Divine Champions

Comments

• People are probably doing the new events. Activity should pick back up closer to the end.
  • There is something so strange going on for this second round. I'm at 610 point, second place in my bracket.

I'm unable to progress, everyone i see is below me on points and got some Thor/Ares/Classic Storm combinations that i cannot beat (my Thor is not functional, i'm runing obw-wolverine team).

What's even weirder than me hitting a wall is that i wasnt attacked all day. Not a single attack. I see there is a thread on the front page about this, so ill check it out, but this is starting to creep me. It's like the entire tourney is dead icon_neutral.gif
  • My attempt to get to 1200 failed, tank time. Attack away (not that I wasn't already being hit for -30 every minute!)
  • gobstopper wrote:
    My attempt to get to 1200 failed, tank time. Attack away (not that I wasn't already being hit for -30 every minute!)

Apparently nobody can see tank teams, so your noble effort is wasted. As was mine. I've been trying to get attacked with a shielded tank team since 9am PST, but no luck. No Loki covers for me this round, but at least two more Punisher covers!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I seem to have fallen into a matchmaking pothole. My bagman team was only attacked once overnight....and it was a yield icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Finally made to 800 .... wait ...what ... no 730 again - only 8 matches for 10 points and I should be good

I discovered that I am really sarcastic
  • Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, I seem to have fallen into a matchmaking pothole. My bagman team was only attacked once overnight....and it was a yield icon_rolleyes.gif

My guess is that was someone who attacked your full-strength team just before you subbed in your tank team, and you didn't see the result until later. I had 3-5 attacks show up just after I subbed in my tank team, two of which were yields. No one has attacked me since.

It would be interesting to know if it's only the shielded tank teams that are not showing up or if any subbed-in low team disappears. If the latter, free shields! Or maybe the game only offers the strongest team you've played in the tournament to opponents? Will bear some spading in the coming days.

If anyone sees me, I am *supposed* to be showing 6 C Storm / 6 Bagman / 2 Yelena. I am guessing that I am *actually* showing 68 Ares / 53 Thor / 85 OBW. Would love to hear what people see.
  • Sitting shielded in 2nd place. Fingers crossed!
  • I'm seeing the same. I put in a 28 Loki / 6 Bag Man / 4 CHawkeye, no hits in the past four hours. If you see me, I'd be curious to know if that's the team you see, or if you see some combination of Thor/Ares/Ragnarok/Storm (I've been playing with various combinations throughout).

It's definitely not just that shielded tank teams are invisible, as I'm not shielded at the moment.
    wathombe wrote:
    Will bear some spading in the coming days.
    <3
  • wathombe wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    My attempt to get to 1200 failed, tank time. Attack away (not that I wasn't already being hit for -30 every minute!)

Apparently nobody can see tank teams, so your noble effort is wasted. As was mine. I've been trying to get attacked with a shielded tank team since 9am PST, but no luck. No Loki covers for me this round, but at least two more Punisher covers!
    So how does this anti-tanking mechanic work? You're right, I haven't been attacked since I switched teams. So basically I could reach a high score, put in a tank team, and maintain my score? Lol @ this game
  • It's definitely not just that shielded tank teams are invisible, as I'm not shielded at the moment.

Huh. It's possible it's just showing your stronger team, which is dissuading people from attacking. That doesn't explain why i'm not getting attacked, though, as my team, while no pushover, is by no means unbeatable. Further, before I shielded and put in my tank team, I was getting hit every now and again.

I'm going to look for opponents for a final push in a couple hours. I will look for your team (although I hadn't seen you show up before I shielded, so I'm guessing you're in a higher MMR bubble). Depending on what opponents I find, I will either push for Loki covers or re-shield for the last 3 hours.
    wathombe wrote:
    Will bear some spading in the coming days.
    <3
    <3icon_e_wink.gif
  • I suspect your team doesn't get updated until you win a match with it. Seems like a pretty reasonable solution to the tanking teams. If you want to tank, it's got to be a team at least strong enough to beat somebody.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I suspect your team doesn't get updated until you win a match with it. Seems like a pretty reasonable solution to the tanking teams. If you want to tank, it's got to be a team at least strong enough to beat somebody.

I think this is a very good observation and very very possible. Or maybe you can't retreat / yield.

So possibly either must win, or at least must complete a full match.
  • That still doesn't explain why I'm not getting attacked anymore though. Even before I put in a tank team I was getting hit every minute or so. As soon as I switched and shielded the attacks completely stopped.
  • Ah, good point. This is the first time I've tried tanking in something other than LRs. When I tank there, I take the time to lose the match, because I don't care about getting attacked. This morning, I retreated.

If I re-shield for the last three hours, I will try actually losing the match instead to see if that changes anything. If no one can see my tank team anyway until I complete the match, I'm not exposing myself to any cheap wins anyway.

EDIT:
    gobstopper wrote:
    That still doesn't explain why I'm not getting attacked anymore though. Even before I put in a tank team I was getting hit every minute or so. As soon as I switched and shielded the attacks completely stopped.

Fair point. Strange things are afoot.
  • What if being shielded takes you off the radar?
  • I was just attacked once. Andydna, if you're on here, what was my team?
  • What if being shielded takes you off the radar?

Mischief isn't shielded, and he isn't being attacked.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah im done with this tournament. 67 ares / 85 thor / 90 hulk isnt working as i cant escape from mmr hell of 700-800 points. I guess purple loki and red wolvie can wait till later...
  • I am honestly perplexed... I am around 850 points and see no teams worth more than 25 points... most are in the 12-16 range icon_eek.gif
    Am I not supposed to see all the top scorers by now?