*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Unknown
edited September 2016 in Character Details
[anchor=daredevil3]Daredevil (Man Without Fear)[/anchor] icon_daredevil.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 8670 Tile damage: 11/61/70/79/12/13/3.5
    Radar Sense - Purple 10 AP
    Daredevil uses his Radar Sense to avoid his enemy's assault and strike at their weaknesses. Converts up to 3 random enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles to basic tiles and deals 71 damage for each tile converted.
      Level Upgrades Level 2: Deals 109 damage for each converted tile. Level 3: Deals 131 damage for each converted tile. Level 4: Converts up to 4 Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles to basic tiles. Level 5: Converts up to 5 tiles, dealing 180 damage per tile.
    Max Level: 574 for each converted tile.
      Billy Club - Blue 9 AP
      Daredevil's Billy Club ricochets from target to target, striking his enemies with amazing accuracy. Stuns the target for 1 turn and creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that stuns for 1 turn, then creates a new Billy Club Countdown tile. If you match it, Daredevil catches his club and gains 1 Blue AP.
        Level Upgrades Level 2: Matching the Billy Club tile generates 2 Blue AP. Level 3: Stuns for 2 turns before placing the Countdown tile. Level 4: Creates a 3 turn Countdown tile. Level 5: Countdown tile stuns for 2 turns. Matching the Billy Club tile gains 3 AP.
        Ambush - Red 8 AP
        Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 822 damage. If you match the tile, the enemy takes 279 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
          Level Upgrades Level 2: Deals 948 damage when the enemy matches the tile, 356 damage when you match it. Level 3: Deals 1123 damage when the enemy matches the tile, 410 damage when you match it. Level 4: Deals 1370 damage when the enemy matches the tile, 574 damage when you match it. Level 5: Deals 1726 damage when the enemy matches the tile, 957 damage when you match it.
        Max Level: 5447/3044 damage.

Older version below.
        [anchor=daredevil3]Daredevil (Classic)[/anchor] icon_daredevil.png
        At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile damage: 11/61/70/79/12/13/3.5
          Radar Sense - Purple 11 purpletile.png
          Daredevil's heightened senses let him strike first, terrifying the enemy. Creates an Random Basic Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, steals 2 AP from all colors. If you match the tile, it steals 1 Purple AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
            Level 2: Steals 3 AP on enemy match. Level 3: Steals 4 AP on enemy match. Level 4: Steals 5 AP on enemy match. Level 5: Steals 6 AP on enemy match.
            Equalizer - Blue 7 bluetile.png
            Billy Club in hand, Daredevil prowls the battlefield, waiting to even the odds. Create a Blue trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. if you match the tile, it generates 1 Blue AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
              Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns. Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns. Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns. Level 5: Stuns for 6 turns.
              Ambush - Red 7 redtile.png
              Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 473 damage. If you match the tile, the enemy takes 24 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
                Level 2: 662 damage on enemy match. Level 3: 851 damage on enemy match. Level 4: 1041 damage on enemy match. Level 5: 1230 damage on enemy match.
              Max Level: Enemy takes 9040 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 148 damage on player match

[anchor=daredevil3]Daredevil (Classic)[/anchor]
              At Max Level: HP: 5800 Tile damage: 10/52/60/67/11/12
                Radar Sense - Purple 11 AP
                Daredevil's heightened senses let him strike first, terrifying the enemy. Creates an Environment Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, steals 2 AP from all colors. If you match the tile, it steals 1 Purple AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2: Steals 3 AP on enemy match. Level 3: Steals 4 AP on enemy match. Level 4: Steals 5 AP on enemy match. Level 5: Steals 6 AP on enemy match.
                  Equalizer - Blue 7 AP
                  Billy Club in hand, Daredevil prowls the battlefield, waiting to even the odds. Create a Blue trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. if you match the tile, it generates 1 Blue AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
                  Level Upgrades
                    Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns. Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns. Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns. Level 5: Stuns for 6 turns.
                    Ambush - Red 7 AP
                    Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 473 damage. If you match the tile, the enemy takes 24 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
                    Level Upgrades
                      Level 2: 662 damage on enemy match. Level 3: 851 damage on enemy match. Level 4: 1041 damage on enemy match. Level 5: 1230 damage on enemy match.
                    Max Level: Enemy takes 7712 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 148 damage on player match

Original Post:
                    GEFPenst wrote:
                    New addition:
                    829088bd-7b46-43ae-9e12-1d084121b7a5.png
                    image thanks to Coolbond
                    <Snip stats>
                    Sounds like great defensive character for PvE - hard to destroy traps with nasty effects. Also, new mechanic is always good in my book. Your thoughts?

Additional info on traps:
                    - match-4 and match-5 activate traps
                    - overwrite abilities like Daken's Stroke or Venom's Web overwrite traps, thus disarming them
                    - Moonstone' relocation ability doesn't affect traps
                    - destruction abilities like Storm' Lightning disarm traps
                    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• It looks like his red deals huuuuge damage. Interesting character concept, but unless his blue scales to stun the entire enemy team, I'm not sure how useful he is.
                    • Celerity wrote:
                      It looks like his red deals huuuuge damage. Interesting character concept, but unless his blue scales to stun the entire enemy team, I'm not sure how useful he is.
                      Well, since his stun at lv2 stuns for 3 turns, it's either mbw's scheme 5-1 or lower cost. Or maybe at lv5 you can place it instead of just creating.
                      Another point - his purple creates enviro trap, with AI's low for enviro it could be very useful even on offense.
                    • I really like the look of Daredevil. His attacks are going to be really interesting to use on offence and defence, and I'd love to see what his max level stats look like. Hopefully I can finish high enough in the tournaments to get him.
                    • DaveyPitch wrote:
                      I really like the look of Daredevil. His attacks are going to be really interesting to use on offence and defence, and I'd love to see what his max level stats look like. Hopefully I can finish high enough in the tournaments to get him.
                      Well, if Hulk is any indication, you will get at least 1-2 covers in any case.
                    • I really appreciate that if you use the tile it still pops up in a different location. Looks to be a fun champ but could be very RNG.
                    • Something about these abilities looks familiar. hmm...

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=514&p=4049#p4049

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1219&p=14505#p14455

Great minds think alike, although greater minds are able to make the necessary changes to make it work. I like the invisibility for the opponent and how matching it, moves it.
                    • Wicked excited about Daredevil. Wish it were wider bracketing, I feel I have a better chance at a good position in Hulk style than limited, where I would get stuck with some heavy grinders lol.
                    • Kelbris
                      Kelbris Posts: 1,051
                      How will this work against AI?
                    • Spoit
                      Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
                      Kelbris wrote:
                      You'd want to leave an enemy that can use blue/red so that they'd actually want to match it. Though the environmental one is probably the best, because the AI LOVES matching environmental tiles
                    • Kelbris wrote:

Since the tiles are invisible, one would assume the AI wouldn't know where they are. His abilities won't be very effective against human opponents anyway, since the AP trap is on environmental, the blue trap doesn't matter, and the red can probably be avoided.

I dunno, the abilities still seem too random for me. Imagine there are 7 tiles and 3 of them can be matched, you've still got a 4/7 chance that your trap will end up somewhere irrelevant, and the rest of the time there's a pretty good chance the AI will break up your trap or leave it alone. AP stealing and stuns, in particular, are not effects that you want to leave uncontrolled.
                    • I'm intrigued... I like to see some variety in the special abilities. Good step in the right direction. I hope future characters released down the road continue to embrace new mechanics like this.
                    • Sounds cool, but you it sounds like you don't get to control who it damages/stuns.

I think it's best to match it yourself when possible. If you can match 3 in one move lol.

I hope people start using him so I can Hulk Smash them. Wolvie and Punisher are also good vs him since strike tiles either take up or reveal the trap location.
                    • This will be one character that I will be grinding as much as possible to get. Cover slot already open for him.
                    • It sounds like fun,
                      What will be the interaction between abilities that only change color tiles?
                      I hope that them only change the tile color leaving the trap.
                    • O God...what you could do with 12 blue ap and a magneto. 7 to get the blue tile down, matches all give +1 blue so as long as you don't get a blue in a weird corner alone you will be using his blue even longer than usual. Match 5s now build ap...match 4s are even as long as you are matching the blue tile of course).

That red damage is pretty intense for an opponent match as well.

Overall though, he probably will be worrisome to play against if you play a high level one without buffs but generally his skills are not passives and so it takes him too ling imo to really become a problem. While his def is still one of the better ones at a glance I don't know how great his others moves really will be. In a way, like doom, he isn't bad it just takes so long for him to rev up. .his abilities are based on the machine lucking into matching your tile ftp do the real damage too so that's a lot of time between placing the tile and activation. As an irritating third to cover purple he will probably work fine though. Not everyone should be a tank or a cannon.

I like them adding new layers to a game that is honestly a bit tiring given how much I've played the last 2 months. So daredevil is much appreciated.
                    • With invisible tiles, there are a lot of questions. Will OBW freeze before espionage kicks in? Will GBW be able to change the color of it? Can you use Mag (classic) or Capt to change it to a shield or countdown tile? Does Moonstone warp it?
                    • eidehua
                      eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
                      Hmm.. if daredevil was on the AI side, I suppose it's possible he matches his own trap, and destroys it because there are no open spots left? This could be especially the case with strike/attack tiles taking up red.
                    • Enivronmental tiles are plenty good on forest or even desert. I imagine this would be like Modern Storm, a character you hate to see on a valuable enviornmental map.
                    • ZeiramMR
                      ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
                      For those that have seen Daredevil in action, the Blue trap tile from Equalizer generates an EXTRA AP when you match it, or is it just the normal one that any blue tile would be worth?
                    • If both teams have daredevil can yousee all trap tiles? If not why.