Divine Champions

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2014
    MMR is irrelevant in these tourneys. It might help at the beginning as you'll get easy opponents, but whether or not your opponents are easy at the beginning doesn't matter much because no one attacks you at those levels. Once you're in high levels, the people who attack you has to be in the same levels as you. To be in the higher levels you need to have good enough teams, so you get matched to hard opponents even if your mmr is low.

However, while the mmr doesn't matter, the bracket you're in makes all the difference. And to have a good bracket you need to enter at the right time. I haven't entered in the second iteration of this event yet, but from now to at around noon tomorrow will be a very good time to enter.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still haven't started my bracket and have no interest in the tourney except for the Loki. Wonder how long it would take to get to 1200 if I wait. Would get up there and then put up a bagman team. Would imagine doing 40/50 points per battle would make it there in no time.

You should start relatively soon if thats your goal. Player activity starts rising as it gets closer to tourneys end.
  • Microtom wrote:
    MMR is irrelevant in these tourneys.

MMR doesn't play a role in your bracket?
  • Speedy0307 wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    MMR is irrelevant in these tourneys.

MMR doesn't play a role in your bracket?

It doesn't play a role, or at least not a substantial one, in achieving a good overall rank.
  • Just had the worst game in my 4 months playing. No exaggeration, the AI got 8 crits.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Just had the worst game in my 4 months playing. No exaggeration, the AI got 8 crits.

Try 11, one round alone had 5 icon_lol.gif
  • Just had the worst game in my 4 months playing. No exaggeration, the AI got 8 crits.

Try 11, one round alone had 5 icon_lol.gif

This is why I don't like this tournament. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many buffed characters, primarily Thor. I've had the ai kill my full health max Thor in the third turn multiple times. I've also had the ai Thor hit me with both red and yellow in the third turn to kill two characters. I know it's just bad rng, but it's just frustrating.
  • This tournament sure had some of the biggest swing in either direction. When things go bad, they are really bad.
  • last night went to bed with the same score and 2nd place was 200pts behind me.

woke up to find it like this

Screenshot_2014-01-24-12-59-10_zpshlqaonkz.png

saw the guy who was in second go down in rank until he was no longer in the top 10.

meanwhile no ones attacked me. i am bored out of my mind cause i cant find anyone decent to attack.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    There is something really wrong with the matching this go around. I am at 650 in 4th and yet the only people I am matched against are people at 400-450 points and are worth 10-13 points a pop. Everyone has at least a maxed Thor plus a strong Ares or Storm and even with my strong team will be a sitting duck since I am worth like 40 points. Heck even fighting me twice nets more than what I can retaliate for.

I am not even that high up the rankings going for the 1200 prize and cant get anyone decent.
  • L45TN7 wrote:
    last night went to bed with the same score and 2nd place was 200pts behind me.

saw the guy who was in second go down in rank until he was no longer in the top 10.

meanwhile no ones attacked me. i am bored out of my mind cause i cant find anyone decent to attack.

Ironically, I've skipped you a few times as part of an experiment.

Everyone is saying MMR only has something to do with getting easy matches to start a tourney. I still HIGHLY disagree and this is my 5th tournament in a row managing my MMR actively.

To prove my point I am playing this Divine Champion tourney purposefully avoiding ANY team with a level 85 Thor (which is everyone and their mom) to prove you can ride easy matches all the way up if you keep your MMR in check at all times. I am in first place by over 300 points and have only been attacked once on my way up without using any shields.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    There is something really wrong with the matching this go around. I am at 650 in 4th and yet the only people I am matched against are people at 400-450 points and are worth 10-13 points a pop. Everyone has at least a maxed Thor plus a strong Ares or Storm and even with my strong team will be a sitting duck since I am worth like 40 points. Heck even fighting me twice nets more than what I can retaliate for.

I am not even that high up the rankings going for the 1200 prize and cant get anyone decent.
  • Scores in my bracket are still exactly the way they were yesterday when I posted a screenshot. Top is at about 600.
  • I don't recognize anyone I ordinarily do battle with.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    L45TN7 wrote:

Hate to be the one to tell you, but I'm pretty sure you're shadow banned...which would explain why you haven't been attacked at all.

JcLUaJR.jpg?1
  • Unless you're in one of those mysterious matchups where nobody attack you, pretty much everyone's score I can see is just fluctuating between 500-700. Whoever jumps out gets immediately clobbered. I recognize quite a few names from forums and nobody is getting any progress beyond 700. The wrath of Thor strikes down anyone who dares to have that many points. Right now the smart thing to do seems to be hold at around 500 (you don't want to have too many open retaliations which will be the case if your rating dropped too far) and then hope to make a run when people in your matchup group goes to sleep.
  • Nemek wrote:
    L45TN7 wrote:

Hate to be the one to tell you, but I'm pretty sure you're shadow banned...which would explain why you haven't been attacked at all.

JcLUaJR.jpg?1

What does it mean to be shadow banned? How does one get shadow banned? What is the point of it?
  • Thing is we need more shields.
  • That's really strange Nemek, that looks like the same bracket as his pic but without L45T showing up in the number one spot. Crimson tears shielded there with the same score gives it away. What's going on there?
  • Same bracket but could be just different times on the pics as some names are different. ..some on the forums are reporting not being hit at all even with tank teams so there might be an issue on d3p side of team not popping up. Maybe they are trying to tweak it so you can't be hit more than x times by a person and it drops you from the attack list...literally.