** Storm (Classic) ** [PRE 2013-12]

Comments

• It only procs when her allies are hit, not when she is hit.
  • Also it won't proc if she is stunned, or if she dies in the attack.
  • forgrim wrote:
    captain america on a apples to apples level to level comparison to thor is just hilarious. the damage and health disparity is huge, although captain america does more damage with basic matching. so he's a great tank on offense, soaking up everyone's damage while thor just hammers and thunder calls and does his damage.

should see my juggernaut team on defense, captain america, juggernaut, and thor. they match their strongest colors usually and if you take juggernaut down as fast as you can, you still got thor hammering away.

or at least i'm hoping my team is doing that on defense, i haven't gotten attacked really with this team.
    Cap has utility which is great for PVE and any PVP team that utilizes special tiles. Only prob is that characters that utilize special tiles aren't as popular because they're harder to obtain than Thor or Storm.
  • I run with Storm Classic because she is super powerful, but I haven't used her yellow ability in a week. And when I did, it was a cascade accident that wiped out my whole team. icon_mrgreen.gif

Nerfing her because of her yellow power sounds hilarious.
  • forgrim wrote:
    captain america on a apples to apples level to level comparison to thor is just hilarious. the damage and health disparity is huge, although captain america does more damage with basic matching. so he's a great tank on offense, soaking up everyone's damage while thor just hammers and thunder calls and does his damage.

A skilled-up Cap is an absolute monster against PvE minions, even high-end ones. L5 red and blue kill Countdown tiles dead and are energy-efficient when villains aren't moving gems, and all three skills have offensive options because they're directly placed and can make 4-gems and criticals easy.

The fact that there are no HAMMER minions or Maggia muscles in PvP tournaments does tend to make Thor a slightly better choice there. But there is more to this game than PvP.
  • i ran a captain america throughout the tournaments that he was boosted, and he was great. its just that at level 60, his red ability does 400 damage, which is pretty damn low. on pve enemies, its good for cleaning out and not taking damage, but in pvp, he has his merits, but currently, he can't stand to the big dogs.

but characters distinguish themselves, and he could be a pve hero
  • Everybody complains about c.Storm's yellow skill but her green and blue are fantastic as well. 11 AP for her blue seems too low for what it does.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Everybody complains about c.Storm's yellow skill but her green and blue are fantastic as well. 11 AP for her blue seems too low for what it does.
    true
    classic green ot so good compared to modern green [a lot of tiles crushed ^^]
    blue, it's really good, stu 4turn and AoE attack at 1300+ at lv 69, i wonder how much damage at lv85

but i'e been wondering, whenever i use cstorm +thor/ironman and lv1venom as bait. why the hell when i matched env tile, the one who step up is cstorm?? the same thing when i usec storm lv69, juggernaut lv 25 and lv 1 bait. why the one who take up the damage is juggernaut [is it cause he's buffed? eventhough his level is half of my c.storm?]. mid-high leveljuggernaut+c.storm +bait combo can not be exploited. the strategy broken
    hence, i'm bcak with the abuse of old strategy [even though it's risky], if i got no enironmental tiles match or 11 blue ap before c.storm died, i'm practicaly crippled.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Everybody complains about c.Storm's yellow skill but her green and blue are fantastic as well. 11 AP for her blue seems too low for what it does.
    true
    classic green ot so good compared to modern green [a lot of tiles crushed ^^]
    blue, it's really good, stu 4turn and AoE attack at 1300+ at lv 69, i wonder how much damage at lv85

but i'e been wondering, whenever i use cstorm +thor/ironman and lv1venom as bait. why the hell when i matched env tile, the one who step up is cstorm?? the same thing when i usec storm lv69, juggernaut lv 25 and lv 1 bait. why the one who take up the damage is juggernaut [is it cause he's buffed? eventhough his level is half of my c.storm?]. mid-high leveljuggernaut+c.storm +bait combo can not be exploited. the strategy broken
    hence, i'm bcak with the abuse of old strategy [even though it's risky], if i got no enironmental tiles match or 11 blue ap before c.storm died, i'm practicaly crippled.

Might depend on the character order?

I use daken as bait; hes fantastic. Baits off purple, black, and environment while doing good damage. Then heals himself back up icon_e_smile.gif

Using L60 storm L60 thor and L45 daken, #2 in my pool right now.
  • Is there a pattern to who steps forward when you match an environment tile?
  • i never thought the team order also deciding the one to take damage .
    usually i thought the weakest level take the damage when env tile matched.

so in conclusion, priority= 1. buffed character
    2. weakest [cause it seems the bait even though placed in 3rd order still take the damage when env tile matched
    3. team order [no1 as bait]
  • bs0672188 wrote:
    I use C. Storm and Ragnarok and I love them. There is an issue with the balance, though. Already 50% of my battles I can win by using rag's thunder clap to generate green, c. Storms green ability to generate red, and so on until I kill 2 characters before 1 move has even been made. God help the other team if they hit one of my guys in the process as I then can bust out 2-3 thunderclaps and 2 to 3 tempests. Add maxed ability marvel now magneto to the mix and I win over half my battles in one move with boosts. As cool as that is, it's also annoying to be FORCED to play that way to do well in tourneys! Wins per hour is the ONLY way to get rewards and even the, I'm having a toughost time keeping up in the tourneys because I go to school, work, and do everyday like stuff! I think the solution would be NOT nerfing /buffing characters, but CHANGING the tourney format by altering win cons or eliminating wph altogether.

This is exactly the problem ^. Anyone that has ragnarok and storm are pretty much ensured a win. It's game breaking for players that don't have the time/luck/money to fully boost a ragnarok. I understand that their target demographic is people that spend but even the it's still not fair. Take 2 teams of fully leveled ragnarok, C. Storm and say M. Magneto. Who wins this battle? The first person to make a green or red match basically which will almost always be the person attacking. How is that not game breaking? Also how could this possibly be fun?
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Try out the suggestions forum, where every man and his dog is obsessed with how OP Classic Storm is!

Some max level stats for you, with a 5/4/4 build:

Classic Storm - Level 85

2670 HP

Damage
    39 Yellow
    11 Red
    45 Blue
    50 Green
    9 Pink
    10 Black

3.5x Multiplier
    3 Environment Tile

Lightning Storm (Level 5)
    Power Cost 12 AP
    Destroys one tile for every green AP, dealing damage and generating AP. So, at 30 green AP, that's a lot of AP coming in and damage dealt - typically hits for 300-400 damage, but fluctuates.

Wind Storm (Level 4)
    Power Cost 11 AP
    Damages each opponent for 1670 and stuns the target for 3 turns. (Stuns for 4 turns at Level 5, if you choose to go that route)

Raging Tempest (Level 4)
    Power Cost 0 AP
    (Passive ability) If either of Storm's allies are damaged for 20% of their max health, all enemies are damaged for 1670 and 5 red AP is generated. Source of much ire on these forums. (Generates 6 red AP at Level 5, if you choose to go that route.)

Now I understand why most of other teams I face in tournaments are : "Storm Classic, Thor, and another one" ....
  • Character in center takes the elemental tiles......
  • Nope. I've had characters on the left take the elemental tiles before.
  • Is there a pattern to who steps forward when you match an environment tile?

Jesus.. there's an environmental tile stat, look it up near the rest of your character's stats.. highest one "attacks"
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Is there a pattern to who steps forward when you match an environment tile?

Jesus.. there's an environmental tile stat, look it up near the rest of your character's stats.. highest one "attacks"

And if they all tie then it is the one in the center that will make the match.
  • ds108j wrote:
    Now I understand why most of other teams I face in tournaments are : "Storm Classic, Thor, and another one" ....

I don't think I've seen a L85 cStorm yet (obviously I haven't played against The Ladder; although I'm quite sure that if I did see him I'd be pressing "Skip" as quickly as possible), but I have seen a number of L60-something and maybe one L80-something.

They're still pretty easy to kill in PvP. And if "X" is a low level throwaway then you really end up with only two characters to kill, one of which is squishy.

If you're playing at the level where you have to worry about a L85 cStorm then you probably have high level Rag/Thor/Wolv yourself. If not... Skip!
  • One reason that's often ignored regarding the mass classic storm usage is the fact that the game mechanics encourage you to use the same/similar characters against the enemy. Why? Because matching the tiles that your opponents need to do damage will be the ones you use for damage. If you used characters that made use of different gems, you'd end up taking more damage OR doing less damage because you cannot both power yourself up and defend yourself meaningfully at the same time.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Is there a pattern to who steps forward when you match an environment tile?

Thanks but I think you will find most of the time there is no highest one and hence me asking the question

Also thanks Bainee that was the answer I was after
This discussion has been closed.