 3* team to fly through it, but that was my bread and butter for months.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double 1 Cover Alien Instinct. -_______-'
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

i played hard for all 7 days, to get 1 green cover.. My wife, who hadn't even played since the last day of the event .. and only played for like 2 hours on the day the event was ending for the entire week... logged in last night to get a green cover reward, and a token, which she pulled a red cover from..

Wanted to smack her.. i worked for 7 days for 1 cover, she played for 2 hours and got 2... sometimes i do not understand this game.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tossing a 6th red and 6th blue (well, about 8th or 9th) Cmags after waiting 450 days for a 3rd red. Wish we could donate these to team-mates, sell them for HP, or trade them in towards a 4* cover.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:

My mobile roster finished the BE for the first time with 94 Marvel, 94 Storm and 70 Magneto.

Problem when you're underleveled is you're much more reliant on luck.

But 2* can do it. There are a couple of teams which are pretty reliable and a couple that can get it done against the right enemies/with the right drops/etc.
  • My first time beating BE was with 70-80 2* storm, 50-60 2* Magneto (before change) and 70-80 2* Daken. Since this time I'm using 94 Storm, 94 Thore and 60 Magneto. Only time I have problem with BE is when it starts with Ninjas. Otherwise I usually finish without any damaged hero.

My worst moment in MPQ was few days before, when I have 16th place on Carnage event 5 minutes before end and finished 26th. I lacked 4 points to get 2 Magneto covers icon_e_sad.gif
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Was logged into paypal for something and just realized how much money I have actually spent on this game... icon_e_surprised.gif
    On the upside, you're not spending it on League of Legends *kappa*

Yeah that's true, proud to say I have never played that game before. icon_cool.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

i played hard for all 7 days, to get 1 green cover.. My wife, who hadn't even played since the last day of the event .. and only played for like 2 hours on the day the event was ending for the entire week... logged in last night to get a green cover reward, and a token, which she pulled a red cover from..

Wanted to smack her.. i worked for 7 days for 1 cover, she played for 2 hours and got 2... sometimes i do not understand this game.

I had to deal with that when my girlfriend was playing too icon_lol.gif
  • Taking a break from the forum only to come back and realize it's been well over a week since I experienced anything I could even vaguely qualify as a "positive moment" in MPQ, that fully 90%+ of my prior positive moments came from one tiny section of MPQ (DDQ), and wishing I was feeling better about opening the game I want to love...

Honorable mention to wishing the forum was actually taken seriously by the developers, because after a few months of membership, I'm not entirely sure why they even have accounts.

Second honorable mention to the continuation of my nearly unbroken year+ token pull "lucky" streak with another 54 various tokens (Standards, all Tacos, all Heroics & PvE specifics) recently opened and 1 Gold, perhaps ironically from a Lightning Round Standard. Tokens are not awesome, unless your luck is awesome. Mine has not been, for almost two years. Yeah, I'm doing something horribly wrong alright. I'm earning useless tokens in every event I participate in.

Hey, at least I've got MFF, but it's not match 3, which is what I would rather be playing.

DBC
  • Double 1 Cover Alien Instinct. -_______-'

This actually is a good thing, as increased covers in alien instinct will help convert the power from "Lunatic equal damage" to having a distinct advantage in your attack tiles versus the opponents. It's likely the very first cover I hope to get 5 of (although that might not be happening anytime soon) on Carnage.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing Magnetic Mayhem, I was fighting an enemy level 260 Magneto (4/5/4). A few turns in I managed to get an amazing board with at least 20 Team-UP tiles. I needed one red match, and there was a useless match-four for the enemy, so I grabbed the red-3 and chuckled smugly to myself (knowing the enemy would go for the match-4 and leave the team-ups alone, and I'd be free to cast a devastating level 290 red from my 3/5/5 Magneto the following turn.) Only, I had forgotten one tiny thing in my eagerness to bring the funk and bring the pain - the enemy had managed to reach a total of 8 red AP the previous turn. >.< Smug smile quickly turned to a comical-O of surprise as a massive enemy Magneto red turned my own Magneto into mush.
  • Finally opened MPQ tonight after finishing DDQ early this morning...

To discover that our alliance had lost yet another commander.

Awesome.

But, you know, there's not anything wrong with the game, just a bunch of crybabies whining about nothing... as the whole player base and ultimately the game itself dries up and blows away...

At this point, after 560+ days, I'm beginning to wonder if I will end up covering even one 3* before the servers shut down. lol

Special mention to all of my tokens (event & Tacos) producing 1*s and 2*s as usual.

DBC
  • Beat the Ultron round 1 node once, 500 Iso, cool. Remaining prizes: 250 Iso, Hero Points, or an Ultron Token.

Beat it again: 20 Iso. Thanks for playing.

That is going to be the number 1 reason I eventually quit this game, the repeated 20 Iso placeholder drops when the node still has rewards.
  • getting my guild ready for ultron to find out it has **** prizes
  • SnowcaTT
    Mid-season I bought two red HB covers with saved HP, so I had four and season reward would give me five.

Drew the 5th red the next day.

So today is the sad day where I throw away a 4* cover for the first time ever (day 457).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Mid-season I bought two red HB covers with saved HP, so I had four and season reward would give me five.

So today is the sad day where I throw away a 4* cover for the first time ever (day 457).
    youre supposed to start a second
  • SnowcaTT
    fmftint wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

youre supposed to start a second

FINE....the 850 HP it would cost me to start a second HB icon_e_wink.gif