Worst character

Comments

• someguy wrote:
    New 3-star Iron Man actually seems really not that good. Draining all colors of your AP? Stunning himself? Really?

Seems weak to me as well, but I did run up against one in SHIELD already and saw a good use -- use the yellow power to feed another character's red power. In this case, a stunned Thor.

Still won easily, but it made me eat two hammers that I wouldn't have otherwise had to deal with.

But even then I think you'd be better off with a different character in that slot.
  • He makes for a battery and tank. Red and Blue are meant as finishing moves or a stockpiling playstyle. He could fit a Spidey/Venom team. 1 character is perma-stunned, 1 character is devoured, 1 character eats a unibeam.
  • someguy wrote:
    Venom isn't that bad, guys. His level 5 whole team Devour is way too hard to set up, but he's not totally worthless as a character. Stunning and direct damage are very useful abilities to have. All around, he's probably the second best of the Dark Avengers after Ragnarok (but then it *really* falls off after that).

Bag-Man is terrible.

Loki is terrible.

Dark Widow is really bad.

Juggernaut is really bad. (self-damage? No, thanks)

Moonstone's red is kind of an OK skill, but otherwise, yeah, she's really bad. Her purple is just...what...

1-star Hawkeye would be better if his abilities were cheaper, but yeah, he's really not very good since he's capped at 40 with 2 skills.

New 3-star Iron Man actually seems really not that good. Draining all colors of your AP? Stunning himself? Really?

As for Venom i hardly ever use him for a team devour. A simple one devour of their strongest character is enough for me. On top of the fact that his devour itself hits for over 700 on it's own
  • I've found classic Hawkeye to be incredibly useful against minions - both his abilities can spot-kill countdown tiles. He was critical on my team to do the repeat Red ISO-8 mission with the three level 90 Maggia guys,
  • I'll eat some crow on Juggernaut now; he is a very good 1* tank, and boosted (as with the current mission) he's incredibly powerful (particularly since the self-damage doesn't get boosted as well).

Still not going to level him over 20 in this tournament though.
  • Juggs can probably self activate the storm exploit. I got jacked by a venom using the forest environment ability in the last tournament triggering storms' yellow.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Juggs can probably self activate the storm exploit. I got jacked by a venom using the forest environment ability in the last tournament triggering storms' yellow.

No, he can't. His self-damage is less than 20% and cannot be increased. It had to be a low level Venom and it can be done with any character with <500HP
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Juggs can probably self activate the storm exploit. I got jacked by a venom using the forest environment ability in the last tournament triggering storms' yellow.
    Not unless the 200% affects it. It scales with his health and maintains a below 20% ratio. Thorned Rose environmental is fixed damage.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Not unless the 200% affects it. It scales with his health and maintains a below 20% ratio. Thorned Rose environmental is fixed damage.

That's the use case I'm isolating. Low level boosted juggs. At level 1 he has 400 hp and hits himself for 63. The question is does the 63 get tripled too? He only needs to hit himself for 80, so if it does get tripled you could even level him some.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

That's the use case I'm isolating. Low level boosted juggs. At level 1 he has 400 hp and hits himself for 63. The question is does the 63 get tripled too? He only needs to hit himself for 80, so if it does get tripled you could even level him some.

No, his self-damage is not boosted in tournament, which is what make him so sweet to use now =]
  • Shikao wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

No, his self-damage is not boosted in tournament, which is what make him so sweet to use now =]
    Interesting. I assumed it scaled with his damage. That's kinda exploitable in itself.
  • pray tell how is it exploitable? you can't activate c storm by damagin yourself. unless ur saying the exploit is doing lots of damage to the opponent team with minimal health loss. We can just attribute this to how the tournament wants us to use juggers.
  • Well lucky for some ^^
    Juggernaut max headbutt use 6AP and at level 40+ do 3000 damage
    Death for most char wkwkwk
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I think I need to defend some of these characters.

Bagman is basically required for PvE. He was my saving grace for the Red-iso8 event. His blue locks down any timer blocks, and his pink let's me destroy timer blocks no mater where they're located. As long as you keep your AP up (storm), you're good to go. I was able to beat and repeat a ton of red-iso8 events with the level 90 spys that one shot your entire team without taking a single point of damage.

Captain America as some high AP usage, but his AP return is great if you can protect your blocks. At high level, Cap can cast his Red repeatedly for 1 net AP cost. His yellow is also extremely useful offensively. Placing 3 yellow tiles means you can make your line clear or crit tile pretty easily if you're willing to sacrifice the defense. It's nice if you're trying to get a bit of extra AP of a different color, or if you're going for the high damage nukes.
  • I have to agree with quite a few of the nominations.

Here's my list of top worst. I've sold the top three to make room for other covers

1) Hawkeye Classic
    2) Venom (perhaps at a higher level he might be useful, but I wasn't seen it).
    3) Juggernaut (the self inflicting damage just can't be justified)
    4) Daken (taking damage when there's not enough yellows on the board)
    5) Is a tie amongst several covers. Moonstone, Captain, Loki, and Bullseye. There are lots of other heroes/villains using the same AP colors, with far more useful skills.
  • Kalem45 wrote:
    I have to agree with quite a few of the nominations.

Here's my list of top worst. I've sold the top three to make room for other covers

1) Hawkeye Classic
    2) Venom (perhaps at a higher level he might be useful, but I wasn't seen it).
    3) Juggernaut (the self inflicting damage just can't be justified)
    4) Daken (taking damage when there's not enough yellows on the board)
    5) Is a tie amongst several covers. Moonstone, Captain, Loki, and Bullseye. There are lots of other heroes/villains using the same AP colors, with far more useful skills.

I don't like either version of Hawkeye that much, but 1-star Hawkeye's critical and board clear abilities, while very expensive, aren't totally useless IMO. They can be very handy in certain PVE situations.

Daken is incredibly annoying but I don't think he flat-out sucks. Damage on his strike tiles can really add up, and they just got buffed, in fact. However, he is incredibly annoying so I wouldn't be sad if he went away. I think so many people play him because he looks like Wolvie and is so easy to get. icon_mad.gif

Bullseye's skills, like Hawkeye's, are very expensive, but I don't think they're not totally useless. His black to set up crits can put you in position to do decent damage. I thought he was one of the better picks during the Dark Avengers tournament, even though he had no tourney buff. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a Colin Farrell version of the character that's stronger, to go with a Ben Affleck Daredevil. icon_lol.gif

I stand by Bag-Man being terrible though. OK, yeah, good for those really hard Red ISO missions, but otherwise...no, thank you.
  • I like Juggernaut and Venom. I wish they would finish them so they can level up to 50.

Unstoppable crash has been quite reliable in resetting stagnant boards and almost always has a match. I've been able to benefit from many cascading matches. Headbutt has been proven to be effective many times. Played on a team with c.spiderman headbutt is a non-issue.

Devour and symbiote snare are awesome when paired with c.spiderman. Venom has decent Hit Points at level 40 and. I've won many matches against substantially higher opponents with level 60 spiderman and level 40 venom and a red/green attacker. I have used Juggernaut, Thor, and Ragnarok. Thor has been more versatile as he can provide yellow (if I'm trying to get 8 web tiles), but it sucks when he matches them.

Venom's green web will sometimes be randomly be placed to make a match. I feel that that there is a high risk of making a match since I've made attempts to clear green tiles to minimize said risk, and have observed it make the match with two other green tiles.

Iron Man Model 40's yellow countdown tiles seem to be placed in close proximity to other yellow tiles, all seem to be placed in a matter that they are at risk of being matched.

Loki's trickery is interesting. He can change the color of any tile possessing a color. He's changed the color of strike, protect, and web tiles. I don't recall if I've seen countdown tiles be changed. I wonder if captain americas red and blue countdown tiles would return AP of the changed color.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I like Juggernaut and Venom. I wish they would finish them so they can level up to 50.
    Hmmm... "finish" them? I thought they gave them 2 skills intentionally. Now I'm hoping for a 3rd skill on Hawkeye. I mean they gave Spidey one.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I like Juggernaut and Venom. I wish they would finish them so they can level up to 50.
    Hmmm... "finish" them? I thought they gave them 2 skills intentionally. Now I'm hoping for a 3rd skill on Hawkeye. I mean they gave Spidey one.

The Hood and c.Magneto had third skills added. Loki seems unfinished and he only has two.

If the third skills on the 2-skill characters are useful enough, it would give players a reason to add a second 1-star character with different skills. all of my one star covers are maxed out. That would be a second Black Widow, Hawkeye, Venom, Juggernaut, and Yelena Belova as a second hero/villain to create with a maxed third stat. That would be 5 extra cover slots, and the purchase of covers to get the new abilities for new and existing characters to get them maxed out. There would probably be 1-star only tournaments as incentive.

There's also Daken and Bullseye, who seem rather unfinished. Odds are their third skill is green. A third skill can change how we feel about them. Dr Doom and Ragnarok needs a third skill.

The following things have stuck out.
    Villains in general neither have yellow abilities, nor are strong with yellow
    Dark Avengers neither have blue abilities, nor are strong with blue
    Only Magneto (Classic and Marvel Now) and Dr. Doom has blue ability/is strong with blue.

Changing basic tile colors appears to be a purple related ability
    Black Widow Grey Suit - Deceptive Tactics
    Loki - Illusions (and the old Transmogification)
    Magneto (Marvel NOW) - Polarity Shift
    Shouldn't Dr. Doom's Technopathic Strike be a purple ability?

Exceptions
    Thor and Ragnarok have abilities which change tile colors as an aftermath effect
    Classic Magneto creates protect tiles that happen to be blue

Ragnarok and Moonstone are only Dark Avengers strong with red/have red ability
    Ragnarok is only Dark Avenger with green ability
    Daken, Bullseye, Venom and Ragnarok are are all strong with green, green strength appears well represented.

With few exceptions, hero and villain ability colors match their strong colors. Each hero and villain have three strong colors.
    Black Widow Grey Suit is strong with Blue, Purple, and Black. Her abilities are Green, Red, and Purple.
    Ragnarok is strong with only two colors
  • I can't believe no one has said classic storm. The wind storm attack is great but her hp is so low she usually dies before even getting the chance to use it. Even maxed out she is just too weak to be that much use.