Mr. Fantastic or The Thing?

Options
Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
The new patch notes preview started with something about 1961 and outer space. Since that's when the F.F. first appeared and where they got their powers it made me guess that maybe one of these two were on their way, if not both.
Who'd you rather see?
Me, I'd rather it be The Thing. That said, if it were the Thing I'd hope his powers made sense, and to make sense he'd have to be weaker than the Hulk. And if he's weaker than the Hulk, I'm not sure I really want the Thing. Mr. Fantastic, maybe? But then...

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I can't think of anything interesting they'd do with The Thing that wasn't a combination of Colossus, Hulk, She-Hulk, and Luke Cage. Smashes everything up, takes less damage, has a lot of hit points. What else could you do with him? An ability called Clobberin' Time, where he puts out a countdown tile and does extra damage while it's on the board? Vision just did that.

Cage punches the enemy. She-Hulk punches the ground. Hulk claps his hands. Thing would probably do one of those. I've never really seen a point in him being in the game, whereas Reed Richards could do a great many new and interesting things. Rocket already "invents" a few strike tiles, but Reed is way smarter than that. Kamala uses her stretchiness to change tile colours. Hope Reed does more than that. She also makes big fists. Hope Reed doesn't do that.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can't think of anything interesting they'd do with The Thing that wasn't a combination of Colossus, Hulk, She-Hulk, and Luke Cage. Smashes everything up, takes less damage, has a lot of hit points. What else could you do with him? An ability called Clobberin' Time, where he puts out a countdown tile and does extra damage while it's on the board? Vision just did that.

Cage punches the enemy. She-Hulk punches the ground. Hulk claps his hands. Thing would probably do one of those. I've never really seen a point in him being in the game, whereas Reed Richards could do a great many new and interesting things. Rocket already "invents" a few strike tiles, but Reed is way smarter than that. Kamala uses her stretchiness to change tile colours. Hope Reed does more than that. She also makes big fists. Hope Reed doesn't do that.

That does bring up a good point: how many more abilities can there possibly be without creating some new mechanics? As far as I can remember the last "new" ability we got was charged tiles with 4*Thor and Rags. We need something new soon...
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    If the thing he could blow wind storm. Also jump into action wrestle enemy to ground. Funny I know.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Here is hoping they do both and finally finish a damn super hero team instead of all these ones missing characters.

I guess if you count the movie Avengers they have all those guys, but still missing War Machine.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    This is how I'd design Mr. Fantastic. I would use different colors than Invisible Woman so they can play together.

Purple 11AP:
    Mr. Fantastic stretches out to make a bold maneuver.
    Swaps two selected rows. Does damage (increased per skill).

Black 7AP:
    The enemies won't see what hit them. Mr. Fantastic gets supplemental.
    Adds 3 attack tiles and 1 red strike tile. At skill 5, 6 attack tiles and 2 red strike tiles.

Red (passive):
    Mr. Fantastic wants to shut his enemy down.
    Whenever someone makes a red match,
    Skill 1: turns a blue tile to 3-turn CD appears and it will destroy the a tile above and below it. Deals damage and collects AP.
    Skill 2: turns a blue tile to 3-turn CD appears and it will destroy 2 tiles above and below it. Deals damage and collects AP.
    Skill 3: turns a blue tile to 3-turn CD appears and it will destroy 3 tiles above and below it. Deals damage and collects AP.
    Skill 4: turns a blue tile to 3-turn CD appears and it will destroy 4 tiles above and below it. Deals damage and collects AP.
    Skill 5: turns a blue tile to 2-turn CD appears and it will destroy the entire column. Deals damage and collects AP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Here is hoping they do both and finally finish a damn super hero team instead of all these ones missing characters.

I guess if you count the movie Avengers they have all those guys, but still missing War Machine.

I think he's being saved for Civil War next year.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Since the next one in line should be a 3*, would be curious if Mr Fantastic is released as a 3* while his wife is a 4*. Then again, Sue could probably pwn Reed in a 1-on-1
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is how I'd design Mr. Fantastic. I would use different colors than Invisible Woman so they can play together.

Purple 11AP:
    Mr. Fantastic stretches out to make a bold maneuver.
    Swaps two selected rows. Does damage (increased per skill).

Swapping two rows sounds interesting
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:

Yah, let's complete the avengers and the x-men, would only need 50 or so more roster slots considering everyone who has been with them over the years...
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    aww come on... no ant man? His movie will be out soon
  • Unknown
    Options
    aww come on... no ant man? His movie will be out soon

I think we're getting one in July. I'll be very surprised if we don't. But it wouldn't be this early.