Divine Champions

Comments

• I'm at #1 rank w/ 660 rating. 2 people shielded under me at are 653 and 601 respectively. This is actually the first time I've been #1. Not really sure if I can progress anymore.. Like others have echoed, I'm basically facing 85 thor/85ares/85 storm - whom I can't beat or even touch lol!!

My team right now is a 50 ragnarok/79punisher or 66 wolverine/65 black widow. I have absolutely no clue how I'm winning any matches and I'm basically deathly afraid of storm..If classic storm retaliates with her passive, it basically chunks my entire teams life.

Shielded for 24 hours - will prob make a small push tomorrow mid day and then reshield and just pray.

At this point all I need are red punisher covers - so I may have been better off just investing the HP in the red cover...icon_e_sad.gif
  • I guess it's also depend on the timing as well.

I notice that certain times there's people do the attacking while there's no one doing any attack even though top 10 was fully shield yet. (which of cause i am shield)

It's based on the bracket you are in as well. I was able to sneak into top 5 with 699 pts while other are trying hard to beat my points for the divine champions.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I forgot to put my tank team on after I got to 500, and I'm only at #3. I'm halfway tempted to go for the wolvie instead of the OBW, since it might actually be less work
  • noobpotato wrote:
    I'm at #1 rank w/ 660 rating. 2 people shielded under me at are 653 and 601 respectively. This is actually the first time I've been #1. Not really sure if I can progress anymore.. Like others have echoed, I'm basically facing 85 thor/85ares/85 storm - whom I can't beat or even touch lol!!

My team right now is a 50 ragnarok/79punisher or 66 wolverine/65 black widow. I have absolutely no clue how I'm winning any matches and I'm basically deathly afraid of storm..If classic storm retaliates with her passive, it basically chunks my entire teams life.

Shielded for 24 hours - will prob make a small push tomorrow mid day and then reshield and just pray.

At this point all I need are red punisher covers - so I may have been better off just investing the HP in the red cover...icon_e_sad.gif

OMG, you use the 400 HP shield really?

Yeah, the those teams are pretty common. Not unbeatable but high chance to have at least one down and certainly bound for damage. I play 85 ares/vol/obw myself, the 85 thor/storm I take not scared, just pick some boost if the 3rd place is just an 50- ares or something else. But top ares adds excessive risk, as you must deny 3 colors just to 6/10/10, and failure is too likely a down right away. (my ares is happy to stand in harm's way but many times no proper match available).

Sure, you must take down storm first, and leave the rest alone until that -- once miscalculated the outcome of rampage and got 3 triggers from her still up with last few hundred points.

I too need one last red punisher -- dropped to #11 place in hut in the last 2 minutes -- but fighting this tournament looks just way too disgusting. Left the 1st sound after hitting 500 (still resulted 50 hp and 2 redundant covers), in 2nd made the same push yesterday (meaning #3), but likely will drop to 300-ish to next login. Guess I will have enough chance to complete Frank by the time I pick enough iso to reach at least the current cap.

Just considered to drop the available stuff and use him now (would go to about same as yours), but my math showed he's still worse than the 85 volverine. About same HP without regenreration and can't less versatile use of green is more hit than the extra black. Feral is just way too good now, shelling out 3 swords before rampage and many times used to deliberately reduce the green before onslought.
  • From what I've been able to make out, retaliation scores displayed in your UI rarely if ever update (possibly on login, or something), but the points you actually get on retaliation still depend on the target's score when you do it. I've had it give me much more and much less than it said it was going to, presumably because the target's score changed in the interim.

So 700 is still a high score in this? Didn't imagine for a moment it would be, especially with nothing else open since LRs closed, but it'd explain why I'm getting thoroughly mauled and having to slog through the usual 10-20pt prods even to stay somewhat static. Might also be that I don't have **Storm. Her heyday was before my time, but she's quite a nuisance in this event.

That's low, but if not enough people are paying the exorbitant prices on the longer-term shields to inject points, I suppose it's to be expected. Maybe I should just be content with my 50HP and yet another redundant Ares and let it slide down to get my last OBW now. Would love the Lokis, but not at the cost of an aneurysm-busting slog.

What's the betting we all finish our Widows with this event and then Punisher vanishes from the 3* tier for the next eight weeks? I do still want one more black.
  • Ugh, I can't wait for this tournament to be over if I'm being perfectly honest. To put all of my reasons/frustrations into one equation:

Expensive shields + massive point losses + no more 30-50 point opponents + Hearthstone open beta + already having 12/13 Punisher covers + impossible to reach progression rewards for those with semi-busy schedules + insta-kills if you can't deny certain colors/get careless + slight sadness of Thor going into retirement = "Yeah, I'm just not going to play this time around."
  • I'm at 600-700 pts now but suddenly stuck in some MMR hell where everyone has a lv85 Thor and all opponents give me less than 15 pts. I'm also getting attacked a lot. I'm running lv85 Thor, lv85 ares and lv133 spidey, I can't be the most attractive target out there... Looks like matchmaking is not fixed at all.
  • Possibly useful tip about the new AI behavior regarding color overlap, in case anyone besides me hadn't figured it out: if your opponent's using Hulk and has, say, 6 or 8 green, poke their Thor or Ares with your own Onslaught as long as it'll push them above 10. Enjoy your feeble Thunderous Clap. More expensive? Yep, AI, bound to be better.

mpq_buy_more_shields.jpg
  • I'm at 600-700 pts now but suddenly stuck in some MMR hell where everyone has a lv85 Thor and all opponents give me less than 15 pts. I'm also getting attacked a lot. I'm running lv85 Thor, lv85 ares and lv133 spidey, I can't be the most attractive target out there... Looks like matchmaking is not fixed at all.

I thought you don't need MMR hell to see all teams running lvl85 thor icon_e_wink.gif

This is the tournament where lv133 spidey is not as scary as usual, as he goes down to sunder 2 turns in. But the two other big guys together are not really fun to face.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Possibly useful tip about the new AI behavior regarding color overlap, in case anyone besides me hadn't figured it out: if your opponent's using Hulk and has, say, 6 or 8 green, poke their Thor or Ares with your own Onslaught as long as it'll push them above 10. Enjoy your feeble Thunderous Clap. More expensive? Yep, AI, bound to be better.

Yeah, the AI is quite mindless deciding on ability use -- the most blatant example is when it picks yelena's 13+ black over venom on a board with 0 special tiles.

I also noticed that it didn't use green for available vol or even ares, guess waiting up for thor despite I was primed to steal the AP.

OTOH it seem to have an idea on who to target -- not once I took suboptimal picks so AI will shoot a fat guy, but it didn't. Patiently waiting 1-2 more turns when I run out of options and exposed OBW.

It's just so frustrating to sit having one less purple. icon_e_wink.gif
  • So has anyone else had this problem.... I'm sitting at 1272 rating and I'm now being match only against teams that give me... 0 points. Yes, not one, or two, or maybe even five, but zero. I've gone through a a ton of teams and they all no longer give any points. So awesome, my only choice is to spend money, shield up, and not play!

These new tournaments have been absolutely awful with the matchmaking. The new system encourages people to sandbag (you're better off tanking in the beginning and then skyrocketing up the rankings by hitting people who have been playing from the beginning for 40 points a pop while not worrying about retaliation). Then when you do play, by the time you get done with one match winning 20 points, you've lost another in defense for 40-50 points. Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to vent a little here...
  • Adding to the weird AI behavior. 2-3 times in the last day, Thor, as the only surviving enemy, made purple matches even though there were red and yellow ready for him to match. They would not bring him over 6 red or 11 yellow and with that purple match I would be able to use Recon, but still. Could the AI be smarter than we think and resort to AP denial, or was it a fluke?
  • I've noticed the AI seeming to play the denial game quite a bit lately, maybe a coincidence but it didn't seem like it.
  • Play harder people.... I can't get to 2400 if all you mooks are in the 500's and 600's. I'm leading my **** bracket with 769 and am stuck in a vicious loop of +12,+13, +12, -42.
  • My LV85 area, Lvl 85 Thir, and Level 115 Rag are getting torn up by people... Come on there are easier targets out there...
  • Yeah there doesn't seem to be a team that scares off anyone, I have Rags, Ares, Storm and Thor all maxed but I'm regularly being defeated by teams with a 40 something Thor and 1* Storm.
  • Play harder people.... I can't get to 2400 if all you mooks are in the 500's and 600's. I'm leading my tinykitty bracket with 769 and am stuck in a vicious loop of +12,+13, +12, -42.

Well, I tried. I aimed for an opponent well out of my league (though only worth 19 points), boosted myself up and went for his jugular.

It was brutal, but I made it out of there with Wolverine still standing on shaky legs... to a Google Play Store feedback popup box and an inexplicable 0 point reward.

Shove a tiny kitty right up this event's bum. It can go die in a fire, and I sincerely hope that it is NOT the template for future PvE events.

Grraaaaah!

*flips table*
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    My LV85 area, Lvl 85 Thir, and Level 115 Rag are getting torn up by people... Come on there are easier targets out there...

Same...dont think anyone is gonna hit 2k bc there are no available targets. Unless a shield fest occurs at the 8hr mark, 800 will take #1 in almost every bracket it seems.
  • Nick-Fury wrote:
    Yeah there doesn't seem to be a team that scares off anyone, I have Rags, Ares, Storm and Thor all maxed but I'm regularly being defeated by teams with a 40 something Thor and 1* Storm.
    Hulk still seems to reduce incoming attacks marginally, though god knows that can't last much longer. He's completely harmless, especially to anyone without a stack of strike tiles out, and likely to throw away green on Thunderous Clap.

That is kind of key to this event, though, and makes me think it's probably working roughly as intended for most. Everyone has much the same team, everyone uses the same tactics - unless you stumble on a recurring shielded Bag-Man or cloak of MMR invisibility, why would you be able to pull ahead?
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    My LV85 area, Lvl 85 Thir, and Level 115 Rag are getting torn up by people... Come on there are easier targets out there...

Same...dont think anyone is gonna hit 2k bc there are no available targets. Unless a shield fest occurs at the 8hr mark, 800 will take #1 in almost every bracket it seems.

Hi just signed up on the forums after starting 10 days ago. good game.

My current bracket is being won at 1138 with all of the top 5 over 850. I have been over 1k and fought quite a lot of people over the 1k mark and even 1200+. Not sure why you guys are unable to progress higher but people are indeed getting higher.