Divine Champions

Comments

• Got up to around 700 then it's all level 85 Thor/Ares and they just take WAY too long to kill. Guess I'll hover around there for the rest of the tourney....comptemplating getting a shield though

BTW...EvilSonGoku, saw you at about 1000, almost attacked you for sh*ts and giggles, but didn't want to take the time LoL
  • Nemek wrote:
    Hate to be the one to tell you, but I'm pretty sure you're shadow banned...which would explain why you haven't been attacked at all.

icon_eek.gif
  • seriously when i put up shield at 650 points not a single ppl attack me... when i resume to climb to 700... i only gain less than 20 points per match which mostly contain v85 thor... ares... obw... wol with thick hp to chum off... then lose 40+ point per match just from retaliation... i am losing point faster than i able to earn back.. any tips? especially those make it to 2400 points... icon_cry.gif
  • I wonder if the screenshot is what happens when you have more than the maximum number of people in a bracket that IceIX talked about in the hacking thread (e.g. 1002 players in a 1000 bracket). It looks like the guy at the top is literally in his own world compared to everyone else in that bracket.
  • Got up to around 700 then it's all level 85 Thor/Ares and they just take WAY too long to kill. Guess I'll hover around there for the rest of the tourney....comptemplating getting a shield though

BTW...EvilSonGoku, saw you at about 1000, almost attacked you for sh*ts and giggles, but didn't want to take the time LoL

Noone appears shielded so noone is breaking away... I will be back down to 700 by morning I'm sure.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I wonder if the screenshot is what happens when you have more than the maximum number of people in a bracket that IceIX talked about in the hacking thread (e.g. 1002 players in a 1000 bracket). It looks like the guy at the top is literally in his own world compared to everyone else in that bracket.

I thought IceIX meant it would show 1002 bc 2 guys were banned for cheating but they filled the bracket with 2 more so you have a full 1000 people.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Phantron wrote:
    I wonder if the screenshot is what happens when you have more than the maximum number of people in a bracket that IceIX talked about in the hacking thread (e.g. 1002 players in a 1000 bracket). It looks like the guy at the top is literally in his own world compared to everyone else in that bracket.

I thought IceIX meant it would show 1002 bc 2 guys were banned for cheating but they filled the bracket with 2 more so you have a full 1000 people.

My understanding is that people caught hacking don't really realize it, they see themselves in the leaderboard and can attack anybody. But, other people can't see them in leaderboards and won't receive notification of the hackers attacking them, so they are essentially invisible. A new player replaces them in the bracket for reward purposes, which is how you get 1002+ players.

I made my way up he leaderboard in the last hour and looked for him, definitely not in the top 20 (400+ points) - seems unlikely he'd fall further than that by normal play.
  • yeah i just checked the leaderboard and to me you're 3rd place with 505pts.

what to do now...
  • 19mgbx.png

oh god... i give up on reaching even 700 points lol
  • Phantron wrote:
    Right now the smart thing to do seems to be hold at around 500 (you don't want to have too many open retaliations which will be the case if your rating dropped too far) and then hope to make a run when people in your matchup group goes to sleep.
    What's wrong with too many open retaliations? Not a good thing?
    DX_das wrote:

Exactly what happened to me in the course of about 4 hours. At least that's how long it took for me to look. I actually was putting off looking cuz I didn't feel like being annoyed. Got to 650, within 4 hours was back down to 400. I gave up on playing completely and haven't done more than check on scores today. Now I'm at 300 and people are finally kind of leaving me alone. I wonder why... Pretty sad. This is actually the longest I've gone without playing since I started 3 months ago. And I have almost no urge to pick it up again right now. There's no point in playing in the tourney and there's literally nothing else to do. We'll see how I feel in a few hours when the tourney starts winding down.
  • well mine only just pass not even an hour and i went back to check my ranking... already -187 pts lol
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    thatguy13 wrote:
    I will likely get trolled for this but how are teams getting to 1200-2400 so easily? Most tournaments I've played in I'm surrounded with 10-20pt battles. Do I just spam skip till I hit some 40-50pts? I have noticed that there are occasions where I am getting hit for a lot of points but when I retaliate I get a measly 10 pts or some such.

Also if they wanted to prevent "farming" they could just make it so you have to cycle through every other opponent before you get that easy kill again.

I think 'so easily' might not be accurate. It's a combination of having a good team (quick to kill, less likely to be attacked by low-level teams, able to sustain health losses), picking battles wisely (teams unlikely to retaliate, teams you suspect are shielded), playing at unpopular hours (in relation to the US), playing infrequently but in long stretches (2 hours of play at a time possibly).

Some people say getting lucky is a part of it, too...but I see the same people at the top every time, I doubt they (and I) 'get lucky' as much as people would assume.

That's because they play more than anyone else and if you play more than anyone else you'd eventually get to the range where people are shielded.

The strategy part is pretty much irrelevent unless you have Magneto because every other team is roughly equally strong without a maxed Magento. I seriously doubt people haven't figured out that high point targets are the best to attack. The most important part is probably playing at odd hours, because even with an extremely powerful team, you're still never escaping anyone who can see you. Even if you can win ten times as fast as someone else, that's still nowhere enough to escape 5 guys who can constantly see you as a 40 point target.
    No, it's mostly that they put in more time. You'd see the same people at the top before shields too
  • These tourney types should be set up so that you have to play every type of character eligible in the tourney. Separate tourneys for new players.

I am so f-ing sick of fighting Thor; this is the perfect send-off. A constant reminder of everything I hate about the character as he stands. Hooray for the nerfing, and flame me as you will.

Wolverine, on the other hand, doesn't need to be brought down as much, and I hope they only adjust his strike damage downwards rather than messing too much with the core character.

Thank you to all those that at least field Ares instead, so I can at least change strategy to green prevention every 20th match. Special thank-you to whomever beat me with the Doom-Loki-Bullseye combo. That was an interesting match to lose.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    pumkin wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Right now the smart thing to do seems to be hold at around 500 (you don't want to have too many open retaliations which will be the case if your rating dropped too far) and then hope to make a run when people in your matchup group goes to sleep.

Whoever you attacked on the way up is going to see whatever final points you ended up as, so let's say you started at 300 and worked your way up to 1000+, all those guys you beat along the way is going to wake up and see a nice fat target on their retaliation list and that might be enough to drag you down. Of course if you shield you don't have to worry about that, but I'm guessing we're talking about people who aren't shielding because it's not exactly rocket science to get a good score if you do shield.

Of course after playing for 4 hours I can't even get past 700 so all those outstanding retaliation doesn't even matter anyway (you'll drop enough points for sure for you to become not a good target for most of the guys you hit along the way). I actually hit like 1180 on the first day but was too tired to finish the last 20 points, and I have yet to even get past 800 since then.

Mind you, I actually like everyone being all close together, but they really need to rework the progression rewards somehow.
  • qtquazar wrote:
    These tourney types should be set up so that you have to play every type of character eligible in the tourney. Separate tourneys for new players.

I am so f-ing sick of fighting Thor; this is the perfect send-off. A constant reminder of everything I hate about the character as he stands. Hooray for the nerfing, and flame me as you will.

Wolverine, on the other hand, doesn't need to be brought down as much, and I hope they only adjust his strike damage downwards rather than messing too much with the core character.

Thank you to all those that at least field Ares instead, so I can at least change strategy to green prevention every 20th match. Special thank-you to whomever beat me with the Doom-Loki-Bullseye combo. That was an interesting match to lose.

I might have seen one team in this tournament that didn't have Thor, and not counting my own, there's probably only a handful of teams that did not have a level 85 Thor.

There should be a bonus for using a neglected character in tournaments like this. Winning with Loki should reduce the point loss from retaliation by 75%.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    pumkin wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Whoever you attacked on the way up is going to see whatever final points you ended up as, so let's say you started at 300 and worked your way up to 1000+, all those guys you beat along the way is going to wake up and see a nice fat target on their retaliation list and that might be enough to drag you down. Of course if you shield you don't have to worry about that, but I'm guessing we're talking about people who aren't shielding because it's not exactly rocket science to get a good score if you do shield.

Of course after playing for 4 hours I can't even get past 700 so all those outstanding retaliation doesn't even matter anyway (you'll drop enough points for sure for you to become not a good target for most of the guys you hit along the way). I actually hit like 1180 on the first day but was too tired to finish the last 20 points, and I have yet to even get past 800 since then.

Mind you, I actually like everyone being all close together, but they really need to rework the progression rewards somehow.

I think that the retaliation target points is static-- based on how much points the enemy had when he attacked you.
    I don't have proof for the above but I found a similar situation:
    I had someone saved on a slot (not a retaliation, just a normal target). I skipped that person after sometime of not playing, and when I got back to him his score jumped up.

I suppose we could test this (or if it has already). One forum member attacks another. One does not play while the other forum member climbs up. The former checks the retaliation score when told to.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    eidehua wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    pumkin wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I think that the retaliation target points is static-- based on how much points the enemy had when he attacked you.
    I don't have proof for the above but I found a similar situation:
    I had someone saved on a slot (not a retaliation, just a normal target). I skipped that person after sometime of not playing, and when I got back to him his score jumped up.

I suppose we could test this (or if it has already). One forum member attacks another. One does not play while the other forum member climbs up. The former checks the retaliation score when told to.
    Or you could just save a retaliation from the beginning of tournament, in one of the areas you don't use, and then see if the points change over the days
  • I wonder if the actual point change is only calculated after you play the game, based on your current point and their current point.

If the retaliation points are static, it should be quite possible to 'owe' more points than what you have in total. In these tournaments we see that 500-700 seems to be where people get stalled. At this point you often have to attack people for 15-20 points, which implies a 30-40 retaliation. Shouldn't it be possible to have enough outstanding retaliations to lose ALL of your rating if everyone collected the debt?
  • DX_das wrote:
    "S.H.I.E.L.D has updated your power grid rating based on your performance"

I so much "like" that text -- keep me wondering what part of my performance they mean -- at least could write honestly that my loss is based on their performance (or lack thereof).
  • pumkin wrote:
    Exactly what happened to me in the course of about 4 hours. At least that's how long it took for me to look. I actually was putting off looking cuz I didn't feel like being annoyed. Got to 650, within 4 hours was back down to 400. I gave up on playing completely and haven't done more than check on scores today. Now I'm at 300 and people are finally kind of leaving me alone. I wonder why... Pretty sad. This is actually the longest I've gone without playing since I started 3 months ago. And I have almost no urge to pick it up again right now. There's no point in playing in the tourney and there's literally nothing else to do. We'll see how I feel in a few hours when the tourney starts winding down.

Well said. At least I already grew mental shields of "I don't give damn". Was thinking to put up some different team than used for attack fine -- but with the *** company is still at major disadvantage. When I saw a big hulk for a change said "yes please, I want all that green for Ares icon_e_wink.gif and I keep laughing at your puny damage." And you can stomp spiderman right away.