**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Comments

• Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    ProfX and a pre-nerf CMag would be god mode icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Stanley71 wrote:
    ProfX and a pre-nerf CMag would be god mode icon_e_biggrin.gif
    If we're talking pre-nerf loki PX would be hilarious
  • Carnage is overpowered by mechanics that favor offense/defense not so much as his raw power. Imagine you have a character that has only this ability: 1 red AP - deals 3000 damage to everyone (that includes your team and their team). We'll pretend you actually have to present a usable team instead of just 2 random guys while using this guy to prevent the easiest way to get around his ability's drawback. This character, on offense, is pretty tame except for being able to instantly win any PvP game (note that he wouldn't win any game in PvE against opponents that have 3000 more HP than he does, which there are plenty) at the cost of 3 health packs/150 HP, which would only be useful in a shield hopping situation. Now imagine you're attacking this character. All I can say is good luck.

One thing I'm finding out about Prof X is that he turns out to be surprisingly level dependent. The previous powerhouses like X Force or Thor 4* or Magneto, your enemies could be level 999 and it really wouldn't make much of a difference other than their match damage. You can likewise lose quite a few levels on your pre nerf X Force/Thor/Magneto/etc and still take on 395s just fine (again ignoring match damage). Prof X, despite his moves seems to not dependent level, really does need all the levels. If an enemy has say 50 more levels, they can each take one more Master Plan, and 3 more Master Plans is a lot even while running a broken combo. So using him while he's not boosted is much harder and that might keep him somewhat sane. This isn't true with a character like pre nerf X Force who you would definitely always use whether he's level 270 or 350.
  • they have to nerf Carnage + HUlkbuster before professor X if that's any consolation
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I think PX blue will probably get nerfed before HB/Carnage

Mainly the AP Generation portion of his ability.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    What should be done: D3 should nerf any character that is under covered by me icon_e_biggrin.gif

What will be done: Horse race between Carnage, PX and HB to who will be used by over 50% of the player population. Winning character will have a date with the nerf bat.
  • Source: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=29075&p=351665#p351665
    There are currently no plans to make any updates (positive or negative) to any 4-Star characters. If it becomes apparent that an update is needed at some point in the future, we will post here and elsewhere giving players forewarning as to the upcoming change as we have done previously.
    Of course this doesn't include other fixes that indirectly nerf Prof X, such as the AI no longer firing skills into nothing when all targets are invisible.
  • Davyx wrote:
    Source: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=29075&p=351665#p351665
    There are currently no plans to make any updates (positive or negative) to any 4-Star characters. If it becomes apparent that an update is needed at some point in the future, we will post here and elsewhere giving players forewarning as to the upcoming change as we have done previously.
    Of course this doesn't include other fixes that indirectly nerf Prof X, such as the AI no longer firing skills into nothing when all targets are invisible.
    I'll only believe it when it's in game....they said they were gonna look at all characters to buff/nerf and SPECIFICALLY pointed out 3*Iron Man/GSBW as ones to look at then proceeded to ignore them.

Then they basically stated 'we have no plans to change any 3* characters', slap in the face, especially when Ragnarok/Sentry are sitting in the hospital in a coma
  • Davyx wrote:
    Source: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=29075&p=351665#p351665
    What are you talking about? I killed juggs a bunch of times by waiting for him to headbutt himself to death in pve yesterday.
  • Ha ha. Might want to check in-game on that. There was a new update today.
  • Ha ha. Might want to check in-game on that. There was a new update today.
    ??????????????????????
  • I love utilizing characters to initiate profX mastermind. I also spent HP to upgrade, so I would be disappointed if they changed that in some way. Also I chose to level up certain characters that trigger this. It's a fun strategy. It does also make a less intriguing character more viable. For example Quicksilver Black. For a player with my roster which isn't that high powered it's a great way to get an edge in various matches. I think they did a terrific job creating this ability. Keep it.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    ??????????????????????
    Still testing this, but it seems like the enemy AI no longer fires off skills that only do direct damage when only Prof X is left and invisible. Enemies will now sit on their AP until Prof X is eventually revealed.

Not sure if this had been in effect prior to the update, but after the update, I found that the AI no longer fires Moonstone red or Venom black when they won't hit anything.

Interestingly, Jugg will still fire his red and do damage to himself, Ragnarok will still fire red and generate blue tiles, and Ares will fire his green and give you green AP, likely because these are skills that have additional effects.

If you have more insights into this, please share. icon_e_geek.gif
  • Davyx wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ??????????????????????
    Still testing this, but it seems like the enemy AI no longer fires off skills that only do direct damage when only Prof X is left and invisible. Enemies will now sit on their AP until Prof X is eventually revealed.

Not sure if this had been in effect prior to the update, but after the update, I found that the AI no longer fires Moonstone red or Venom black when they won't hit anything.

Interestingly, Jugg will still fire his red and do damage to himself, Ragnarok will still fire red and generate blue tiles, and Ares will fire his green and give you green AP, likely because these are skills that have additional effects.

If you have more insights into this, please share. icon_e_geek.gif
    Far as I can tell they all still fire whatever skills light up.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    I wanted to know when Master plan gets triggered and you are supposed to gain ap from the strongest color... How is this done?

Lets Say I play with Kingpin, Professor X and Shethor...

All 3 characters have their highest color at 82 maxed...

Is this a who is positioned in the middle gets the ap?
  • It's random amongst the ties.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Can someone confirm this?
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Phantron wrote:
    It's random amongst the ties.
    Yes, if your 4*'s are all the same level, it generates a random color of the strongest from each character. If you have a 3*, then their match damage will be higher until the 4* is level 222, and then 4*'s always get "strongest color".

Also, this should probably be posted in the Prof. X topic (which also has this answer already, I believe).
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    My view on him has changed. Blue while insane requires either board luck or specific characters. GSBW is about the only one that can consistently abuse him and that can be fixed by making green her strongest color. Pvp he is a liability and since it appears that D3 is making nerfs and buffs now off of high level PvP I don't see him getting nerfed directly any time soon.

Now for a question. Is it worth leveling PX past 221 assuming your ISO is limited?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    My view on him has changed. Blue while insane requires either board luck or specific characters. GSBW is about the only one that can consistently abuse him and that can be fixed by making green her strongest color. Pvp he is a liability and since it appears that D3 is making nerfs and buffs now off of high level PvP I don't see him getting nerfed directly any time soon.

Now for a question. Is it worth leveling PX past 221 assuming your ISO is limited?

(yes)