My OBW is broken. Should I level her?

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
My OBW was built at 5/5/2 before I realised I have built her wrongly and should have gone 3/5/5. Thus I did not level her and she is still at level 6. I am trying to build a new OBW now and the new one is at 0/0/3.

I have been seeing a lot of teams are using OBW. Question is, should I level up my broken 5/5/2 OBW and use her as part of my team?
FYI, my current team consist of:

85 Thor 5/5/3
85 Wolv 5/3/5
77 Hulk 4/2/2
70 Ares 4/4/5
70 Cpt 3/5/5
70 Spidy 2/4/3
67 C Storm 5/5/3
55 Punisher 4/3/4

Comments

• Dystrophy
    Dystrophy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I actually happened to level my OBW to 61 (which was my highest at the time), and built her 5/5/3. Not until later did I realize people said to build differently. I really do like 5/5/3 as it can help with long drawn out games, and heals for a much higher amount. Having her heal has allowed me to really build up my team and get in the top 10 in a lot of different tournies. So imo, use her 5/5/3. But I'm sure others have different opinions.
  • I'd say either 553 and 355 are viable. I prefer 355 due to the lower stealing cost (I need only 1 purple tile match when using boosts), but as someone explained it in the OBW topic, 5 in purple can be very useful, of which I fully agree. It just doesn't fit my playstyle.

5 in healing is always useful, especially during Ares' Sunder dominance.
  • I actually prefer 5/5/3. 3/5/5 is better with Wolverine since you get to use strike tiles twice, but he's getting nerfed eventually, so don't worry about that. 11 is easier to get to than you'd think. All you need is for the enemy to get 2-3 purple AP, then you're there in 3 matches (since you essentially get 4 ap for a 3 match). After that, it's just another 2 matches, and stealing 4 of every color shuts most teams down pretty hard.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been using my 5,5,3 OBW for a long time now and really like the build. Yes the steal take a little longer to build up but once you have it you can like Grimeon said, shut down the other team pretty hard.
  • If you put her with spidey you wouldnt miss the 3/5/5 because he will do the match. Hunting purples will provide you protect tiles and a sweat ability.

A 3/5/5 OBW is only good if she can do the matching.

I prefer a 2/5/5 but the lvl cap doesnt allow it T_T.
  • I did the same thing she only lvl 31, dam you devs when are we getting respec option.
    Thor is messed up too but he's going to be nefred so it might turn out good for him (535)
  • I had 4/5 OBW before they even added the third skill. I was pretty pissed because it's obvious to me that having 3/5/5 is better than 4/5/4 or 5/5/3. I have a lot of spare HP right now and I'm thinking of building another OBW to get 3/5/5.

Mine right now is like L51 and she's plenty useful as is. I don't feel the need to level her more compared to some of my 3* guys that need love. Should be relatively easy to get her back up to that level once she's rebuilt... just kind of bummed that I'm going to lose a LOT of ISO on it...