Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• realizing my improved roster does nothing in PVP when health packs are at a premium and PVE is my main focus.

realizing anything past top 100(even top 100 sometimes!) will take 500+ points and a shield

realizing how bored I am with Divine champions

realizing how much ISO I need and that I don't really need covers or HP

realizing since most 4* suck and they're impossible to get to(see PVP realization) it's sort of like being in the 2* transition again

realizing 3-4 members left my guild probably due to Ultron and I've got 3-4 mercs in their place

realizing i think I wanna quit but not sure what to play instead
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jumping into LR at 1 minute past the hour, and finding nothing but a wall of 249s
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Just had completely healt hood Loki lthor taken out by cascades... **** the devs for changing this game... There's no way that after a move Loki should have 16 effing countdown tiles left out of 32 that get created... 32 count downs should never get created on one turn...

This game forces losses
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadp wrote:
    Just had completely healt hood Loki lthor taken out by cascades... tinykitty the devs for changing this game... There's no way that after a move Loki should have 16 effing countdown tiles left out of 32 that get created... 32 count downs should never get created on one turn...

This game forces losses

lost a full health, buffed magneto with 7800 health in one turn, with cascades and the resulting endless line up of abilities resulting from said cascade.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    just lost over 133 points in 3 defeats in top gun... was 23 away from 800 and a falcon cover.

maybe for pvp you should only go up?
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited May 2015
    Was 6th in Top Gun with 11 minutes left. Ended up 52nd. Got attacked at the same time by 5 people for -151, then loads more.

Knew I would need to shield to finish near there but I only entered with 90mins left and who wants to spend on an 8 hour shield with 15 mins left
  • Sullstar wrote:
    Was 6th in Top Gun with 11 minutes left. Ended up 52nd. Got attacked at the same time by 5 people for -151, then loads more.

But hey, EVERYONE loves what the DEVs are doing! You can climb so quick... If you do it and pop a 300 hp shield... You know... Just put loads of money up...
  • Too funny, I was going to post this the other day, but it seems more fitting now...

I now understand the latest changes to PvP. Here's a hint, shields are kind of necessary to play, like at all.

Had a bunch of fun in PvP yesterday, actually climbing pretty well, which was not my usual. Got hit once for 20+ points and thought, "Sheesh, that's a lot of points." Retal'ed for a bit more than the hit I took. Cool-ish.

Stopped last night at 95. Got up this morning. Now, bear in mind I have no slots for the cover and not much interest in even T100, but that did little to mitigate the shock of seeing I had been hit 5 times for well over (and I do mean WELL over) 100+ points.

Realization, there weren't already enough things I needed to spend RL money on to actually try to enjoy this game. I would love for D3/Demiurge to actually have the courage to tell their players what they think their mobile game is worth in RL money.

Honorable mention, being told I should have been down-voted by someone I have A LOT of respect for, are you ready for this? For essentially saying I wished players would stop blaming each other for the problems with MPQ (more of the same, "noobs have it easier" **** that D3/Demiurge has done such an eloquent job brainwashing some folks with) and focus on the source. While the irony is pretty awesome, the feeling sucks. Yes, by all means, let's keep blaming each other, because we are all obviously responsible for how the game is programmed... stupid noobs with their "easy" scaling... dear God I want to throw my computer. Awesome. Just awesome.

Anyone want to give me odds that I look down and see a red name at the bottom of the screen watching all this as usual?

Community? Yeah, that's rich.

DBC
  • I upvoted that dbc... For what it's worth I'd do it ten more times if I could.
  • i completed the gauntlet.

and then i realized all the time i wasted that could've been spent playing future fight instead.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fighting a maxed falcon/hulkbuster/if team and winning a teamup... it's falcon.
  • ThePLAV
    ThePLAV Posts: 28
    30 consecutive 1* pulls from standard tokens
  • Realizing I think I've lost motivation to play MPQ....

I skipped PVP last night, intentionally, because getting to 1000 pts progression is impossible, and I don't need anything else.

I thought to myself 'what about the season progression/reward?' But, really, all I need is ISO. Sure, I'm missing a couple covers.

And its not like I'm gonna cover any 4* anytime soon.

I normally put $20/Month into MPQ, but as it's a new month, I don't see any point to that.

I've definitely been more casual and seeing what it takes for top 100 in PVE lately, others have too.

I might just disband my guild and become a merc...
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    when i'm one fight away from making 1k in the Falcon PVP and i win it but get back to the mission screen with a nice "you got attacked 4 x for a total of -167"
  • Finding out Sunday morning that I spent $150 on HP the night before when wasted icon_e_confused.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I realized the price of roster slots eventually increase to 5000% of their initial cost.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opening 7 tacos hoping for just one Kamala or IF, and getting nothing but 2* junk. I didn't even get a Moonstone, who I just finally decided to put on my roster because of this whole foolish 2* essential business.

Funny, eh? The one time you actually want a Moonstone (sort of), and you don't get one! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opening 7 tacos hoping for just one Kamala or IF, and getting nothing but 2* junk. I didn't even get a Moonstone, who I just finally decided to put on my roster because of this whole foolish 2* essential business.

Funny, eh? The one time you actually want a Moonstone (sort of), and you don't get one! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Opened all mine trying for a bullseye green... 2 3*'s that were the only colors already maxxed on those chars (kk green and IF black).. not a single bullseye green to be found anywhere....
  • Discovering that yet again, the "scaling to benefit lower level players" is as B$ as ever last night and again this morning in the Juggs PvE. 8 boosted characters basically being chummed repeatedly through the course of 3-4 (can't remember, not that it matters) nodes. At one point, Venom was basically freezing me over and over and over and over and over again, until I shut the game down and played Marvel Future Fight without even bothering to retreat. Hopefully I corrupted my save.

Honorable mention to the forum still refusing to let me up-vote posts.

DBC