Character Concept - Mimic (Exile)

Options
Hey you all scruffy smelling hulklings,

I was reading a lot of Exiles and I though that having Mimic would be quite interesting. I do not have the full concept foolproof, but I have a base idea of what he could be, and how interesting he can be. Here it goes:

He would have incolour powers! Ohhhhh.... wait, what? Mimic is about copying any power and using it with half of its strength. So he would have 3 powers, and it works like:

1st power: At the beginning of the match Mimic copies a selected 1st power of an enemy and creates a 20-turn countdown tile of the selected power's colour. As long as the countdown tile is on the board, Mimic is able to use the copied power with (30%/35%/40%/45%/50%) efficiency. Mimicked powers cost doesn't change. Efficiency only affects values, but not tile amount.

His 2nd and 3rd power would be the same thing, but mimicking an enemy 2nd and 3rd power respectively.

Let the discussion begin!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What happens when the tile is matched away? Should be an AP gain or something to help when matched!

3 passive countdowns though.. ouch. Do the powers change depending on who is in front, or is it whoever is in front when the CD is active?

What if it is a passive ability it is trying to mimic?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Okay, so at the beginning of the match, Mimic would CHOOSE what power to copy from, he can pick any enemy.

If the countdown tile is matched, he loses the power and on his next turn he mimics a new power.

So the countdown would work both ways, to remove his power, or to renew it. There could even be some sort or "cooldown" that makes Mimic wait one turn or so to get a new power.