**** Carnage (Cletus Kasady) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Carnage (Cletus Kasady) icon_carnage.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 15573 Tile Damage: 10/82/11/11/64/73/3.0x

Symbiote Scythes - 7 redtile.png AP
Carnage attacks viciously and indiscriminately, clawing and slashing in every direction. Deals 603 damage to the target and 320 damage to all other allies and enemies.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 840 damage to the target and 411 damage to others. Level 3: Deals 1069 damage to the target and 503 damage to others. Level 4: Deals 1553 damage to the target and 731 damage to others. Level 5: Deals 2476 damage to the target and 914 damage to others.
Max Level
    Level 3: 2116 / 994 damage. Level 4: 3075 / 1446 damage. Level 5: 4903 / 1808 damage.

Alien Instincts - blacktile.png Passive
(PASSIVE) Carnage's alien symbiote keeps him in a constant Frenzy! Whenever a power is fired, Carnage creates 2 friendly strength 47 Attack tiles and 2 enemy Strength 46 Attack tiles.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Creates strength 50 friendly tiles. Level 3: Creates strength 52 friendly tiles. Level 4: Creates strength 58 friendly tiles. Level 5: Creates strength 70 friendly tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: 2 strength 103 friendly Attack tiles, 2 strength 90 enemy Attack tiles Level 4: 2 strength 114 friendly Attack tiles, 2 strength 90 enemy Attack tiles Level 5: 2 strength 137 friendly Attack tiles, 2 strength 90 enemy Attack tiles

Carnage Rules - 11 greentile.png AP
Carnage unleashes a torrent of piercing tendrils! Destroys 6 random tiles and deals 228 additional damage for every special tile destroyed. Does not generate AP.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Destroys 8 random tiles. Level 3: Destroys 10 random tiles. Level 4: Destroys 12 random tiles and deals 283 additional damage for every special tile destroyed. Level 5: Destroys 16 random tiles and deals 328 additional damage for every special tile destroyed.
Max Level
    Level 3: 10 tiles / 452 per special destroyed Level 4: 12 tiles / 560 per special destroyed Level 5: 16 tiles / 651 per special destroyed
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    My money is on 4* Hulk
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want one with fully covered green just to fight against teisatsu

The "whenever a power is fired" part of the black power, does that apply to either team firing a power? Sounds like it.
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I'm going to guess Phoenix
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    yay, another 4*

says nobody.

for 14 redtile.png a friendly icon_hood.png is almost done, ouch. They need to bring back protect tiles defending against friendly AOE dmg (Rags green, Sentry red and green, now this)
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    That red is seriously undercosted.

Hi Carnage!
  • IceIX
    Just a note since I'm sure it'll get asked, since Kamala's heal is a proc off an ability use, it *will* temp heal some of the damage done by this character's Red ability.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Finally the green or hob goblin. Can't discern which one.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited June 2015
    Looking at the health and attacks, looks like it could be a 4* Hulk, or even The Thing, but I would think he would have different colours.

The damage everyone thing suggests a character that can have a lack of control, maybe Phoenix/Jean Grey?

But I think it will ultimately be a villain, maybe Carnage
  • Andy9009
    Andy9009 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Iron Patriot probably
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    That red is everything I hate about Supernova on steroids, and then the steroids are on steroids. Screw ever fighting this guy in PvP.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone really want to use a character that does this much self-damage?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    enemyprotect.png
    simonsez wrote:

I probably won't use him... But I can see people willing to skip him since 7 ap move is very difficult to stop. So people may use him mainly for defence purpose and less so for his offence.
  • simonsez wrote:

Probably not but his green @5 covers/lvl270 potentially does 13888 damage + board shake! Need 16 special tiles but hey that's why d3 keeps giving out Mohawk black covers as rewards seemingly every week right?
  • atomzed
    IceIX wrote:
    Just a note since I'm sure it'll get asked, since Kamala's heal is a proc off an ability use, it *will* temp heal some of the damage done by this character's Red ability.

Will his red trigger Capt Marvel yellow passive? If it does, he is going to have a lot of red to fire his ability.
  • I don't quite like the strength of the tiles created on the passive. It's same as LDaken for the enemy. At max lv is doubled. If the green targeted specifically enemy strike/protect/attack tiles it would be much better.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    simonsez wrote:

No, but I would love to leave him on D in PvP with someone that feeds Red, like say my Hulkbuster that doesn't have any red covers...

And do you know anyone who is going to want to fight that much health with the option of quickly dealing a ton of damage to your whole team for only 7 AP?

And if you don't have a 4* Hulkbuster solution, then you can always feed the Red with Cyclops (again, if you are giving the AI control, a Cyclops without any Red covers might be interesting).
  • TheOncomingStorm
    I was wrong. I agree with Defixu. It looks like Juggs. Look at the low red AP cost with massive damage, but instead of him taking damage, his team does. His green destroys the board still and still does not generate AP. The increased cost must because it does damage for destroyed special tiles now.

The black with the attack tiles. I remember a long time ago someone posted a third ability for Juggs something to do with Toys. I bet you that is what that ability is.

I do not if I should be happy it's not 4* Ares, or cringe because it might be 4* Juggs.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    atomzed wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Will his red trigger Capt Marvel yellow passive? If it does, he is going to have a lot of red to fire his ability.

No. C marvel red and Hulk green only proc from enemy attacks.
  • atomzed
    atomzed wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

No. C marvel red and Hulk green only proc from enemy attacks.

That's a relief. Thanks for the confirmation.
  • IceIX
    atomzed wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Nope. No Captain Marvel or Hulk triggering. At least, not your own Captain Marvel. So no. That idea of having Star-Lord pull his Yellow then having infinite Reds until Captain Marvel dies isn't going to work. icon_e_smile.gif

Edit: Whoops, posted before rereading. Looks like it was already answered. Ahh well, secondary confirmation!