Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Discovering that yet again, the "scaling to benefit lower level players" is as B$ as ever last night and again this morning in the Juggs PvE. 8 boosted characters basically being chummed repeatedly through the course of 3-4 (can't remember, not that it matters) nodes. At one point, Venom was basically freezing me over and over and over and over and over again, until I shut the game down and played Marvel Future Fight without even bothering to retreat. Hopefully I corrupted my save.

Honorable mention to the forum still refusing to let me up-vote posts.

DBC

I love having a "diverse" roster and only being able to play with 6 characters.

Interesting you've met your "positivity quota". Also interesting that there's no longer down-voting and that your up-voting has a cap...
  • Got my first bagman ever from pvp today.
  • Got my first bagman ever from pvp today.
    now yo're prepared for when he's essential 2* character, how is that bad? *kappa*
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    thinking my pvp bracket ended an hour later than it actually did and then in the rush to get to t100 (man this one took a lot of iso in skips), underestimating a lvl 230 marvel and wiping hard. still made it but took every top character I had and every health pack I had. now i'll be behind on my pve clear waiting on health packs.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Got my first bagman ever from pvp today.
    now yo're prepared for when he's essential 2* character, how is that bad? *kappa*

Yeah and all I have to do is spend 700 HP on a roster spot for him icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cleaning out old event tokens (why? I dunno), drawing multiple 3* covers I don't have roster slots for. Falcon, Squirrel Girl, Ragnarok, and even a 4* Prof X. I'm already sitting on an IM40, a Spider-Man, and a Nick Fury.

My next slot costs 550 HP and I'm sitting at just over 400. Tacos have been bone-dry for me for weeks. It's very frustrating to see the game play this "buy now or they're forever lost to you!" schtick, times seven in this case. It doesn't make me want to pull tokens.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Hearing that Phantron is quitting.

I mean, he's been ever present since I joined the game, and remained positive and with an objective view throughout all the changes, I would have imagined he's the last guy to quit on the game. For him to leave, something must be very wrong with the game now.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    God damn blind spot.

Killed Xavier's other two teammates. Had a 290 R&G, 166 Thor at 90% health, Hood at about 30%. Couldn't touch the bastard. Turn after turn. Until a cascade got 3 crits and wiped my team out. Complete horseshit.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Discovering i am in a PVE bracket with a lot of "perfect" playing people so that 1 night out with the wife means i can lead my Alliance but not get all three carnage covers. Even though some in my alliance are leading their bracket.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have only reached 1000 points in PvP *once*. I usually try my best to reach 800 points for the *** cover. (Fairly solid *** roster, haven't really begun the **** transition yet) The following has happened to me several times now (and I'm sure to many of you). You're at 770 or so! You're out of heals, but your best team is good to go for one more match. There's a beatable match for 32 points, hooray! You fight it, take heavy damage, but... yay, you win! The cover is y... but wait: now the match value has dropped from 32 to 27. So... you're at 797, out of health packs, and can only find the same three unbeatable teams in your node queue now. It seems like every PvP I hit that final fight expecting to emerge triumphantly at 801, 802, 803, etc., and come out of it after points are rewarded at 790, 796, etc.

I know that points fluctuate based on the other team's fluctuating point total, but it's super-frustrating when it seems to happen more often around point thresholds. Bah!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hearing roster spot cap will be 1000 HP.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Hearing roster spot cap will be 1000 HP.
    at least there's a cap.

In other news.

They are BUFFING scarlet witch icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

She's going to get nerfed to hell. They said they didn't like Magstorm/Winfinite. She's a one woman magstorm.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I have only reached 1000 points in PvP *once*. I usually try my best to reach 800 points for the *** cover. (Fairly solid *** roster, haven't really begun the **** transition yet) The following has happened to me several times now (and I'm sure to many of you). You're at 770 or so! You're out of heals, but your best team is good to go for one more match. There's a beatable match for 32 points, hooray! You fight it, take heavy damage, but... yay, you win! The cover is y... but wait: now the match value has dropped from 32 to 27. So... you're at 797, out of health packs, and can only find the same three unbeatable teams in your node queue now. It seems like every PvP I hit that final fight expecting to emerge triumphantly at 801, 802, 803, etc., and come out of it after points are rewarded at 790, 796, etc.

I know that points fluctuate based on the other team's fluctuating point total, but it's super-frustrating when it seems to happen more often around point thresholds. Bah!

or you take 3 losses for over 150 points. throw your hands up and quit the event. cause after that you're only getting 200+ level rosters.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    had to sell my first 3 star cover today. they really need to implement some kind of cover switch for HP system. 50 HP to change cover colours. sounds great to me.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    had to sell my first 3 star cover today. they really need to implement some kind of cover switch for HP system. 50 HP to change cover colours. sounds great to me.

I came in here and said the first thing when I had to sell mine. They should at least let you put them in an alliance "stockpile" so you can help alliance-mates. Or sell ten of them for a 4*.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    having no chance at carnage after life got in the way this weekend. hoping for a fresh bracket yesterday but not gonna happen. no chance at 150 either in any of the brackets. so just not gonna join - first pve I've ever completely missed I think since I started playing. would be nice if I had a more robust roster but until then, i'll be pve'ing it again come Friday.
  • jredd wrote:
    You learn to live with it. I've thrown away a hood that was 0/0/15
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    You learn to live with it. I've thrown away a hood that was 0/0/15

My Kamala would be 4/4/12 or so, and my SG should be 125/4/5 right now., while until tomorrows DDQ, my R&G is sitting at a paltry 0/2/18
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Got a gold cover from standard token reward. Turned out to be Doc Ock black; which sucks cuz Doc sucks in general and I already have 5 black anyway. However since I appreciate ironic humor, the fact the power is called "insult to injury" made this the best worst mpq moment ever.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Entered the Squirrel Girl PVP and...oh. Apparently the wall is staring me in the face from the get-go.

Well, it was nice being able to hit 600 points while it lasted.