Puzzle Quest Cover Tracker

nbperp
nbperp Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
edited April 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I've built a little tool that others may find useful. Link: https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=pq_tracker.

The general idea is simple - for each character, you want to know (a) what your goal is and (b) what you currently have.

Once it's in your inventory, you can click on a character to see what other folks have listed for that character. It also shows you "team up buddies" (e.g., For Thor - a red/yellow/green character, you'll see Dr. Doom, Daken, and other Black/Blue/Purple characters)

You can also indicate your current ISO amount and the system will let you know what level you can get your characters up to, even if it's not to the current cap.

If there's a glitch and/or a new feature you'd be interested in, please feel free to let me know.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    It askes for a login
  • nbperp
    Malcrof wrote:
    It askes for a login

Sure - it's going to store your covers under your profile. But there is also a "Create Account" button just under the login section, just asks for minimal information to get an account.
  • Malcrof
    Got it, just a heads up, Bullseye 2* now has a 3rd power. greenflag.png
  • nbperp
    Malcrof wrote:

Updated! Thanks for the reminder!
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    edited May 2015
    Wrong wiki link for Devil Dino, right one is http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ic_Reptile).
    Missing link for Bullseye (Classic) - http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... e_(Classic)
    Missing link foe Vision - http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... id_Avenger)
    Nice tool, btw icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    nbperp wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Updated! Thanks for the reminder!

Np, just completed my roster on the tracker! Amazing tool!!!!!!!!! This needs to go into the tips sticky ASAP!

Didn't realize i was a hoarder lol, only missing Devil Dino, and 4 1*'s from my roster... too bad slots cost so much right now.
  • Malcrof
    BTW, the CSV export is a little odd, loads of HTML code in there. But the column i wanted was perfect in excel, total iso needed for max levels with the covers i have...

anyone able to loan me 1.5million iso?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I really wanted to use this but putting in all that info is very tedious. Would be nice if there were a way to add all characters at once, or at least a check mark system to batch add. Also an easier way to put in which covers you have. An option to just put in max covers regardless of correctness just for calculating iso costs would be nice. Nice work so far, good idea.
  • Malcrof
    Thanos wrote:
    I really wanted to use this but putting in all that info is very tedious. Would be nice if there were a way to add all characters at once, or at least a check mark system to batch add. Also an easier way to put in which covers you have. An option to just put in max covers regardless of correctness just for calculating iso costs would be nice. Nice work so far, good idea.

Took less than 10 minutes to put in and add info for 65 characters.

Just click add down at the bottom, it removes it from the list down there, so no need to keep clicking next. Once you have them added, go through and put in optimal builds, click update, then put what covers you have and levels and hit update.

Suggestion... Any chance we can get a static external non-editable link? Would love to share my roster in my sig, but do not want people to be able to fiddle with it.

Also, will you be adding cover art at any point?
  • Malcrof
    ok, the more i dig into this, the more i realize this had to be a labor of love for you. Clicking their names gives you an amazing info sheet. Team Up Buddies is going to be a great tool!!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

Took less than 10 minutes to put in and add info for 65 characters.

Just click add down at the bottom, it removes it from the list down there, so no need to keep clicking next. Once you have them added, go through and put in optimal builds, click update, then put what covers you have and levels and hit update.

Suggestion... Any chance we can get a static external non-editable link? Would love to share my roster in my sig, but do not want people to be able to fiddle with it.

That's what i was doing, its still tedious. Being able to put a check next to each name then just click one button to add would be much easier.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    You never disappoint.

If people here only knew your clix life!
  • thesamuraipig
    thesamuraipig Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    What a great tool! Easy entry and great information all in one place. I really love the average for builds on each character too. Interesting to see how other players are shaping their builds. Kudos and many thanks!

One request? Maybe a grand total for ISO To Cap somewhere?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I am missing 13 characters:

DD and Fury
    Ms. Marvel 3*
    and the other ten are 1* and 2*.

However, only 10 of my characters are "completed" and an additional two and "misconfigured".

I am missing a total of 303 covers to properly configure all of my characters (from my existing characters only).
    If I were to buy all of the missing covers, the cost would be 475,250 Hero Points.
    The HP cost of the 2*s is 6,500
    The HP cost of the 3*s is 256,250
    The HP cost of the 4*s is 212,500

This would cost approximately $2,800.00 if I bought the Hero Points.

It will take 931,340 ISO to cap my existing covers.
    Buying that ISO outright would cost over $1,400.00.

So the moral of the story is, never buy anything in this game and it is like you are making money when you find covers. icon_e_smile.gif
  • nbperp
    ragnarady wrote:
    Wrong wiki link for Devil Dino, right one is http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ic_Reptile).
    Missing link for Bullseye (Classic) - http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... e_(Classic)
    Missing link foe Vision - http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... id_Avenger)
    Nice tool, btw icon_e_smile.gif

Fixed - THANKS!
  • nbperp
    Malcrof wrote:

Sure thing - will work on that.
    Malcrof wrote:

Eh, I don't know. For that sort of thing, wouldn't you just go to the wiki?
  • nbperp
    One request? Maybe a grand total for ISO To Cap somewhere?

That feature already exists:

1 - Click the "Actions" button
    2 - Click Format
    3 - Click Aggregate
    4 - Select the Function SUM
    5 - Select the column ISO TO CAP
    6 - Click APPLY
    7 - Scroll to the bottom of the screen

If you want this to always be available:
    1 - Click the "Actions" button
    2 - Click "Save Report"
    3 - Give it a name you can remember
    4 - Click APPLY
    (The system will now give you a drop down list of views you can select from, each one will be whatever specific search queries/computations/aggregations you've already selected, but always fresh with the latest data)
  • nbperp
    I miss multi-quoting that other boards seem to offer icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Only 171 covers needed! Considering 84 of them are for 4*'s, and 12 are for BP (still stuck at just 1 blue cover, and no resolution on the one i missed from the outage..hurry guys!)..

Add in maybe 10 covers i want are for re-specs. I am further along cover-wise then i had thought.

Still a couple million iso shy of leveling
  • Buret0 wrote:
    This would cost approximately $2,800.00 if I bought the Hero Points.

Buying that ISO outright would cost over $1,400.00.

It's pretty crazy seeing those numbers of HP and ISO cost to max out your team really puts things in perspective for me. I never actually put much thought into how much it would cost but I have to admit I'm pretty surprised how inexpensive it actually is. At least in your case!

The_more_you_know_banner.jpg