A.K.A. Jessica Jones

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Not mine, here is the original, he did not have enough posts to start a thread.
davie_r2d2 wrote:
A.K.A. Jessica Jones

Please note: I'm basing this character idea off the other two "Heroes for Hire" already out there, because I think that they really should be used as a team. I hope you all like the idea.

Powerhouse: Yellow passive
Jessica Jones, with enough strength to lift a car, brings in the muscle. At the beginning of every turn, if there are no friendly Strike tiles, create a strength 46 Yellow Strike tile. (356 at max level)

Flying Smash: Red (12 AP)
Jessica Jones soars into the air to gain momentum, and then flies down, bashing the enemy and knocking her foe senseless. Deals 378 damage and stuns the enemy for one turn. If there is at least one friendly Strike, Protect, and Attack tile on the field, she smashes them with the force of her blow, dealing an additional 180 damage to the entire enemy team. (3684 damage, + 2475 team damage at max level)

Keen Eye: Blue (5 AP)

Through her illustrious careers as a private detective and journalist, as well as her skills in raising her own children, Jessica is able to know how to inspire her fellow heroes to do better, while also figuring out the best way to weaken her opponents. Jessica improves the strength of 3 friendly Attack, Protect, or Strength tiles by 25 and converts any one enemy special tile into a basic tile. (improves tiles by 155 at max level)

Any advice, improvements, or comments would be very appreciated. Also, if you think this is a good character idea, help us get her made! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also, she needs artwork (/glares at ronin-san the king of finding the perfect covers)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Options
    My initial feedback to get the thread moving

The Strike tile generation to go with cage and IF is brilliant. The Red may be a touch OP at max level. I would make the team damage about 1/2, but have that damage included in the base to initial target (like Thor)

This would make her perfect. Active red and blue, which is missing from the other 2, nicely done. You should make a separate thread for this one.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png 10200 HPs.

250px-Pulse14.jpg

OR

New_Avengers_Vol_1_38.jpg

The strike tile is too strong. Move it closer to Cage's defense tile. Iron Fist gets a pass because his attack tile doesn't make each attack in-turn stronger. That, and he's THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST.

I like the flying smash. It needs to stun. But I'd sooner have her do a huge GSBW like splash to the board, or maybe........OK. Team-ups used to be environmental tiles. And C.Mags and Storm's team-up destruction abilities are still remnants of that design. Consider that. I say she destroys teamups plus the flat damage. That's sufficient. 4k. Stun. team-up destruction.
  • Unknown
    Options
    @ronin-san: Your idea for the flying smash is interesting. Would it be similar to 3* Magneto's Polarizing Force, where he destroys all team-up tiles and deals damage for each, or is she going to smash them as a result of the attack with no damage added from the tiles (but making potential cascades and gaining team-up AP)? Personally, I would really like the second option; I don't think they've really done the "gain AP but not damage" thing enough, and she seems like she would be a team player nowadays, making an opening for her team to get through. Also the whole environment thing makes sense, like her making a huge crater. Another question about this, though, will the destruction of the team-ups happen as the regular attack, or does it only happen with the strike.pngattack.pngprotect.png rider?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    davie_r2d2 wrote:
    @ronin-san: Your idea for the flying smash is interesting. Would it be similar to 3* Magneto's Polarizing Force, where he destroys all team-up tiles and deals damage for each, or is she going to smash them as a result of the attack with no damage added from the tiles (but making potential cascades and gaining team-up AP)? Personally, I would really like the second option; I don't think they've really done the "gain AP but not damage" thing enough, and she seems like she would be a team player nowadays, making an opening for her team to get through. Also the whole environment thing makes sense, like her making a huge crater. Another question about this, though, will the destruction of the team-ups happen as the regular attack, or does it only happen with the strike.pngattack.pngprotect.png rider?

So if Hulk dropped and landed on a car, it'd do more than destroy the car. it'd crater. that's a 2x2 or a 3x3. But this is her intentionally diving and dealing damage. The concussive blast from the impact suggests that's the destruction.

So for her, I think it's a team-up destruction. Generating cascades and stunning the enemy on top of damage is sufficient. If she were a four star, then it'd do the extra team-up damage.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Aka JJ has to use Red, and I would say either purple or yellow. She needs to compliment Cage and IF, and be somewhat color redundant. Maybe even red green blue or green blue purple.

I think we should make the passive green. Most people keep IF at 3 covers in green, so having a 5 cover green ability in the mix would be nice.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The reason I made the passive yellow is because the two colors that traditionally become strike.png tiles are red and yellow (Look at Daken/Blade for red and Gamora/Panther for yellow).
  • Malcrof
    Options
    davie_r2d2 wrote:
    The reason I made the passive yellow is because the two colors that traditionally become strike.png tiles are red and yellow (Look at Daken/Blade for red and Gamora/Panther for yellow).

The color of the strike.png tile does not have to correspond to the ability cover (like punisher) but you also do not want it on a color you are actively trying to match, which is why i chose green, although in general, green tends to be a color that is powerful on many chars, in a straight H4H team, you would not be actively seeking green matches.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know that whenever I try to play with a team, I try to have the full color spectrum used. Putting the strike tiles on green is a bit odd because Shou-Lao Fang Strike already uses green to create red strike tiles, albiet to a much lesser extent. Also, yellow is a really under-represented color on puzzle quest, and is used in powers primarily for buffs and tactics almost every time. I am going with the spirit of that, so as to not make changes to the schema already set up, like the "color pie" concept in Magic: the Gathering. (In fact, I believe that Luke Cage is the only character with a really heavy-hitting power on yellow...correct me if I'm wrong)

BTW, I am curious as to the thoughts on the blue power. My idea behind it was based on parts of her character backstory, specifically her receiving special psychic defense buffs from Jean Grey, so if she focuses, she can see through people's misdirections (i.e. invisibility tiles) and can boost up her capabilities. Also, the investigative journalist thing makes her intuitive as well.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    davie_r2d2 wrote:
    I know that whenever I try to play with a team, I try to have the full color spectrum used. Putting the strike tiles on green is a bit odd because Shou-Lao Fang Strike already uses green to create red strike tiles, albiet to a much lesser extent. Also, yellow is a really under-represented color on puzzle quest, and is used in powers primarily for buffs and tactics almost every time. I am going with the spirit of that, so as to not make changes to the schema already set up, like the "color pie" concept in Magic: the Gathering. (In fact, I believe that Luke Cage is the only character with a really heavy-hitting power on yellow...correct me if I'm wrong)

BTW, I am curious as to the thoughts on the blue power. My idea behind it was based on parts of her character backstory, specifically her receiving special psychic defense buffs from Jean Grey, so if she focuses, she can see through people's misdirections (i.e. invisibility tiles) and can boost up her capabilities. Also, the investigative journalist thing makes her intuitive as well.

For yellow, 3Thor (at 5 covers, one of the best abilities in the game), BP, Fury, Hood, MoStorm, Cyclops, 4Thor, KP,

So yellow is not under-represented, and there are loads of passives, and mid level yellow like beast, sentry, spidey... Just a thought.

The blue is perfect, only thing i would change would be to increase AP a tiny bit, to 7. It can be a game changer, especially with people like Blade, Daken, etc.. A falcon type ability that costs AP is great, as she has good other abilities as well.