1 Star Spidey needs to happen:

Options
Suggesting a new 1 star? MADNESS.

But, there's a few reasons.

1. As Marvel's Flagship character, Spidey is woefully underrepresented. He only has one active character, and one "retired" character that can only be gained in PVP drops from people who already have him.

2. He's on the basic recruit token screen, showing as a recruitable character! This gives the impression to new players that he'll be obtainable at some point, when he actually isn't likely to show up until they're in the 2-3 star transition, and highly unlikely to pop from a silver token. He even shows up in the prologue as a guest character, setting a "false expectation" for Spidey Fans, but his mission drops Ms Marvel covers instead, which apparently were originally "Bag-Man" covers? That at least made sense. Thor's on this screen as well, but it at least makes sense because he does drop as a cover in the prologue, and has a 2 star variant that sometimes drops in the silver tokens.

3. He's relatively "low hanging" development fruit, or at least I would think so, in an amateur mindset, at least. Just copy Bag-Man's mechanics to a 1 star stat spread, and then use one of his many, many, variant costumes. Or make BM the 1 star, and then put a 2 star variant with an upgraded version of the BM powers. New Art Assets might be needed, either way.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just put something akin to this in the spec thread.. he is one of the most recognizable characters in the WORLD! If you want new players to get on board fast, and keep playing, give them something they love right off the bat. Yes i know Iron Man is given early.. but, he is not exactly role model materiel for the youngins who play (well Stark isn't nyway)..
  • Unknown
    Options
    They have 2 of the 3 flagship franchises represented, with Storm for Xmen, and IM/Black Widow/Hawkeye for Avengers.

One could argue venom is the Spider-man component, but eh.. it's the Dark Avengers version.